2016 MFP Grand Tour Challenge - Vuelta Now Up and Rolling...

Options

Replies

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    OKAY GUYS - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - TDF SIGNUPS ARE NOW OPEN

GET YOUR NAME DOWN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE - WE'RE LOOKING TO GET THE WHOLE TOUR COMPLETELY AUTOMATED WITH RESPECT TO LOGGING, AND IT TAKES A LITTLE MORE WORK BEHIND THE SCENES, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE NOT CURRENTLY A MEMBER ON JASON'S FABULOUS CYCLEAGUES WEBSITE.

I'll start.

TheBigYin.

Anyone else ???
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm in! Should've shaken my #manflu by then! ;-)
  • BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Can I take part again please.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join and as a new rider I'm likely going to hit 100 km per week.
  • Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I had planned on doing 100 miles a day for 10 days during this but having got this in already last week the mileage will be a little more sensible, but so you can plan the teams here is my plan:

Imperials+ will be saved for days off (I have three day weekends during this tour with Fridays off) and may well be getting in the odd metric during the week BUT I will not be riding every day of the tour so the mileage will be high but not the same as last year in the interest of good training but not relentless to avoid injury etc, additional rest days are likely to be Thursday.

• narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Pick me! Pick me! Please!
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sign me up, please! Sign up the husband as well (BamaBoyScout aka Andrew Baldes), please.

I will probably not be hitting my goal of 100km per week, alas, but I'll try my best to get close!

Husband is currently working on a minor injury but we expect him to be back to normal crazy miles before the Tour starts.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Yep I'm in! Should've shaken my #manflu by then! ;-)
    BigG59 wrote: »
    Can I take part again please.
    narak_lol wrote: »
    Pick me! Pick me! Please!
    Sign me up, please! Sign up the husband as well (BamaBoyScout aka Andrew Baldes), please.

I will probably not be hitting my goal of 100km per week, alas, but I'll try my best to get close!

Husband is currently working on a minor injury but we expect him to be back to normal crazy miles before the Tour starts.

Sorted
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    Jakess1971 wrote: »
    I'm in, I had planned on doing 100 miles a day for 10 days during this but having got this in already last week the mileage will be a little more sensible, but so you can plan the teams here is my plan:

Imperials+ will be saved for days off (I have three day weekends during this tour with Fridays off) and may well be getting in the odd metric during the week BUT I will not be riding every day of the tour so the mileage will be high but not the same as last year in the interest of good training but not relentless to avoid injury etc, additional rest days are likely to be Thursday.

That's cool Jas, If it's okay, I'm going to move you over to Team Lotta Jumbo to help balance things up - swap you for one of the no-show's that they had, and the balance of things should improve a bit...
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    I'm in

Glad to hear it - you're usual table - #303 isn't it... ;)
  • TheBigYin
    Options

Cool - as a new rider, we'll need your Strava Athlete URL, and if you're not already a member of the CycLeagues app, you'll need to sign up there - drop the Strava URL in here, and we'll take it from there...

• Jakess1971
    Jakess1971 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »

That's cool Jas, If it's okay, I'm going to move you over to Team Lotta Jumbo to help balance things up - swap you for one of the no-show's that they had, and the balance of things should improve a bit...

Sounds like a good idea.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I'm in!

yay :)
  • TheBigYin
    Options
    that's 9 and a possible so far - one team completed (no, I'm not just filling up the slots first-come, first served, in case anyone asks! - it'll be much the same as the Giro, apart from one (or maybe 2) transfers out of Pastana towards Lotto Jumbo - assuming much the same members sign up - if we get lots of newcomers, then it might get a trifle messy...)

• ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »

Cool - as a new rider, we'll need your Strava Athlete URL, and if you're not already a member of the CycLeagues app, you'll need to sign up there - drop the Strava URL in here, and we'll take it from there...

Here you go.
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/1463653
  • hawkeyegal1995
    hawkeyegal1995 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm in. No clue on KMs per week with work. I should have RAGBRAI the last week of July if I can get myself to care about this route!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,197 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I can't ride weekends, but I'll put in about 150km/wk during the week.