May 2016 Move Your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Greenway ride after work yesterday for 11.34 miles. DH had surgery today to repair a hernia. He is fine. I'm off work, but can't really leave him alone. :|

exercise.png
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Riding in a thunderstorm is not fun, there was super windy conditions, hail and the wet stuff. Another soggy chamois day. At least my MTB is great in these conditions.

05/15 - 14.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 9)
    05/16 - 01.0 miles walking (Giro Challenge Rest day)
    05/17 - 16.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 10)
    05/18 - 15.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 11)
    05/19 - 15.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 12)

Total: 222.0 miles

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Walked w/DH and Bean this morning then got on the recumbent then went to 1st grade...the school year is coming to an end soon.

05/19 - 6.00 miles
    05/19 - 12.25 bike miles

exercise.png

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Chris
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Playing catch up again. I have been working long hours getting ready for a go-live software change and it's just the tip of the iceberg. We switch over on June 2 and then it will really get crazy. Switching a manufacturing plant to all new software and changing the way you have done things for 30 years is huge. It will all be good but the next couple of months will be very hectic.

That being said I'm trying to keep up on miles. I'm finding if I don't get up and get it done in the morning before work it doesn't get done because I'm exhausted after work. I'm adding 19 miles to bring myself up to date.

exercise.png

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Long bike ride yesterday!
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be a downer, but I got to get this out. Eight years ago today I had to make the hardest decision of my life. In 1998 I rescued a beaten, under weight, abused Thoroughbred. I invested thousands healing his body, mind and spirit. For over 7 years he was a champion in the show ring, he was a school master, taught many youngsters how to jump and show horses for the first time. He made champions out of many riders in his 10 year career. Then there was an accident and he over stressed the right front hoof. Within 4 weeks it went from injury to fatal. He developed Laminitis if the foot, and it was spreading to his other feet. I had to make the decision to put him down. And on this day 8 years ago I said goodbye to my best friend. I miss him to this day. Horses have been my life for as long as I can remember. There will never be another like him so I had decided that he would be the last horse I would own. But I have 2 horses in my current stable....Frankenbike (MTB) and The Princess (road bike). Not as exciting as riding jumpers in a show, but I am content. This picture is the day before he was put down. We had won those ribbons just 2 months before.

05/15 - 14.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 9)
    05/16 - 01.0 miles walking (Giro Challenge Rest day)
    05/17 - 16.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 10)
    05/18 - 15.0 miles cycling (Giro Challenge Stage 11)

Total: 207.0 miles

exercise.png

smk249dvfsny.jpg

Love your photo. My sister had her first horse at 13. Soon to be,age 64, she has an 83 acre farm with lots of horses. I think it is in your blood. You never forget those dpecial four legged friends.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,953 Member
    Options
    5/19 8 miles

As of 5/19 164.25 of 200 miles

exercise.png

• clepant
    Options
    May 19: Ten more days of craziness. I will update my ticker tomorrow.
    12 miles today of walking and cycling
    TTD: 190.55 miles
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    15th: 6.5 miles purposeful walking - MTD 105.75
    16th: 5.3 miles purposeful walking, 1.7 m running, 4.4 m cycling - MTD 117.15
    17th: 4.65 miles purposeful walking, 4.6 m running - MTD 126.4
    18th: 2.3 miles purposeful walking, 1.7 m running - MTD 130.4
    19th: 3.2 miles purposeful walking 2.1 running - MTD 135.7

@clepant: I do hope you're feeling better, your symptoms sound awful. As you say: at what point does saving coppers increase the ultimate bill.
    @vhuber: that's a bodyblow - being intolerant of meds designed to make you better.
    @suferlandian: 38 hours! 38 hours!! I should think you were spent. I hope you had chance to catch up on some of that missing sleep.
    @kar328: well done on your 5k - that sub 30 mins can't be far away.
    @Just_Ceci: I love the butterfly bike, the bike zoo looks fun
    @anaconda469: he looks a beautiful horse, well done you for making his life happy and purposeful.
  • clepant
    Options

exercise.png

Here is my updated ticker from late last night.
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day. I have been struggling since my dad passed away last April, not really eating right and not taking care of myself as I should. I have been keeping up my walking when I could, but it was a chore, not really something I enjoyed. I would try to find pretty places to walk so at least I could enjoy the environment, but the walking was still a struggle some days. But yesterday, I was out on the bike path and I realized I was enjoying walking. I liked the way I felt, I found a challenging but comfortable pace and the cramps that kept trying to start up in my calves were something I could deal with, not an excuse to quit or just another reason I hated to walk. I was actually disappointed that I had to turn around and head back to the car so I could make it to work on time. I had almost forgotten what it was like to have fun walking, and I hope this continues.

Added 4.5 miles for a May total of 77.5 miles

exercise.png

• wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 4.69 miles

exercise.png
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Q new ttd 72.25 miles
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    5/11 to 5/19 - 32.4 miles walking
    Total to date - 67.79 of 124 miles
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    4.5 miles running today

exercise.png
    \
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

CONGRATS on hitting goal, @SUFFERLANDRIAN! :drinker:

Dave
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    oh man! I was just logging on to update the spreadsheet, DAve. You beat me to it - mostly because my computer was not playing nicely with MFP today... had been trying to get in periodically for the past 3 hours.
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    ... falling a little behind! Need a good run this weekend :) !

exercise.png
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I have been AwOl since the beginning of the month.. Have a bit of work to do to catch up but I accept the challenge.. The better weather is definitely helping..
    TTD 43.03
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,806 Member
    Options
    May 20
    31.8 miles
    554.27 miles MTD
This discussion has been closed.