What is your favorite healthy breakfast to start the day?

Options

Replies

• peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is a frittata made from quarter cup of chopped spinach, 1/2 chopped roma tomato, 1 egg, tbs parm cheese, tbs chopped green onions. In a little olive oil, saute the spinach, tomato and onion. Whip egg add a little garlic powder or seasoning of choice, pour over spinach mixture, sprinkle with cheese place under broiler until done.

My second favorite breakfast is a boiled egg (cold) sprinkled with Morton's Seasoning, 1/2 C of V-8 juice and a half of onion bagel w/butter.
  • blackeyedone
    blackeyedone Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not super healthy, but my low calorie for on-the-go are... Egg White Delight McMuffin (250 cal) from McDonald's or the turkey bacon and egg white sandwich (230 cal) from Starbucks
  • joannemonette1
    joannemonette1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I recently started enjoying Cheerios - with a little bit of honey drizzled and a little granola added. I grew up hating Cheerios -- with a passion (I couldn't even stand the smell of them) -- So I'm very, very surprised by my sudden ability to like them. Hubby got me started on them (the multi-grain version) -- and now I'm on the plain Cheerios with just a little bit of honey & some crunchy granola. What a difference it has made -- and so very low in calories (!!!).
  • jesseyboo
    jesseyboo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I literally had this everyday for about 8 months straight (and i never got tired of it so you know it must be yummy!!) 1 or 2 eggo waffles, 1 or 2 packs of instant oats wiith 1-2 tsp's of HONEY (it taste sooo good! i never thought i could find a replacement for sugar but this taste so much better) almond milk, some butter, and if you want, you could always sprinkle a little sugar on top. Some granola, fruit, usually bananas, with a teaspoon of peanut butter or nutella. I either cut the waffles up and put them on top of the oats before adding in the granola and fruit or i don't cut them. I also like to sprinkle some cinnamon on top and syrup. All of this comes to only around 300 calories if you don't go overboard.
  • chickiemaui
    chickiemaui Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I basically have 3 go-to breakfasts. Vanilla Greek Yogurt with Organic Dark Chocolate/Almond Granola, Poached Egg (over) Sprouted Grain Toast or Kefir with Ground Flax
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I love making a simple omelette we get the eggs from our ducks. I use one egg, two slices of deli turkey, a couple Tbsp. of cheese and you can toss in all types of veggies onions and bell peppers are my favorite. I also do overnight oats there are tons of variations you can do with that really all you need are the oats, some type of milk (almond, cashew, etc.) or yogurt then add in all types of fruit, some honey, nuts, chia seeds, coconut, anything really. Just mix the ingredients and leave them in the fridge overnight.
  • kdboss10
    kdboss10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like steel cut oats. I like to mix it with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and a half of a banana sliced. I t sounds kind of weird but it keep me full until lunch.
  • ashleegolding
    ashleegolding Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    2 egg, vegetable and bacon omelette! Yummy - healthy and fills me up until lunch time!
  • donnad1101
    donnad1101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal. I make a batch on the weekend that serves 5 and eat it all week. Easy to transport, easy to reheat. Added bonus - my cholesterol numbers are coming down.
  • jlcarter1975
    jlcarter1975 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I make low carb egg muffins by browing a pound of sausage, spoon into 12 spots on a muffin pan, whisk 8 eggs and pour into each cup. Bake 20 mins on 350. Half way through you can sprinkle some shredded cheese if you like. We freeze them & then reheat for 1 minute in the microwave.
  • lizardlipsagain
    lizardlipsagain Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I go in streaks when it comes to oatmeal, but when I do make it I just make the oatmeal with no salt and add a bit of jelly or jam instead of milk and brown sugar. It works for me. I haven't tried low cal jam yet but will be giving it a try.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I make low carb egg muffins by browing a pound of sausage, spoon into 12 spots on a muffin pan, whisk 8 eggs and pour into each cup. Bake 20 mins on 350. Half way through you can sprinkle some shredded cheese if you like. We freeze them & then reheat for 1 minute in the microwave.

Gonna try this, what a great and easy make ahead breakfast! Thanks for the share. :smiley:
  • tonkacrew3
    tonkacrew3 Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    One serving size of couscous cooked in veggie broth and two over medium eggs. Also...a "smoothie" made with a few handfuls of different fresh fruits found on sale and water, pulsed in a mini food processor. I guess it's more like flavored water....sometimes add almond milk or reg. milk if the fruit would taste good with it.
  • lisamschinella
    lisamschinella Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese with either chives and pepper or salsa. I love it.
  • marsano
    marsano Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Banana "pancakes" is my favorite: 1 egg beaten, 1 mashed banana, a sprinkle of baking powder, sprinkle some cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla. Mix together and pour onto a non-stick skillet flip when edges look dry. The best!
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    A half cup of almond milk and a half cup of oats with flax seeds, left in the fridge over night! I add blueberries and honey. :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    marsano wrote: »
    Banana "pancakes" is my favorite: 1 egg beaten, 1 mashed banana, a sprinkle of baking powder, sprinkle some cinnamon, 1/2 tsp vanilla. Mix together and pour onto a non-stick skillet flip when edges look dry. The best!
    @marsano
    I've tried several times and mine have not come out well. :# I see you added baking powder to yours... I haven't tried that.. bet that makes all the difference. I'll give that a try and see how I do. Glad you posted :smiley:
  • dlkeel
    dlkeel Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I love my Mason Jar Oats, just grab and go, also have a piece of fruit. Here are two of my favorites.

Cinnamon Bun Mason Jar Oats
    Servings2

Ingredients
    1/2 cup of old fashion oats

1 (5.3oz) Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt

1 scoop of Six Star Pro Nutrition Fit French Vanilla Lean Whey Protein

1/3 cup of fat free milk

1 tsp of Vanilla extract

2 tsp Truvia Natural sweetener brown sugar blend

1 tsp Truvia sweetener

1/2 tsp cinnamon

Cooking Instructions
    Mix all ingredients together and pour into 2 jelly size jars and store overnight in frig.

Brownie Mint Oats
    Servings2

Ingredients
    1/2 cup old fashion oats, uncooked

1/3 cup of milk, fat free

5.3 oz Dannon Greek Yogurt, light and fit vanilla

2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder

1/4 tsp of vanilla extract

1/8 tsp of mint extract

1 scoop of Six Star Elite Series Whey Isolate, Vanilla flavor

1/2 oz of pecans, chopped

Cooking Instructions

Mix all ingredients together and pour into 2 jelly size jars and store overnight in frig.
  • BrendaHaasch
    BrendaHaasch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of egg beaters with fresh peppers and onion and a greek yogurt and it fills me until lunch or sometimes later than that.
  • farhinajannat
    farhinajannat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    After reading above posts I am finding my breakfast fully different from all. u will find it strange. i take 1 cup of rice with any types of vegetable curry. It always take 300-350 calories. I don't like to take it as very much calories but i have to. :(