BABIES

Options

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    That's exciting! I don't think it's TMI but my friends and I have a tendency to overshare.

I was telling my husband about a week ago how excited I am just at the idea of getting off hormonal birth control. TOM was terrible for me before and why I first started birth control, but I have been on it so long and had to change brands several times the last couple years because I keep having issues.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Eeek @VeryKatie how exciting!! Big milestone there! Overshare all you want, after all...if you can't tell strangers on the internet, who can you tell? Haha! I'm not telling anyone our timeline in real life BC its just too much pressure. I don't want the questions.

I've been off hormonal birth control since October due to my own issues with the medication. We use a barrier method, but I know how exited you must be to stop taking the hormones... One step closer!!
  • teegan84
    teegan84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @VeryKatie not TMI at all! I went off birth control at the start of feb, I had been on the pill for 16 years so thought I'd better give my body a chance to do the work on its own and get into a cycle.....I felt like a hormonal teenager again when my hormones kicked in, random tears and moods and terrible cramps and my period has been all over the place....I hope you don't suffer too badly
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you guys didn't find that too much info hahaha.
    I feel like I might be get my happier self back. As much as the BC helped in terms of ... lightening my load (lol) it definitely has drawbacks too (emotionally especially). I used to be cool and easy going... maybe it'll come back hahaha.

The temptation to not wait until July is suuuper strong now though. Even though I have a lot of VERY good reasons to wait, like going on a trip and being told to wait by my doctor because I had 3 live vaccines recently. Very legit. But it would (hopefully) just be so easy to accidentally try now... lol. So impatient. Every baby I see I turn and say to my husband with a big grin "I want one". I don't even have to say it any more - he knows when a baby goes by and I turn to him what I am about to say teehee.

I am also strangely excited to see what it's like to be pregnant. I'm very curious about it.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have quite a while to wait until I can get off BC but I definitely agree about it's drawbacks. I feel like I'll be the old (read: emotionally stable haha) version of me once I'm off it.

Do any of you think you'll share your journey on here? I've checked out the trying to conceive board on whattoexpect and I have to say I didn't care for it much. Also, do any of you plan to continue to use MFP once you conceive to keep track of your intake? Just curious. Curious Kayla here. haha :P
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @WifiresGettingFit I definitely think I will stick with this group to share my journey once I'm pregnant. That being said... I do kind of run the group hahaha. And I intend on still tracking my intake for the most part. I want to try to control my weight gain... since I'm pretty good at gaining weight lol (but that isn't great for baby).
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    haha @VeryKatie I'm glad to hear that. I did wonder what would happen to the group if you decided to take an extended leave from MFP but you know if you ever need help, I'm here!
    I plan on doing the same, I'm also pretty good at gaining weight and would like to stay within the amount I'm supposed to gain.
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    Yay! @WifiresGettingFit I may just take you up on that hehehe. It might be nice to have someone "in charge" while I'm on vacation too :)
  • WifiresGettingFit
    edited May 2016
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Yay! @WifiresGettingFit I may just take you up on that hehehe. It might be nice to have someone "in charge" while I'm on vacation too :)

@VeryKatie I'd be glad to help, just let me know! :)
  • VeryKatie
    Options

@VeryKatie I'd be glad to help, just let me know! :)

I may have made you a leader haha.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    I may have made you a leader haha.

Oh! I'm a leader! I'm a leader!! hahaha

• puffbrat
    Options
    You ladies always make me smile :)

I would love to stay with this group to share trying to conceive and pregnancy experiences. I am both excited and nervous about going off bc. It has made so many things much easier and at least used to even out my mood swings, however, as I previously mentioned, it's also causing me problems.

Like you @VeryKatie I am very curious what pregnancy will feel like, and simultaneously really excited and scared to experience it.

I definitely intend to keep tracking while pregnant. I love to eat and am a serious emotional eater. I'm pretty sure I would turn into a blimp while pregnant without some sort of control mechanism to make me realize I'm going overboard.

Yay for @WifiresGettingFit being a leader! I promise to try not to be difficult.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Eeee!! I'm so excited you're going to share and stick around too @puffbrat! :)

I've gotten so used to the group that I think I would feel a little...lost? without it. haha even though I think I'm pretty much friends with everyone who is active on here, it isn't the same. haha

I haven't seen you be difficult yet @puffbrat but perhaps there are things I do not know hahaha :P
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I hope you all stick around! I think I'm the last of everyone for when we are going to start trying and I would miss you!

Though I have some experience with pregnancy, with Becca being born at 28 weeks I basically didn't experience the third trimester. If you can believe it, I was still sleeping on my stomach and wasn't that big at all. No labour pains, no backache, foot swelling or even morning sickness. I look back and it all seems surreal, especially since I only have flashes of memory the day she was delivered and days after.

I am both excited and terrified to add to our family, it's a crazy swirl of emotions. The other day my husband said it's up to me when we start trying and I had a mini internal freak out. (I thought he would continue to try to push back the date of when we would start.)
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Honestly ladies, I haven't been logging and have only been using mfp for this group! It's really nice to have friends to talk about these things with. My in real life friends are in different stages in their lives, and anyway TTC is still so far away I feel awkward talking to friends who aren't in the same boat. I dont want to talk to my family about it either... Too much pressure, plus I want to be able to surprise them with an announcement.

Oooh- anyone have ideas for announcements?! Also, if any of you are on Pinterest, my name there is
    @Kirstievt, with a pic of oranges. I pin baby, breastfeeding, nursery stuff all the time. Friend me if you are on there! Some of the announcements I have seen are so corny they make me groan, but some have actually made me tear up :)

Anyone else planning on TTC in October? I forget everyone's timelines.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @Kirstie155 So does that mean you're sticking with us too? :smiley::) I understand all that as well as I'm pretty much in the exact same boat and feel the same way. My closest friends are either just graduating college or do not plan on having kids and I don't want any pressure either from family nor the questions.
    I've been thinking of announcements too haha but I haven't come up with anything good. Which ones made you tear up? I'd be interested to hear.
    I originally planned to start trying in October but have since pushed it to 2017 sometime as we feel we need a little more time to get situated. (marriage, house) but who knows, things may work out sooner than we thought so we will see!
    I think out of the group @teegan84 is the one closest to her TTC journey.
  • puffbrat
    Options
    I'm so glad so many of us want to stick around past the pre-TTC phase! Like the rest of you, most of my friends are in different stages. Many have already had all the kids they intend to have. One friend is TTC and willing to share stories/frustrations/info but she lives across the country and we really struggle to get each other on the phone more than once or twice a year. The only family member I have talked with about this is my mom. I made one or two comments last year and now she keeps asking about it and telling me how difficult everything will be. I am really regretting that. So long story short, this group has become really valuable to me!!

Our plan is start in September although we haven't really talked about that date for a while. Sadly, the puppy has changed our lives much more than either of us expected and we have both struggled to adapt much more than expected. Especially surprising since we both grew up with dogs! This has us re-evaluating how ready we are for kids and if we should maybe hold off a little longer. The last year and half has been great for us but we have had lots of big events (me getting Masters, buying house, both of us getting new jobs, puppy) that it would be nice to re-stabilize our lives before adding a baby. We want to be sure we are setting up to be the best parents we can be.

I've been thinking of announcements but have no idea. I have seen some terrible ones, some that are cute but not our style, and a couple of really sweet ones. I'm not sure a big announcement is my husband's style so I am trying to think more of a fun private announcement for me telling my husband.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 I somehow missed your post before. I imagine having a baby at 28 weeks would be scary and I think having the swirl of emotions is completely normal with starting or adding to a family. Just remember you have us! I'm always around, just a message away!

@puffbrat That's exactly what I didn't want by telling my family. I don't want the questions or the comments. I've already got my standard answer for any negative people who say it's going to make everything difficult "You make a baby work into your life, you don't build a life around the baby." Not saying it doesn't take a little more planning but you can still do all the things you want even with a baby.

I'm really glad we have this group. Thanks to @VeryKatie for that :)

• puffbrat
    Options
    @NatashaLP2014 I'm so sorry I also missed your post above! That sounds like it was very stressful and I can understand why you would be nervous. It is nice that your husband is letting you decide when you are ready. Not knowing your husband, I would say don't take it as pressure to be ready soon but instead as knowledge that he will ready when you are.

@WifiresGettingFit I have a close friend who fits that quote perfectly. She and her husband are fantastic parents who didn't let having kids prevent them from living life the way they liked. They will be spending a weekend at our house this month and I think it will be nice perspective to have them around. Unfortunately last time we spent a weekend at their house last year, both kids each had one major meltdown at different times (one nightmare we guess, and the other got diaper rash) during the same evening. My husband who hates noise was completely caught off guard and totally traumatized. He still talks about it. So I hope their visit doesn't scare him off having kids!
  • NatashaLP2014
    NatashaLP2014 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks @WifiresGettingFit I appreciate it. And I agree @puffbrat I think it was meant in that way!

And yes, having a baby changes things but that doesn't mean your personality or what you want/like changes, you make things work. Even with our medically fragile child we make the five hour trip to the city to participate in family events because it is important to us. Sometimes it's tough and there are times when we just can't make things work (especially if it is short notice) but everyone appreciates it when we do make it. My husband and I still play video games together and board games as well. We've figured out a new way to go hiking so we can bring Becca along. And every christmas we've been to his work party in the city, this year Becca will be watched by our respite workers overnight. Things are different but we are still us!

@Puffbrat Some kids are way louder than others! Becca loves daycare but if there are certain kids I can barely stand the few minutes it takes to drop her off. The boys especially are SO LOUD, they seem to have only one volume setting! It's probably something you get used to over time, since it doesn't start all at once.

We announced ours quietly, at about 11 weeks it was my MIL's birthday so we got her a card that said 'Happy Birthday Grandma!'. We were lucky the timing worked out decently, beyond that we just told people at around 14 weeks.