Replies

• gaylebodine
    gaylebodine Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    5/07/16: 183.8 (yikes)
    5/15/16: 185
    5/22/16: 183.7
    5/29/16: 183.5
    Slow but sure is moving me in the right direction, incrementally, at least.
  • gmabethof3
    gmabethof3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

We all know from experience how hard it is to lose weight.When I broke my ankle they didn't give me a boot but I had to use a walker and hop around on one foot.Only good thing about that was I did lose weight.My husband would bring me my meals,therefore I wasn't eating as much.Of course,once I had the freedom to do what I wanted,I guess that was to do no exercise and eat.I always tell myself,and others,I will never gain the weight back again.Now I know I will never make that statement again.
    I am the queen of start overs but am grateful I'm given days to start over.
    Take care of yourself and remind yourself that you were given a new day to start over .

Hi merrygrannie, Yes I am looking at this as being able to start over, and I know I will get that chance soon. Ankle is ok, the reason for this boot is because I fractured my leg at the same time...UGH!!!
    .. It is healing and I am hopping around, trying not to put too much weight on the leg.

Now that it is getting hot this boot is more uncomfortable, but I keep telling myself that it needs to stay on.. believe me, I would love to take this off.

You have a good day, and I will talk to you again soon. :)
  • merrygrannie
    merrygrannie Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I don't know why I have to be so addicted to food.The sad truth is between the family reunion and the cookouts I've gained back what I lost last week.Using my starting over pass.
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Fri. May 20-204.0
    Fri. May27-199.5
    Fri. June 3-201.5
  • gmabethof3
    edited June 2016
    Options
    May 6 Challenge

May 6 - 182.6
    May 13 - 184.0 (UGH)
    May 20 - 184.6
    May 27 - 186.0 (Double UGH!)
    June 3 - 186.6 (triple ugh)

Hello ladies, getting around but not able to exercise, I have been working on eating right in hopes that it helps, but I guess I just need to accept the fact that I will not loose much if I can't do more exercise.. Two more weeks and hopefully this gets off, and I can do a little more. Got my fingers crossed.... :)
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    May 20th: 170.5
    May 28th: 169.5
    June 4th: 171

Just not good even though I was. Sigh. Got to get more regimented about this again,

Hang in there Beth, you will soon be back to your old stuff. It must be very tiring to be laid up for so long.

And Mary, don't give up. Yes, it is about our relationship with food. But it is also about our relationships and celebrations.

I am off to visit with others for 2 days. So I too will have challenges this week.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    6/05/16: 183.7
    Must admit that I am wandering from the path. Mostly picking flowers and meandering around the forest. Need to remember why I started on this path and where I want to go. Hey, there's a bunny!
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    I had a TERRIBLE day today!!! I didn't cook any meals at home and ate out at fast food restaurants for 2 meals.We went and visited with the grandchildren today and although I enjoyed every moment of it I got waaaay off track.They will be coming here tomorrow for a few days .I may have to cut back on my calorie intake for a couple of days .
    .I also need to remind myself the reason I want to lose weight.
    My goal is to exercise 3 times this week.
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    On reflection of my terrible day I'm almost glad I had a bad day.It reminded me of the way I use to eat.I can see how many calories I actually consumed while eating like that for several years.It was a ah ha moment.
    I didn't want to log in yesterday but knew I needed to for accountability.I had no idea it was that bad.I'm going to have to really try harder to get healthier.
    I hope everyone has a good week.
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    A bit late checking in .. or maybe I am early this week! Last Thursday DH and I drove out to Indiana to visit older son. Almost 12 hours driving each way - no chance for much exercise. I did find a folkdance group at Indiana University and joined them Friday night. DH and I walked around the neighborhoods on Sat and Sun - hilly enough to feel a bit like the treadmill. There is a wonderful choice of restaurants in the college town. We had a Afghanistan lunch buffet, Korean late dinner, Turkish dinner and Provencal French lunch where there isn't a menu and you eat what they give you - just like home! Anyway, I left at 133 and came back at 133.8 - and I felt lucky at that.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Glad you had a good visit Pam. And it sounds yummy.

Mary, I appreciate what you say about logging. It does keep a reality check going. I have achieved one goal I set. I keep wandering away from MFP when I give up on dieting. I have logged on faithfully. Now to log faithfully.
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    May 6 Challenge

May 6 - 182.6
    May 13 - 184.0 (UGH)
    May 20 - 184.6
    May 27 - 186.0
    June 3 - 186.6
    June 12 0 188.0

Good Morning Ladies, Still not doing that good on the diet, but hope things change soon. I go to docs Monday in hopes that I get to take this boot off, and use my leg more. Keep fingers crossed!!!!!! :)
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Fri. May 20-204.0
    Fri. May27-199.5
    Fri. June 3-201.5
    Fri. June 10-205
  • gmabethof3
    Options
    May 6 Challenge

May 6 -18.6
    May 13 - 184.0
    May 20 - 184.6
    May 27 - 186.0
    June 3 - 186.6
    June 12 - 188.0
    June 17 - 186.4

Finally a loss....Not much but I will take it.. Boot is staying of. I am only suppose to be on my ankle/leg a few hours a day (not all at one time). Been doing different upper body exercises, the only walking is a few minutes at a time to help strengthen my leg. Leg is more stiff then sore, which is good. Finally making progress.. YEA!!!!!!!!! :):D;)
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    Fri. May 20-204.0
    Fri. May27-199.5
    Fri. June 3-201.5
    Fri. June 10-205
    Fri.June 17-205.5
  • merrygrannie
    Options
    gmabethof3 wrote: »
    May 6 Challenge

May 6 -18.6
    May 13 - 184.0
    May 20 - 184.6
    May 27 - 186.0
    June 3 - 186.6
    June 12 - 188.0
    June 17 - 186.4

Finally a loss....Not much but I will take it.. Boot is staying of. I am only suppose to be on my ankle/leg a few hours a day (not all at one time). Been doing different upper body exercises, the only walking is a few minutes at a time to help strengthen my leg. Leg is more stiff then sore, which is good. Finally making progress.. YEA!!!!!!!!! :):D;)

Great job on your weight loss..It won't be too much longer and you'll be back to doing whatever you want and feeling good again.
  • MapDancer
    MapDancer Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    June 17 - 132.0.
    My maintenance range (130-134) streak is 400 days now.
    Years ago I had a t-shirt quilt made with my too small (size medium) shirts. They did a beautiful job.
    Now I can wear medium t-shirts again.
    But I have a drawer full of L and XL t-shirts, more than I can ever wear for sloppy. I'm thinking of a 550 day/1.5 years reward.
  • dasher602014
    Options
    Pam, I think a 550 celebration is a great idea! Congrats to you for keeping the weight off for so long. 400 days is awesome.

I am losing control at the moment. I have a medication that is necessary but bothering my 'being' so I am adjusting. Another 10 days.

I am also visiting with friends which of course makes controlling diet more difficult.

Not gained, not lost. Still trucking along.

Glad to hear your leg is recovering, Beth. You will leave us in your dust!
  • gaylebodine
    edited June 2016
    Options
    6/05/16: 183.7
    missed a check in
    6/19/16: 185.4
    Just reset my check-in weight. I've gone from 50 pounds lost (last July) to 33 pounds lost but need to acknowledge myself for 33 which is still an accomplishment. Have not been feeling well and not moving as much as I should. However, I turn 65 on 7/7 and will have silver sneakers which I intend to take advantage of! An exercise routine will help I know. Also have come to terms, for the most part, that having a food plan has to be for life. My illusion of losing the weight and then being a non-dieter was a fantasy. Will have to watch what I eat and keep moving for the rest of my life unless I want to look like Jabba the Hut.
  • gaylebodine
    Options
    So glad to see you all still getting on with this!