• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Name: Kierra-Sofia
    Weight: 176lbs
    Height: 5ft 2
    Omad time: 12-4pm
    Omad start: 16/04/16
    Omad goal weight range: 130-120lbs

I have struggled with my weight since late teens as an emotional eater. I have tried many different diets and calorie counting here on mfp but always regain what I lose.

I turned 40 on the 2nd April and that has made me determined to shift this weight once and for all. It's held me back for far too long and my health has been suffering.

I need to regain control of my eating and my health.

You can do it!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Welcome, Kierra-Sofia.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Name: Kierra-Sofia
    Weight: 176lbs
    Height: 5ft 2
    Omad time: 12-4pm
    Omad start: 16/04/16
    Omad goal weight range: 130-120lbs

I have struggled with my weight since late teens as an emotional eater. I have tried many different diets and calorie counting here on mfp but always regain what I lose.

I turned 40 on the 2nd April and that has made me determined to shift this weight once and for all. It's held me back for far too long and my health has been suffering.

I need to regain control of my eating and my health.

Welcome.

You are starting on my B-day today!

If you are to succeed (and you will if you want to), you must break that connection between feeling "happy" in eating on your terms and learn to eat and be content with your feel. Give yourself time to adjust and you will find that feeling of inner-contentment much better than craving-following.
  • Kierrasofia00
    Kierrasofia00 Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Happy Birthday arguablysam, hope you have a great day!

• ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    edited April 2016
    ...your name or preferred username
    Elizabeth Maryam
    ...your weight
    152 lbs
    ...your height
    5'1.5"
    ...past struggles you've faced/are facing
    I could likely write a book here; but I won't ...lol. I am almost 49 (July). I was always around 110 lbs most of my life until I was apx 44/45 and had a medical situation whereby I wasn't allowed to do any activity (even normal daily activity was restricted). It was during this time I gained my weight. I was up to 189 lbs. In 2013 I did do some fasting, for religious reasons, whereby I ate once a day and that is when I was able to successfully lose about 20 lbs (I wasn't trying to lose weight at the time but it was just a by product of the fasting and eating once a day). In July 2014, I joined MFP and was losing weight by eliminating potato chips, pop and other things. I was down to 149 but then my mum was diagnosed with cancer and my goals were set aside. I went back up to 168 (apx). I rejoined MFP in Nov/Dec 2015 and my mum passed away Feb 10, 2016. Since rejoining I have gotten down to 152 lbs. In reflection I found the easiest manner for weight loss (for my personal situation) was OMAD. I discovered the gentleman who started this group and decided I would start it when I was ready. And today is the day. There are lots of other issues, such as having no thyroid, heart problem, chronic pain, scoliosis, edema, having radiation and surgeries, severe hypoglycaemia, etc.; but I'm being very cautious and monitoring things, so that things will go well. I also have suspected insulin resistance, so I also am implementing a low carb diet (in process over apx the past week), and thus far, it has made a difference, except when I are too many carbs and was ill. I do have to take my synthroid at the opposite time of day when I take my multivitamin, so I can't take all my items at meal time, so I will have to work around this.
    ...your goal weight range
    105-120 lbs (tentative)
    ...the time of your OMAD
    Dinner time unless special reason
    ...and your OMAD start date
    April 16, 2016 (except I had meal in am)
  • blambo61
    Welcome Maryam! Good luck.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 570 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Welcome Maryam! Good luck.

Thank you :)
  • TheOriginalBeauty
    TheOriginalBeauty Posts: 25 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi I am Carley.

32 years old from Australia
    My starting weight was 102.5 kilos
    My last weigh in was 94.5 kilos
    My goal weight is not known yet.

I have pcos and fibro. I have had bulimia for 15 years, 4 years in recovery. I also had anorexia.

My goal? To be free from dieting obsession, to stop counting calories. To enjoy food. Sory for the short inro I am tired. If you would like more OMAD friends feel free to add me but please put OMAD ☺☺☺

Day 1 of OMAD complete ☺
  • arguablysamson
    Hi I am Carley.

32 years old from Australia
    My starting weight was 102.5 kilos
    My last weigh in was 94.5 kilos
    My goal weight is not known yet.

I have pcos and fibro. I have had bulimia for 15 years, 4 years in recovery. I also had anorexia.

My goal? To be free from dieting obsession, to stop counting calories. To enjoy food. Sory for the short inro I am tired. If you would like more OMAD friends feel free to add me but please put OMAD ☺☺☺

Day 1 of OMAD complete ☺

Hi, Carley...

My ex had PCOS. That and fibro can complicate things. But regardless, just aim for the utmost stability and keeping control and you'll do fine.
  • susieqpatti126
    susieqpatti126 Posts: 8 Member
    Greetings! I've been doing OMAD on/off since the beginning of the year and it's time to get serious about admitting that I need support instead of lurking in the background. The days/weeks that I have practiced this I have lost weight, so I know that it can work. And I know that it can work for me because it provides both boundaries and flexibility that will help me be successful in the long term. I've done every diet out there and know that they are short term and not a lifestyle that I can live with. I also know how emotional (addictive?) overeating has been for me, and that I will have to learn different ways to deal with that.

Star weight: 185
    Height: 5' 4"
    Goal weight range: 125-135
    Eating window: 6 to 7 PM
    Start Date: January 20, 2016

Look forward to supporting each other!
  • arguablysamson
    Greetings! I've been doing OMAD on/off since the beginning of the year and it's time to get serious about admitting that I need support instead of lurking in the background. The days/weeks that I have practiced this I have lost weight, so I know that it can work. And I know that it can work for me because it provides both boundaries and flexibility that will help me be successful in the long term. I've done every diet out there and know that they are short term and not a lifestyle that I can live with. I also know how emotional (addictive?) overeating has been for me, and that I will have to learn different ways to deal with that.

Star weight: 185
    Height: 5' 4"
    Goal weight range: 125-135
    Eating window: 6 to 7 PM
    Start Date: January 20, 2016

Look forward to supporting each other!

Hi, Susan!

We go through moments where we are more and less active around here, but we are a good community where you can start your own thread and track - and share - your progress with others.

Glad to have you!
  • susieqpatti126
    susieqpatti126 Posts: 8 Member

Hi Carley! I agree that I want to be free from the dieting obsession too. I think that OMAD is a great way to enjoy food. I'm enjoying planning meals, eating them slowly and mindfully, and then not worrying about food the rest of the time. I think this is a good way for those of us with eating disorders.
  • Arch155
    Arch155 Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hi everyone ,I've been a fat person all my life ever since my childhood. I finally solved this problem in the middle age of my life. Low or no Carb plus intermittent fasting(16/8 at first), But couldn't reach my idea weight no matter what I try, and then there comes the 23/1 or One meal a Day, I finally have the control over my body, My user photo show I'm trying out 29in jean or snutty jean if you will. I'm doing OMAD for life!!!

My name: Arch
    My starting weight: 106kg/233lbs
    My current weight: 65.5kg/144lbs
    My Height: 180cm/5'11
    My goal weight: as low as I can?
    OMAD Start Date: 12/4/2016
  • arguablysamson
    Hi, Arch!

Welcome!

Start a thread and keep us abreast of your progress.

-Joe
  • blambo61
    Arch,

Good to meet you! Your 5'11" and 144-lbs. What % body fat are you? You seem pretty lean already. Do you need to lose weight? Do you have very much muscle?
  • arguablysamson
    Arch,

Good to meet you! Your 5'11" and 144-lbs. What % body fat are you? You seem pretty lean already. Do you need to lose weight? Do you have very much muscle?

Very good questions, Bob.

You need a legit goal, Arch. Weight loss can get out of hand (from both ends of the spectrum) without one.
  • Arch155
    edited May 2016
    Arch,

Very good questions, Bob.

You need a legit goal, Arch. Weight loss can get out of hand (from both ends of the spectrum) without one.

You're right Joe, I do need a goal, But when you been fat and obese for so long, It's just feel so good to feel that finally I have some control over my body instead the other way around like before. But I heard you, Joe, thanks.
  • Arch155
    Arch,

thanks, My BF is roughly 17% , at least according to TANITA. I've got some lean muscle on me but nothing to write home about. I thinking about balking up a bit, but that means I have to increase my caloric intake which something I really trying to avoid all my life.
  • blambo61
    Arch155 wrote: »
    Arch,

thanks, My BF is roughly 17% , at least according to TANITA. I've got some lean muscle on me but nothing to write home about. I thinking about balking up a bit, but that means I have to increase my caloric intake which something I really trying to avoid all my life.

IMO you need more muscle but could still lose a little fat. Your fairly lean already and where your at is pretty good. Not sure how old you are.

I think if you do weights and eat a little protein you can gain muscle and lose more fat even with a cal deficit if you have not been lifting in the recent past. What is your gial % bidy fat?
  • Arch155
    Arch155 wrote: »
    Arch,

IMO you need more muscle but could still lose a little fat. Your fairly lean already and where your at is pretty good. Not sure how old you are.

I think if you do weights and eat a little protein you can gain muscle and lose more fat even with a cal deficit if you have not been lifting in the recent past. What is your gial % bidy fat?

Thanks for the advice, I'll looking into that.