• teaguefest
    teaguefest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'10" 190 lbs.
    Started 2 yrs ago at 220. Got down to 175 now back at 190
  • berbobio
    berbobio Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Greetings SYSK Army and thanks for starting this Chuck. I'm Chris. I'm 6'1" and as of this morning 243 lbs.
  • tawlguymat
    tawlguymat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm Matt. 6'2 and two months ago I was at 285 and today I'm 271(Most of it was water weight, I really friggen love good IPAs). Ideally I'm trying to get back to high school weight of 230, but definitely happy to aim for wedding weight of 250 first.

Just joined today and I'm pumped this community exists! Looking forward to it!
  • suzierberry
    suzierberry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    5'8, 244. Lost 60 pounds over the course of 2 years, quit smoking and gained 55 back. Would really like to start smoking again. Having trouble finding the mojo I had the first time. :/
  • Zabarian
    Zabarian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    James, 6', bounced to 200's, goal 180's so not big change. I logged everything I ate, tried to leave 500-1000 cal per day on table, used garmin Vivosmart to determine the Cal's I earned, 150 min of vigerious workout per week. Y'all can do it, here to be cheerleader. Goal is to kayak more. Eggs are good for filler, low cal feel full.
  • Tarantula920
    Tarantula920 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am struggling to get started. I am 5'6" and at 242lbs. I am big boned, my ideal is about 140-150. I have nearly 100lbs to lose. I am exhausted all the time so getting started is quite daunting.
  • m1664h
    m1664h Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'm Miguel, 24, 5"9. Currently at 234 I've already lost 15 pounds but I've been stuck here for a couple months. I need to really start being more active and just count my calories.
  • vasmire
    vasmire Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I'm chris
    I'm 5'10" 216lbs 37 years old
    After I hit 34 working out alone wasn't cutting it
    Fitness pal has really help me lose weight and watch my calorie intake
    I also have a bmr calculator app
    I've found my fitness pal's activity calculator can give you too many calories sometimes so here's a trick I found works
    Find a max calorie intake for workout days (naturally you'll be hungrier on workout days or like my wife the day after) those days you hit your max calories (+or- 50 or 100 calories)
    And the days you don't workout I try to eat 500 calories less
    It's helped a lot with weight gain/ loss and with cravings
    I found being too strict sets me up to fail
    Giving a SMALL amount of play in my calories can be affective and much easier
    I don't enter my activities on a daily basis either, to avoid over eating due to too much calorie gain from the app
  • helorn
    helorn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Justin. I'm 42 and my weight has creeped back up. In 2001 I was 265lbs and was able to loss the weight and was down to 185. Over the past few years the weight has added on. I'm now up to 243. My goal is to get under 180. I'm very active, I cycle 100+ miles a week and I'm sure if I did not ride I would be much heavier.
  • plentymech
    plentymech Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Paul and 6’ 1”. Since I’m English and used stones/lbs all my life but now live in Sydney so use KGs but posting here I’ve had to convert it all  and shocked that my current 109KGs is 17 stone 2lbs so 240lbs in total. Would love to get down to sub 200.
  • SuperMightyMichele
    SuperMightyMichele Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile: I'm Michele. I'm 5' 7" and started my weight loss journey in February of this year (2016) and have lost 53 lbs. as of today. When I began I weighed in at 259. That was a real bummer. As of this morning I am at 206 and hope to finally be below 200 within the next couple of weeks. My goal is to get back down to 130. Initially my weight loss was slow, but now that I walk 6 miles M-Th, 12 miles on Friday and hike 6-10 miles on Saturday - the weight loss has sped up significantly.
  • Cmazzeno90
    Cmazzeno90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At 6' I weigh 255 but I have goals of being a competitive strength athlete. I'm actually in the middle of a "bulk" hopefully I'm not ostracized in this group having dietary goals of gaining weight. Love the podcast.
  • EricHargett
    EricHargett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greetings my fellow curious people. My name is Eric. In 2008 I was 5' 10", 240 lbs, and was maintaining my pride by not giving in and buying sz 40 pants. My weight and waist have been yo-yoing ever since. I started using this app a year ago and been losing successfully since. Everyone knows the last 10-15 lbs are HARD. I'm hoping having folks to talk to will help me make it to my 170lb target and maintain it.
  • glenda2011
    glenda2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grad student and weight has creeped up to 220lbs! How did that happen? 5'4" and stuck in front of a computer all day. I would love to see 160lbs. Love Sysk!
  • bryan8pizza
    bryan8pizza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Bryan. I'm 5'8" and 206 pounds. My goal weight of 170 pounds, about 36 pounds away.
  • jenmalcolm
    jenmalcolm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Jen, I'm just under 5'2 and am 125lbs. Had a baby almost 8 months ago and am working on getting back to pre-pregnancy weight.

I was almost 160 a couple of years ago and lost 50 before getting pregnant. I did it once, I hope to do it again!
  • westcoastcora
    westcoastcora Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cora and I'm 5"2, and 27 years old, currently 118lbs but happiest between 110-115. Used to weigh 165lbs but hard work and healthy eating helped me get to, and stay down around 115lbs for 5+ years. Here to help, support and encourage all you magnificent SYSKers, and keep myself on track too!
  • issacsullivan
    issacsullivan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Huge SYSK fan and finally motivated by Chucks request. I'm not very overweight. Just 207 when 6'5". I only need to drop about 30 lbs. I've always lived in a"fat" mindset and have gone through a constant struggle. Every time. I discuss addiction, I always mention how food addiction is one of the hardest things that nobody talks about. It's impossible to go cold turkey on food so you're met with the near impossible task of moderation. I have a lot of love for SYSK and it transfers to the fans. I hope I can help myself while I help the group.
  • jessca494
    jessca494 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Jessica from London and am currently 60.5kg so nearly at my goal weight of 60 - but so unfit! My next goal is to include exercise and tone up! I lost 16.6kg so far with Paleo which I actually discovered from the SYSK podcast how the Paleo diet works haha! Thanks Chuck!
  • les1077
    les1077 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Les, 5'6", 191-193. One year & 2 months ago I was 165 and a competitive skater. An injury put me on solid ground permanently, and gave me an additional 30-35# for my trouble. I was given full activity clearance (sans wheels) in October, and since then I've started running & dancing again, about 6-10 miles & 2-3 hours of tap per week. I get my 10k steps daily & lift weights three-four days a week. I don't know that I have a weight goal, just taking it as I can and making good choices....

Most of the time