Let's see what you are eating.

Options
15678911»

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Made a kickass Chicken, bacon, ranch, Avocado pizza for the weekend. A little high in the calories at 352/slice; but only 8g of carbs. The crust was dense, and filling. I could barely finish a slice, and it kept me full for a very long time.

Keto crust:
    0.75 c Almond flour
    2 c Finely shredded Mozzarella
    1 tbs Milled Flax seed
    1 Large egg
    1 tbsp Italian seasoning
    0.5 tsp salt
    0.5 tsp pepper
    3 tbsp cream cheese
    * Preheat oven to 400*
    * Microwave the cheese and cream cheese for about 30 seconds until it is mostly melted. Check it often, you do not want it to brown!
    * Add in the rest of the ingredients, and kneed into a dough ball. (you may need extra flour/flax if the dough is too sticky.
    * Cook for about 10-12 minutes. I used a pizza stone, but some people prefer to use an upside down cookie sheet.
    * Remove from oven, and flip the crust over and cook for another 15 minutes.
    * Remove from the oven , brush lightly with oil, then top with your favorite sauce, cheese, toppings. I used 8 tbsp Ken's light ranch, 1 c Mozzarella, 2.5 oz Roasted chicken breast from a rotisserie bird, 2 slices bacon, and added the avocado after cooking.

7L3LliZ.jpg
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    That looks AMAZING.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Like others, I really try to avoid simple carbs, or make them a very small part of my meals. My carbs are nearly always under 50g per day, usually in the 20-30 range. Protein first, veggies, then carbs.

• cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    ebf9ce6s8c6j.jpeg
    Salad with grilled scallops. Yum.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Oooh, that looks great! I ate the insides out of scallop and pork belly tacos last night. It may be the first time I've eaten scallops. I'm a fan
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love scallops!!! Looks delish!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I found this stevia sweetened dark chocolate at Whole Foods today. I've tried the almond and the coconut; tasty and a nice texture. 1/3 of a bar is about 115 calories and quite satisfying. Due to the addition of inulin, they also have 20 grams of fiber per whole bar. Total carbs, 40 per bar, can be on the high side for some but doable for most.

otue627yqu6z.jpg
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I made some Chile Verde, I usually make it with pork but I made it with chicken breast this time. I made it a little spicy but it can be made mild.

l9oh8ku2khd3.jpg
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Oh I need to add Chile Verde to my list of things to make. That looks really yummy!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Salmon, white beans and salad greens. My noon staple - produce & protein.iodjo89r62lm.jpeg
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    That looks so good but my sleeve doesn't like salmon anymore. It's frustrating because I used to love it but I can't eat it now.

I never would have thought to mix in white beans. That really does look good.
  • garber6th
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I made this Pinterest recipe tonight, I used nonstick spray instead of oil, and low fat mozzarella in place of regular. It was DELICIOUS!!

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a47169/caprese-chicken-recipe/

7aesj71uc3w0.jpg

• Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    Whole grain crackers with a schmear of cream cheese, cherry tomatoes, and sardines.

1nq6cf53qi25.jpg
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    garber6th wrote: »
    I made this Pinterest recipe tonight, I used nonstick spray instead of oil, and low fat mozzarella in place of regular. It was DELICIOUS!!

http://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a47169/caprese-chicken-recipe/

7aesj71uc3w0.jpg

Made it. Loved it. We used fresh mozzarella because that's what I had...but will make it with something melty next time. Ate it with broiled asparagus.
  • garber6th
    edited June 2016
    Options

Made it. Loved it. We used fresh mozzarella because that's what I had...but will make it with something melty next time. Ate it with broiled asparagus.

I don't know if there is a Trader Joe's near you, but they have a light shredded mozzarella that's only 45 calories per ounce and it melts great! Oh, and I brought leftovers to work for lunch and had it over some spaghetti squash and it was delicious.

• Ultima_Morpha
    Options
    Crispy and delicious oven fried wings. No added fat...and I didn't even eat sauce on mine. You can find the recipe on the Recipes thread in this group.

dqfpho6nl3xj.jpg
  • garber6th
    Options
    I tried a new recipe tonight - Spicy Ground Beef and Butternut Squash. SO tasty!q0xocn3fj9xb.jpg
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    y7e4ho43lvrl.jpg

Weight Watchers recipe for Maple Mustard Chicken. So good!!!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    The recipe for the chicken

2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp salt
    1-2 tsp cinnamon (half tsp)
    1 tsp ground black pepper

Put spice rub on chicken. Cook chicken at 500 degrees for about 15 mins until cooked through

Meanwhile in sauce pan combine

2 TB maple syrup
    1 TB butter
    1 TB Mustard (recipe calls for Dijon but I only had honey mustard)

Mix till combined. Brush sauce on chicken and cook for 5 mins

Brush chicken with sauce again and cook for 5 mins more
    Enjoy!
  • garber6th
    Options
    Ah, I guess it would help if I share the recipe too lol... I made a couple of small adjustments. I used extra lean (96%) ground beef, and I used 12 oz of squash instead of 16 oz. I got about 4 servings out of it, 232 calories, 9g carbs, 22g protein.

http://myheartbeets.com/spicy-ground-beef-and-butternut-squash/