What's everyone currently playing?

Options

Replies

• rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    It's going to be broken up into multiple 65.00 games. So basically the first one is going to be from the start until probably you leaving midgar and the next would go from there, they're going to be padding the story of course but they said they may make changes that they wanted to do since the first hit. They've put the creators of Final Fantasy and FF7 in charge of the project. This is going to probably backfire and shows that Square, like all game companies, has lost touch with their roots.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    rowlandsw wrote: »
    It's going to be broken up into multiple 65.00 games. So basically the first one is going to be from the start until probably you leaving midgar and the next would go from there, they're going to be padding the story of course but they said they may make changes that they wanted to do since the first hit. They've put the creators of Final Fantasy and FF7 in charge of the project. This is going to probably backfire and shows that Square, like all game companies, has lost touch with their roots.

i agree, it can definitely turn out bad, but honestly, I wouldn't want a straight remake. that would make me feel more like they're just trying to cash in on the FF7 craze. I've played through FF7 enough that I don't need the exact same thing again, and having more to it could be pretty awesome. I'm cautiously hopeful, but at the same time I'm not getting invested in it at all. If it turns out to be complete trash, I still have the original FF7 if i really wanted to see that content again.

I think the same thing can be seen through media in general. with more money on the line it seems less and less that people want to take risks. Companies will happily dish out sequels and remakes instead of risking a new IP because sticking with what is known pretty much guarantees a certain amount of return. It's sad, but there are still people doing good stuff out there.
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    Yeah I back some on kickstarter, I missed out on backing the games by the creator of Megaman (even though i preordered it for ps4) and Castlevania since Capcom and Konami gave them the boot.
  • jamielikesyou
    jamielikesyou Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online before the Vet ranks get dissappeared and a lil bit of Don't Starve.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online before the Vet ranks get dissappeared and a lil bit of Don't Starve.

I never even made it to Vet. I started with my fiance and his friend. We had so much fun together. Then they went back to Halo and left me all alone. I can't ever get them to play anymore. I'm so sad, I miss my Orc Uughh.
  • jamielikesyou
    jamielikesyou Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I never even made it to Vet. I started with my fiance and his friend. We had so much fun together. Then they went back to Halo and left me all alone. I can't ever get them to play anymore. I'm so sad, I miss my Orc Uughh.

Too bad you missed out on the 2year anniversary XP bonus :( I went from vet rank 8 to 16 without breaking a sweat. Maybe your fiance will be back when Dark Brotherhood dlc launches?
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been playing Black Desert Online - seriously, that game has been consuming all my time. I'm on Orwen server if anyone wants to join; could always use more people to game with.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    Options
    I've been playing Black Desert Online - seriously, that game has been consuming all my time. I'm on Orwen server if anyone wants to join; could always use more people to game with.

is that game really worth playing? i was convinced to buy it by a friend, who pretty quickly bailed on me so i didn't get much chance to play. i also have a terrible problem with not wanting to read any story in an MMO so I skipped all the tutorial business and i'm just left thoroughly confused about everything from the combat to those node things, and everything in between. whenever i hear people talk about the game, they seem into it, but if i wanted to give it another go i need to spend some time reading up on how to play. haha.
  • x_Minerva_x
    x_Minerva_x Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's more fun with a group of people. There are so many things to do it's not even funny (horse breeding, crafting, trading, fishing, sailing around, pvp, etc....)

Also, even if you read the tutorial, there is so much you'll end up having questions about regardless, but once you learn it the game is really fun. We're still waiting on node wars and such to be implemented, but we had the first major update (Mediah,) and the new class (it's pretty fun.)
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    I gave up on Destiny as there is literally nobody on my list to game with and after deleting it i'm too lazy for the 2 hours of install. I've just restarted Wolfenstein: new order. I forgot the sex scenes and had the audio cranked up lol
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Finally playing The Division. Trying to get to 30 so I can play Incursion missions with my husband.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    Options
    Overwatch beta and paragon beta in the same weekend. Stop it, video games! I can't do both at the same time. Not with a preexisting addiction to smite, too.
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    So after I finished The Witcher 3, I've now started to play Fallout 4 more seriously and what do you know? I don't suck as much as I thought.
  • _HunterKiller_
    _HunterKiller_ Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Addicted to Skyrim and Battlefield 4
  • rowlandsw
    Options
    Working on fallout 4 again to get the last of the achievements i need for picking sides, then back to my level 93 character to do the achievements for the last 2 add ons before i get to the new DLC. Hoping someone comes with a fast playthru for the survival mode like in the last 2 games so i can get it done fast.
  • cccoursey
    cccoursey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Currently playing bouts of Diablo 3 and Battleborn with hours and days lost in Fallout 4.
  • MSJourneylog
    MSJourneylog Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm playing tons of Hearthstone, Cataclysm DDA and Factorio!
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Downloaded Overwatch on PC last night and played the tutorial/bot games, but also just got the American McGee's Alice games on my PS3. I'm playing the 2nd one now and am really enjoying it so far!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Uncharted 4! Absolutely amazing so far.
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm doing another play through of Dragon Age:Inquisition. After that's done I'm thinking about playing Witcher 3 (finally).