Ketogenic Diets - Pros & Cons (2015 article)

Options
2»

Replies

• annalisbeth74
    annalisbeth74 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    So the moral of this article is, cake or death?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Yeah, they all died. :)

Did you look at the causes of death in the cited studies? Here's one of them:

10 deaths at follow-up; 7 from children still on keto diet:
    o 2 died of pneumonia
    o 2 died from epilepsy
    o 1 fell from height
    o 2 not disclosed

Bwahahahaha! I started laughing so loud that startled my family. I had to read all of this to my husband and boys.... They had a good laugh too. ;)

I do wish keto mom had not used a medically prescribed classical ketogenic diet for this article. She really was not clear that it was not your usual ketogenic diet. I know many people who read her stuff, and that was quite misleading.

The chart was very wrong for me too. Even the low platelet count was problem for me 20+ years ago. And the high lipid panel? I don't know.... She seemed to intentionaly mislead or she was using dated information. I didn't look at her sources so I guess I should do that.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    So the moral of this article is, cake or death?

Wait a minute... If I choose death, you're going to make me eat cake anyhow. Shenanigans!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Pro: Death
    Con: Cake
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    I say, drink when you're thirsty, don't try to force down a certain amount of water like it's your job, salt all your food

Our bodies also tend to need more of some essential nutrients as we fossilize (such as Vitamin D), so we'd be doing ourselves an extra-large favor by getting an age-appropriate dose of the right supplements.

LOL!!!!!!!