• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Name: Kierra-Sofia
    Weight: 176lbs
    Height: 5ft 2
    Omad time: 12-4pm
    Omad start: 16/04/16
    Omad goal weight range: 130-120lbs

I have struggled with my weight since late teens as an emotional eater. I have tried many different diets and calorie counting here on mfp but always regain what I lose.

I turned 40 on the 2nd April and that has made me determined to shift this weight once and for all. It's held me back for far too long and my health has been suffering.

I need to regain control of my eating and my health.

You can do it!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Welcome, Kierra-Sofia.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Name: Kierra-Sofia
    Weight: 176lbs
    Height: 5ft 2
    Omad time: 12-4pm
    Omad start: 16/04/16
    Omad goal weight range: 130-120lbs

I have struggled with my weight since late teens as an emotional eater. I have tried many different diets and calorie counting here on mfp but always regain what I lose.

I turned 40 on the 2nd April and that has made me determined to shift this weight once and for all. It's held me back for far too long and my health has been suffering.

I need to regain control of my eating and my health.

Welcome.

You are starting on my B-day today!

If you are to succeed (and you will if you want to), you must break that connection between feeling "happy" in eating on your terms and learn to eat and be content with your feel. Give yourself time to adjust and you will find that feeling of inner-contentment much better than craving-following.
  • Kierrasofia00
    Kierrasofia00 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Happy Birthday arguablysam, hope you have a great day!

• ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    edited April 2016
    ...your name or preferred username
    Elizabeth Maryam
    ...your weight
    152 lbs
    ...your height
    5'1.5"
    ...past struggles you've faced/are facing
    I could likely write a book here; but I won't ...lol. I am almost 49 (July). I was always around 110 lbs most of my life until I was apx 44/45 and had a medical situation whereby I wasn't allowed to do any activity (even normal daily activity was restricted). It was during this time I gained my weight. I was up to 189 lbs. In 2013 I did do some fasting, for religious reasons, whereby I ate once a day and that is when I was able to successfully lose about 20 lbs (I wasn't trying to lose weight at the time but it was just a by product of the fasting and eating once a day). In July 2014, I joined MFP and was losing weight by eliminating potato chips, pop and other things. I was down to 149 but then my mum was diagnosed with cancer and my goals were set aside. I went back up to 168 (apx). I rejoined MFP in Nov/Dec 2015 and my mum passed away Feb 10, 2016. Since rejoining I have gotten down to 152 lbs. In reflection I found the easiest manner for weight loss (for my personal situation) was OMAD. I discovered the gentleman who started this group and decided I would start it when I was ready. And today is the day. There are lots of other issues, such as having no thyroid, heart problem, chronic pain, scoliosis, edema, having radiation and surgeries, severe hypoglycaemia, etc.; but I'm being very cautious and monitoring things, so that things will go well. I also have suspected insulin resistance, so I also am implementing a low carb diet (in process over apx the past week), and thus far, it has made a difference, except when I are too many carbs and was ill. I do have to take my synthroid at the opposite time of day when I take my multivitamin, so I can't take all my items at meal time, so I will have to work around this.
    ...your goal weight range
    105-120 lbs (tentative)
    ...the time of your OMAD
    Dinner time unless special reason
    ...and your OMAD start date
    April 16, 2016 (except I had meal in am)
  • blambo61
    Welcome Maryam! Good luck.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Welcome Maryam! Good luck.

Thank you :)
  • TheOriginalBeauty
    TheOriginalBeauty Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi I am Carley.

32 years old from Australia
    My starting weight was 102.5 kilos
    My last weigh in was 94.5 kilos
    My goal weight is not known yet.

I have pcos and fibro. I have had bulimia for 15 years, 4 years in recovery. I also had anorexia.

My goal? To be free from dieting obsession, to stop counting calories. To enjoy food. Sory for the short inro I am tired. If you would like more OMAD friends feel free to add me but please put OMAD ☺☺☺

Day 1 of OMAD complete ☺
  • arguablysamson
    Hi I am Carley.

32 years old from Australia
    My starting weight was 102.5 kilos
    My last weigh in was 94.5 kilos
    My goal weight is not known yet.

I have pcos and fibro. I have had bulimia for 15 years, 4 years in recovery. I also had anorexia.

My goal? To be free from dieting obsession, to stop counting calories. To enjoy food. Sory for the short inro I am tired. If you would like more OMAD friends feel free to add me but please put OMAD ☺☺☺

Day 1 of OMAD complete ☺

Hi, Carley...

My ex had PCOS. That and fibro can complicate things. But regardless, just aim for the utmost stability and keeping control and you'll do fine.
  • susieqpatti126
    susieqpatti126 Posts: 8 Member
    Greetings! I've been doing OMAD on/off since the beginning of the year and it's time to get serious about admitting that I need support instead of lurking in the background. The days/weeks that I have practiced this I have lost weight, so I know that it can work. And I know that it can work for me because it provides both boundaries and flexibility that will help me be successful in the long term. I've done every diet out there and know that they are short term and not a lifestyle that I can live with. I also know how emotional (addictive?) overeating has been for me, and that I will have to learn different ways to deal with that.

Star weight: 185
    Height: 5' 4"
    Goal weight range: 125-135
    Eating window: 6 to 7 PM
    Start Date: January 20, 2016

Look forward to supporting each other!
  • arguablysamson
    Greetings! I've been doing OMAD on/off since the beginning of the year and it's time to get serious about admitting that I need support instead of lurking in the background. The days/weeks that I have practiced this I have lost weight, so I know that it can work. And I know that it can work for me because it provides both boundaries and flexibility that will help me be successful in the long term. I've done every diet out there and know that they are short term and not a lifestyle that I can live with. I also know how emotional (addictive?) overeating has been for me, and that I will have to learn different ways to deal with that.

Star weight: 185
    Height: 5' 4"
    Goal weight range: 125-135
    Eating window: 6 to 7 PM
    Start Date: January 20, 2016

Look forward to supporting each other!

Hi, Susan!

We go through moments where we are more and less active around here, but we are a good community where you can start your own thread and track - and share - your progress with others.

Glad to have you!
  • susieqpatti126
    susieqpatti126 Posts: 8 Member

Hi Carley! I agree that I want to be free from the dieting obsession too. I think that OMAD is a great way to enjoy food. I'm enjoying planning meals, eating them slowly and mindfully, and then not worrying about food the rest of the time. I think this is a good way for those of us with eating disorders.
  • Arch155
    Arch155 Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi everyone ,I've been a fat person all my life ever since my childhood. I finally solved this problem in the middle age of my life. Low or no Carb plus intermittent fasting(16/8 at first), But couldn't reach my idea weight no matter what I try, and then there comes the 23/1 or One meal a Day, I finally have the control over my body, My user photo show I'm trying out 29in jean or snutty jean if you will. I'm doing OMAD for life!!!

My name: Arch
    My starting weight: 106kg/233lbs
    My current weight: 65.5kg/144lbs
    My Height: 180cm/5'11
    My goal weight: as low as I can?
    OMAD Start Date: 12/4/2016
  • arguablysamson
    Hi, Arch!

Welcome!

Start a thread and keep us abreast of your progress.

-Joe
  • blambo61
    Arch,

Good to meet you! Your 5'11" and 144-lbs. What % body fat are you? You seem pretty lean already. Do you need to lose weight? Do you have very much muscle?
  • arguablysamson
    Arch,

Good to meet you! Your 5'11" and 144-lbs. What % body fat are you? You seem pretty lean already. Do you need to lose weight? Do you have very much muscle?

Very good questions, Bob.

You need a legit goal, Arch. Weight loss can get out of hand (from both ends of the spectrum) without one.
  • Arch155
    edited May 2016
    Arch,

Very good questions, Bob.

You need a legit goal, Arch. Weight loss can get out of hand (from both ends of the spectrum) without one.

You're right Joe, I do need a goal, But when you been fat and obese for so long, It's just feel so good to feel that finally I have some control over my body instead the other way around like before. But I heard you, Joe, thanks.
  • Arch155
    Arch,

thanks, My BF is roughly 17% , at least according to TANITA. I've got some lean muscle on me but nothing to write home about. I thinking about balking up a bit, but that means I have to increase my caloric intake which something I really trying to avoid all my life.
  • blambo61
    Arch155 wrote: »
    Arch,

thanks, My BF is roughly 17% , at least according to TANITA. I've got some lean muscle on me but nothing to write home about. I thinking about balking up a bit, but that means I have to increase my caloric intake which something I really trying to avoid all my life.

IMO you need more muscle but could still lose a little fat. Your fairly lean already and where your at is pretty good. Not sure how old you are.

I think if you do weights and eat a little protein you can gain muscle and lose more fat even with a cal deficit if you have not been lifting in the recent past. What is your gial % bidy fat?
  • Arch155
    Arch155 wrote: »
    Arch,

IMO you need more muscle but could still lose a little fat. Your fairly lean already and where your at is pretty good. Not sure how old you are.

I think if you do weights and eat a little protein you can gain muscle and lose more fat even with a cal deficit if you have not been lifting in the recent past. What is your gial % bidy fat?

Thanks for the advice, I'll looking into that.
  • BiloxiNative
    BiloxiNative Posts: 5 Member
    Hello Everyone! I'm so happy to have found Joe's website and this group!

Introduction - I'm a 64 year old female who struggled with weight before having children, although I was never seriously overweight (I just thought I was). Motherhood came at 28 and for the next 20+ years I was actually thin, but then menopause came along. Long story short, I began to gain weight and although I've had some success taking it off (several times) it's the same old, same old...it would come back, with extra.

Over the last 18 months or so I've experimented with intuitive eating, but although I've learned a lot about myself, I just couldn't lose any weight. I'm heavier than I have ever been and I'm now pre-diabetic, so something has to give.

I'd experimented with IF both with the 16/8 plan as well as the 5:2 (AWFUL!) But one day about 3 weeks ago I had something happen that kept me from eating all day, and by the time I did get to eat I discovered that I really didn't need much to eat at all. So the idea came to me that perhaps this could work for me. I played around with it for a week or two, and then I got serious about it and started in earnest early last week (don't remember exactly which day I started, though). I discovered the OMAD website and you tube channel by googling one meal a day and that's how I arrived here!

I have to admit that I don't use a scale - I've discovered that it's an instrument of torture for me, so the only time I get on one is at the doctor's office. My last visit I weighed 172, and I'm pretty sure I got up into the mid-70's before finally getting a grip. But because I knew I was coming here, I went ahead and weighed this morning, and I weighed 168.6 - just about where I thought I would be. I always have a pretty good idea of what I weigh, even without a scale.

And I won't get on it again for awhile. I have other ways of knowing if I'm losing weight.

My name: Cathy
    My starting weight: 168.6 lbs
    My current weight: 168.6 lbs
    My Height: 5'2"
    My goal weight: 120-130 lbs
    OMAD start date: 05/16/16

As I said, I've been doing OMAD for about a week, but since I didn't know my starting weight and I can't remember exactly when I started I'm going to put today's date as my official start date.

I'm so glad to be here!
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome, Cathy. Great to have you.

Your story has a lot of common elements to it. One thing does shine out: one seem ready to go for stability over anything else, which is alway the way it should be.

Now start your own thread and keep us abreast of your progress! :-)
  • slockrl1
    slockrl1 Posts: 1 Member
    ..Hi, I'm Rebecca. I weigh 175 lbs, 5'3'. Been struggling with weight as long as I can remember, but especially in the past 10 years. Goal weight 135-145. I eat one meal between 4:00-6:00/ Began June 9, 2016.
    ..Stumbled on Joe's videos by accident...or fate. Hard at first but getting easier. I have tried just about every diet and tired of being denied one food group or another, carbs, meat, fat, etc. Failure at counting points. Constantly obsessed about what I'm supposed to eat and blowing it and binging. Love the thought of being about to eat evening meal with my family especially at a restaurant and not worry all the time. I enjoy exercise and really want to feel a little less weak so I can resume that. I think Splurge days sound scary and too good to be true. I am a woman of 55 and would love to hear from any women around my age. Menopause is a bear, and I think losing weight at this age is 2X as hard.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Welcome, Rebecca. Do not let my profile photo fool you: I'm not a Chihuahua-Jack Russell terrier puppy. In fact, I'm a 57-year old woman, 5'7", now at the lowest weight I've been at in 14 years. And, although I've never been more than 35 pounds overweight at my highest, I've struggled with ups and downs for most of my adult life and have generally been at least 20 pounds overweight. I started intermittent fasting 16-8 last year. 16-8 helped, but still didn't address the fact that being a woman of a certain age and size meant that, to lose weight, dividing calories into two meals still required eating a lot less at dinner than I would like. Moreover, although I'm generally not hungry in the morning, once I start eating, it makes it more difficult for me to control my intake. Fundamentally, I chafe at deprivation! So, I then tried Fast Five, which narrowed my food window further, and that, too, helped, but still wasn't quite the ticket.

Eventually I came across some articles on the Warrior Diet, Stanley McChrystal, and others who only eat one meal a day. That, in turn, brought me to Joe's group here, where I "met" others who have found success with the one meal a day plan. I settled into OMAD Monday through Friday, with a longer eating window of four or five hours on Saturday and Sunday, so that I could enjoy appetizers and a cocktail hour on the weekend. (I do try to ride my bike on weekends to compensate, but I don't beat myself up if I under-exercise or over-eat a bit.) I've been maintaining a 25-pound weight loss since March or so....maintenance is still a tenuous thing for me, but I'm learning to trust that a pound or two gain is easily taken off by a return to a week of one meal a day. In other words, it can be done, even after 50!

In recent years, the word "diet" is often criticized, with everyone wanting to refer to "ways of eating" and "lifestyles," but I'm of a generation in which diet was the word of choice for those trying to lose weight. And I'm here to tell you that OMAD is the easiest diet I have ever done in my life. I actually enjoyed it -- such that I may have to retire the word diet and call it a lifestyle or way of eating. I hope you enjoy it as well. Good luck!
  • rainbowvenus
    rainbowvenus Posts: 28 Member
    This is a thread to let others know you are beginning again on OMAD. Get involved by posting...

...your name or preferred username
    ...your weight
    ...your height
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    ...your goal weight range
    ...the time of your OMAD
    ...and your OMAD start date.

You might elaborate on what brought you around to OMAD as opposed to other weight-loss methods. This thread lets others know they are not alone in the struggle.

Alice...your name or preferred username
    207 ...your weight
    5'7 ...your height
    Candy/Sugar addiction ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing
    150-160 ...your goal weight range
    6 pm ...the time of your OMAD
    6/21/2016 ...and your OMAD start date.

I would like to pick OMAD back up because last year I had a lot of success with eating once a day. I hadn't done any official research, only fell into the lifestyle. It was easier to maintain than I had anticipated. I need to get back into it!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Welcome, Alice!!
  • arguablysamson
    Welcome indeed, Alice!!
  • blambo61
    Go Alice!
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    ...your name or preferred username: Bobo
    ...your weight: 240
    ...your height: 5'7
    ...any past struggles you've faced or are facing: emotional eating, impulsive eating, binging, and constantly feeling deprived on other diets
    ...your goal weight range: 180-190
    ...the time of your OMAD: 6-10pm (depending on work schedule)
    ...and your OMAD start date. : June 25th Saturday.:smile:

I need to lose 30-40 lbs by October in order to pass a physical aptitude test to have my dream job. Hoping to get support and read about all the success stories of other Omaders...:smile:

Bobo
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Welcome, Bobo!