April 2016 - Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,282 Member
    Options
    Walked w/DH and Bean this morning then got on the recumbent for 45 mins and an episode of Castle then went to 1st grade. A good day!

04/26 - 6.41 miles
    04/26 - 12.50 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a fun Wednesday!

Chris

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    Leanz wrote: »
    @cpanus 10,000 miles - WOW
    @sufferlandrian - good new rule. Hope the elbow is settling
    @scarfe9991 and @clepant good luck for your half marathons
    @k80flec awesome sunset

21 Apr 7.6 miles
    22 Apr 8.1 miles
    23 Apr 17.4 miles
    24 Apr 17.4 miles
    25 Apr 6.2 miles
    26 Apr 8.2 miles

MTD 181.2 miles
    I live in New Zealand and we are heading into winter - frosty cold and sometimes wet. I usually run in any weather but haven't yet been given the all clear to start running again so have been cycling up a storm but not so keen to do that in the dark. I notice people "cycling" while watching TV etc. Do you use something you click your road bike onto or do you have a separate exercycle?? Thanks for any advice

I have both. There are several types of trainers. They require that you change the skewer of your back tire to one compatible with the trainer, Most of the time your local bike shop has those or they come with the trainer. I have one magnetic one that I really like but it doesn't have the resistance of my fluid trainer so I switch back and forth depending on the type of workout I need. If I am working on climbing I use the fluid trainer. If I'm working on tempo rides, I'll use the magnetic. It's more quiet. There is also a fan version but it's pretty noisy. You can also get rollers but I wouldn't recommend it if you're not a regular rider. You are not fixed in place and any inattention can leave you sailing for the wall when you come off the rollers. I keep an exercise bike at work so when I have down time. That way I don't have to haul my bike back and forth. The trainers allow you to use your own bike so it fits better. They range in price but the better trainers come in price ranges from 200 to 300 dollars. I don't know what that is in New Zealand. You can go a lot more, but you don't need to. Wahoo makes one that I want to get one day where you take out your back tire and your bike sits in there like the trainer is your back tire. The Kickr is what it's called I think. I'm not ready to drop the $1000 dollars for it. Exercise bikes are exercise bikes. You can get them in recumbent, Upright, computer aided, Video screens, and all kinds of whistles and bells. Just remember, Riding indoors is tedious and boring if you don't have some distraction. I use my computer and several videos like Sufferfest and Rides.

Hope that helps.

Dean

Thanks Leanz!
    Thanks for sharing the info again Dean. I will most likely be on a trainer when my knee finally bites the dust and says Adios to running.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,353 Member
    Options
    April 26: 10.17 miles today. A taper tempo run of 4.17 and 6 miles walking.
    TTD: 328.34 miles

exercise.png

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Adding 2.3 miles
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Back outside yesterday for a walk to the park. Today is much cooler and I am debating trying to get out before the next rainstorm arrives. Added 4 miles

April total 57 miles. Goal today? Maybe :)

exercise.png

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Bike ride after work for 12.33 miles

exercise.png
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Now passing the GOAL line is @JUST_CECI!!! :drinker:

@QUEENEGREENE - Now that was a huge jump to get really close to caught up!! :star:

I got a 2.4 mile treadmill run/walk in this morning at the gym. It went okay and the knee isn't protesting yet. :blush:

Dave
    rI85m5.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    5.1 miles walking

exercise.png

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options

exercise.png

27th: 3.5 miles purposeful walking, 1.5 m run - MTD 177.01

Fabulous run along the Cliffs Promenade this morning - just a short run, but it was bright and fresh.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding 14 miles for 282 out of 300. I may hit goal tomorrow.. Again. :smile:

Adding 13 miles for 295 out of 300. Looks like tomorrow for goal. :smile:

Adding 26 miles for 321 out of 300. Man it was a nice day outside today. !
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    April: Goal 125
    1st: 4
    2nd: 7
    3rd: 5 (bike - 22) = 27 -- Total: 38
    4th: 2
    5th: 3
    6th: 2
    7th: 3
    8th: 3
    9th: 5 (bike - 20.3) = 25.3
    10th: 2
    11th: 3
    12th: 2
    13th: 2
    14th: 1
    15th: 2
    16th: 3
    17th: 2
    18th: 3 (bike - 4.4) = 7.4
    19th: 4
    20th: 4
    21st: 4
    22nd: 5
    23rd: 6
    24th: 5
    25th: 2
    26th: 3 - Total: 133.7
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Adding 4.66 and 4.58 miles walked

128.11 miles walked to date
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    New ttd 90 miles. Phew made it despite being sick for a week now
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Got the boys yesterday afternoon. Oh wow "I'm getting OLD" LOL I did get in 26 miles on ex bike between yesterday & today though. I am hoping for a treadmill walk this evening. It has been raining here since Sunday so I will NOT be walking outside for a few days! Our country roads are a mess!

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    Options
    I live in New Zealand and we are heading into winter - frosty cold and sometimes wet. I usually run in any weather but haven't yet been given the all clear to start running again so have been cycling up a storm but not so keen to do that in the dark. I notice people "cycling" while watching TV etc. Do you use something you click your road bike onto or do you have a separate exercycle?? Thanks for any advice

I have a CycleOps Fluid 2 trainer with a steel skewer that came with it. I paid a little over 300.00 US for it. It is very quiet, and it totally kicks my butt. I just clamp my bike on and go to town. Your local bike shop may let you try out their trainers. Mine did, which is how I found a good trainer that fits my budget.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,460 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I guess my HRM is taking a dump. I did a long session on the hamster wheel, it told me I burned 28 cals, max heart rate was 25 and my average was 10 bpm. Ok I am dead according to that, but I got a bunch of miles in being dead!

04/25 - 18.0 miles hamster wheel
    04/26 - 01.0 miles walking
    04/27 - 01.0 miles walking
    04/27 - 16.0 miles hamster wheel

Total: 236.0 miles

exercise.png

• Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    1.6 mile run / walk
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,282 Member
    Options
    Walked w/DH and Bean this morning then got on the recumbent for 45 mins and an episode of Grimm then went to 1st grade then hit the gym w/DDD and our trainer then completed a killer challenge. I'm very done! Going to read now!

4/27 - 7.21 miles
    4/27 - 12.75 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a grand Thursday.

Chris
This discussion has been closed.