Daily check in

Options

Replies

• Densans
    Densans Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ab6046 wrote: »
    I'll be curious to know how this goes for you, and whether the bingeing will reduce once you stop trying to lose weight. What does BDD stand for? Body dismorphoc disorder, or something else?

yea it stands for Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
    For today I will try to keep at maintenance calories atleast since I binged last day and not try to do the fast like I usually do.
  • ab6046
    ab6046 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    So, I've been MIA for a bit. Sorry, y'all. I have been crazy busy. Lots of work craziness, Jeep problems, twelve year old girl problems. But-no binging. I have cut out ALL sugar, and I think that has made the difference. I have even cut out most of the Stevia-I have some in my morning coffee and that's it. I really believe that sugar was the root of my problem. That and crappy coping skills. I have dropped 5 pounds. Since Sunday. My body is no longer using sugar for food. I'm not retaining water like the Hoover dam anymore. My hands are not falling asleep when I am sleeping, so I am sleeping incredibly well. The depression is subsiding, the desire to drink rum is all but gone. Sugar is the devil. I was low carb diets biggest critic. Now I am living keto-fabulous. I'm not gonna preach, though. I understand it's not for every one and we must all do what works for us. But I am excited about this!

I'll catch up on every one later-it's bedtime here in Jeep World :-)

This whole thing makes me incredibly happy! I'm so glad that you've found something that's working so well for you!
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Had little binges yesterday. Have definitely had worse, but stayed off the scale cause know it'll be up cause of water. Decided not to start my day that way. That's really hard for me to do. Stay off the scale. Going to plan my meals somehow today. Working 6-11 tonight at new job. First time working that shift. Working all these different shifts really messes me up cause I'm a very scheduled person and I like to eat the same things at the same time everyday or it really throws me off. I'm a nut
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ate 4 candy bars earlier while grocery shopping. Disappointed that I caved.
  • msty112
    msty112 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I know I really under ate yesterday though because I was at my friends funeral all day.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Today I was not in the best of moods. I ate out twice yesterday, for lunch and dinner, so I was feeling like a blimp. I don't expect my weight to go down any time soon because of yesterday, and I still hate what I see in the mirror. Then I had to deal with Target. I hate shopping, mostly because I despise being around so many people. Target was particularly crowded today, and there was a screaming toddler that seemed to follow me around all over the store. I wasn't originally going to walk today, but I decided to anyway, and I made it a long walk to get the crabbies out. 4.6 miles, and according to my app I was going at just under 14 minutes per mile, which kind of astounded me.

Now I am home, and my neighbor is being nice and loud, which I can never seem to deal with. I hate noise. I hate noise from other people especially. My neighbor is always so loud, and it drives me up the wall. This is a really nice apartment except for that one thing that just ruins it for me. I want to get out of here, but I can't because I just moved here 5 months ago and I really don't want to move again and I can't afford another deposit any time soon anyway. I just hate it here, I hate the noise, it makes me so anxious. I wish there was something I could do, but there isn't. I've already talked to the neighbor AND the landlord, and nothing has changed. It's not really the neighbor's fault anyway, he's just talking, but since the walls are so thin I can hear everything, and I think any normal person wouldn't mind it too much, but I am very sensitive to noise and it just drives me crazy. I don't know how to fix this, other than ear plugs, which only work so well (I can still hear him through the ear plugs). This is a really nice place, but I hate it SO MUCH because of this one thing.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just fed up to my eyeballs with everything right now and I just want to cry.
  • ab6046
    Options
    Awesome about the walking, not so awesome about your neighbor! I hope that today goes better for you.

I'm feeling extremely anxious today, which seems to be a regular occurrence on Monday's. On Mondays I attend weekly staff meetings at one of my internships, and I dread it so much. We always have to go around the table and talk about what we are working on, and I can always feel my face turn red and I start to stammer. I then get so anxious I just rush through what I'm saying and make no sense whatsoever. It's really embarrassing and people there must think I'm so inarticulate, which I kind of am. At least I'm fine when it comes to writing, but really it's important to be able to communicate verbally and I don't know why I get so nervous every time. I have another research meeting on Monday's too and I used to feel similarly, but recently it's been a bit better and I don't feel so nervous. Monday's are a pretty long day, and sometimes I binge when I come home. I'm hoping that's not the case today, especially with this level of anxiety. I just want the first meeting to be over with so I can get to work and then to my other meeting tonight, and be done with it.
  • mweckler
    mweckler Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to write out your thoughts before the meeting and then read it off the paper? Or at least read it a few times before the meeting so you are comfortable getting your points out? I used to have the same problem where I would bumble and stumble and make word vomit that made no sense, then I started to write out my thoughts and go over them before it was time to speak to even if I spoke quickly I was still able to get the important points across.
  • mweckler
    Options
    So my check in is for yesterday, I have a tile project I have been working on slowly for a week now and I was hell bent to get it done yesterday. The first one was to replace the grout in my bathroom, and in the kitchen I had a tile that was cracked and another that was not secured to the floor. So I was going to remove the grout pop out the tiles and mortar them to the ground, and regrout and be done. Well I was cutting away and finally was able to pop up the tile I needed to recement and this foul odor of what smelled like rancid cat pee just punched me in the face. I pull up the tile to see black stuff, and the wood under the tile half melted away. Apparently my dog when she peed on my kitchen floor it was seeping into the grout and pooling up under the tiles which over time caused the mortar to erode away. So now instead of 2 tiles needing to be fixed I have at least 4 and another area of 4 to check as well. I also should mention these are 18x18 slate tiles and they are very heavy. Also while this is going on I hear water running so I immediately go see what my kids are doing because they were in the bathroom and they like to play with water, so I am yelling down the hall for them to turn off the water as I walk to the bathroom, and they are not playing with water at all. I now get very concerned and walk into my laundry room to find that the intake supply hose for my hot water tank is spraying water out of a hole in the side. So I have to cut off the water supply and wait for the wife to get home from her hair appointment. So she gets home I have to run to Lowe's get the replacement, swap out the hose get the water back on, I go back to my hammer and chisel as my Dremel tool with the grout bit has decided to stop working and I hit the hammer one time and realize I have no more gas in the tank. So I clean up the floor shrapnel apologize to the wife, who understands as I has been busting my butt around the house inside and out all weekend and put everything away, until I get off work today and get right back to the floor tile fun. It did help me burn a lot of calories, so that is a bonus lol. I should also mention I have zero ability as a carpenter or construction worker so this project is all being taught to me by YouTube lol.
  • ab6046
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    Have you tried to write out your thoughts before the meeting and then read it off the paper? Or at least read it a few times before the meeting so you are comfortable getting your points out? I used to have the same problem where I would bumble and stumble and make word vomit that made no sense, then I started to write out my thoughts and go over them before it was time to speak to even if I spoke quickly I was still able to get the important points across.

Yeah, I have been writing it down. I don't know why I get so nervous. Maybe it's because I'm the only person who is not technically staff, and therefore I see myself as lower and incompetent? Not sure. But today's meeting went extremely well. In fact, it was the best staff meeting at this internship that I've ever had which is great considering the one on Thursday was a nightmare and I just sounded like a total idiot. So at least today I was able to redeem myself. Still feeling anxious, but a lot less so. I have lots of work to do here, and then I have a 4:30 meeting and then a 5 PM meeting as well which sometimes I get nervous about. It should be fine though.
  • Zombella
    Zombella Posts: 490 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't too bad. Today is a bit rough.
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    I took my sleep meds last night, so I'm not sure why I kept waking up. Luckily all I had to eat during the night was one 170-calorie Luna protein bar. It helped that I had the calories to spare for it, too. In fact, I've been doing that a lot lately... eating about 200 calories under my goal during the day just in case I need a snack at night. I've been doing really well in keeping my night-time eating minimal, only eating 150-250 calories a night. I haven't had an out-and-out binge in forever, or at least since I've started using MFP (which was in January).
  • ab6046
    Options
    That's awesome you haven't had a full blown binge. Zombella I hope tomorrow is better for you. Despite an anxious start, I had a fantastic day. Had five meetings and my internship. Feeling really motivated. It's crunch time and the next few weeks will be crazy.
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm so upset! Weight up four pounds since yesterday. Logically I know why. I worked 6-11 last night, came home, took my night meds, and slept eat. That damn ambien. My dr lowered the dose so it's not as bad as it used to be, but between that, and inconsistent schedule at work, and not enough sleep, when I see the scale go up that much I panic and all I see in my head is me weighing 362 pounds again. My irrational head wins sometimes.
  • Densans
    Densans Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So far im on my 5th day of no binge and it feels good!
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    Not doing well. Broke up with my boyfriend last night. Been crying all day and just want to eat everything. I took the day off work and went for a 5-mile walk instead. Luckily it's the day before payday so there's not a lot of food in the house, and no money to buy anything.
  • ab6046
    Options
    Not doing well. Broke up with my boyfriend last night. Been crying all day and just want to eat everything. I took the day off work and went for a 5-mile walk instead. Luckily it's the day before payday so there's not a lot of food in the house, and no money to buy anything.

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear that. If you want to talk about it feel free to message me/post on here! Thinking of you.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with myself. I was very bingey last night but managed to avert any issues.
  • mweckler
    Options
    Very tired today, my dishwasher has not been cleaning dishes very well for a while now. I had taken it apart cleaned everything I could find, ran bleach, and vinegar cycles through it. It was still not working properly, so talked to the wife and we decided to get a new one yesterday. The old one was about 8 years old so we got a lot of use out of it. I went and bought one brought it home, and installed it myself. For me it was a major accomplishment, my wife even asked if we should have Lowe's install it or have someone come help, and I said no I can figure it out. The old me would have never attempted something like this on my own. It is amazing how much has changed in my over the last few months.
  • RespectTheKitty
    Options
    I've noticed that on weekends, especially on Sunday, I tend to restrict quite a bit. Not exactly sure why, but a lot of the time I just don't have an appetite. Not sure if this is something I should be concerned about or not. I am finding myself coming in way under my calorie goal on a lot of days, and I'm wondering if this is going to turn into a cycle of restriction or if I'm just satisfied with less food these days.