Things I hate on LCHF

Options
RowdysLady
RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
The list is short:

BPC with coffee grounds in it. I bet every third pot the filter folds over and I drink grounds. I try so hard every morning to get the filter perfect in there alas...I drink grounds 33% of the time. Whyforhowcome, I ask, whyforhowcome? I never drank coffee before this WOE. I may have to switch to tea...or hint around for a Keurig :smile:

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    The list is short:

BPC with coffee grounds in it. I bet every third pot the filter folds over and I drink grounds. I try so hard every morning to get the filter perfect in there alas...I drink grounds 33% of the time. Whyforhowcome, I ask, whyforhowcome? I never drank coffee before this WOE. I may have to switch to tea...or hint around for a Keurig :smile:

I know those feels. My pot is a cheap POS. But it works, so I have a mini-sieve and use it in my mug when I pour.
    Mouth fulla grounds = no bueno. :confounded:
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Things I hate about LCHF:

No ice cream.
    Very limited alcohol, particularly beer, hard cider and vodka with cranberry juice (only have a very occasional glass of wine)
    Limited fruit.
    No French fries.
  • AmyWininger
    AmyWininger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thing I ate on LCHF:

I miss fruit!
    Also being in college it's really difficult to stay on track while everyone around you is ordering pizza, takeout, etc. So it's a bit of a bummer trying to stay social whenever they have parties or something. Oh, and when we do go out, I'll order something KETO friendly, like a burger, bunless, with cheese and bacon, no fries, and they either laugh at me or call it unhealthy. So, that can be kind of annoying, and makes me feel self-conscious, even though I know for me it's healthy.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Thing I ate on LCHF:

I miss fruit!
    Also being in college it's really difficult to stay on track while everyone around you is ordering pizza, takeout, etc. So it's a bit of a bummer trying to stay social whenever they have parties or something. Oh, and when we do go out, I'll order something KETO friendly, like a burger, bunless, with cheese and bacon, no fries, and they either laugh at me or call it unhealthy. So, that can be kind of annoying, and makes me feel self-conscious, even though I know for me it's healthy.

Things like that generally make me want to start throwing sources and studies at people, but that tends to ruin a night out.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I miss beer... Also agree about the salt thing! It takes a huge change in the way you think to eat more salt. Funny I didn't think twice before about killing a whole bag of chips, lol!! Easy to get sodium eating junk!
  • saltysailors
    saltysailors Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Things I hate about LCHF:

Having to work so hard to get enough salt
    Trying to find a way to eat at social gatherings without people saying something or trying to tell me how wrong this WOE is.....
    Not being able to have ice cream or fruit, especially when it's 112 degrees outside!
    No alcohol, especially Wine and no carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    - no beer
    - no cinnamon buns with cream cheese icing
    - no yogurt with fruit (haven't found one low enough in carbs yet)
    - hormonal changes
    - bathroom issues
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I bought salt pills. 1g of salt in pill form. Take 2 with my vitamins... solves the whole issue.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My daughter made these awesome keto cake pops. Don't miss cake anymore. I do however miss yogurt parfaits. Love yogurt and fruit with a little granola.

Gotta say that I am no longer craving carbs... miss them on occasion.... but don't crave them at all.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    I bought salt pills. 1g of salt in pill form. Take 2 with my vitamins... solves the whole issue.

are your pills 1g of salt? or 1g of sodium? I make my own salt pills that are like 4g of salt, but it's still only 1/10 of the sodium I need to supplement per day :/
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Things I hate on LCHF: Nothing! :)

Well, maybe I hate the way I'm acutely aware of how bad all those other things are for me now that I'm not consuming them on a daily basis. Ignorance may have been bliss, but I felt horrible every single day.

Regarding coffee grounds, that happens frequently at work, but it's always when people 1) don't make sure the coffee all makes it into the filter, 2) don't ensure the filter has not fallen into the center before starting it, or 3) remove the carafe while it's brewing and the basket fills up with water above the top of the filter. I very rarely have that problem at home. Well, it never happens now, but I use a French press or Aeropress now. I used a drip coffee maker for years and probably ended up with grounds in my coffee a dozen times. It happens. And it's gross, I agree!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I don't hate anything about LC or LCHF, although I do miss feigning ignorance lol If that makes sense. Now that I know that this woe is the best way for me to eat due to my lower sugar levels, weight loss and overall better feeling, then I can't deceive myself into eating stuff that i know is not good for me.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thing I ate on LCHF:

I miss fruit!

Eat the toppings, or order wings (bone in, the boneless ones are breaded). As an added bonus, you can watch their jaws drop when you polish off a double order of wings despite being "on a diet." ;)

Also, just laugh back at them and say you'd rather be eating all these wonderful, delicious, "unhealthy" things and watch your health improve, than be miserable to see the scale maybe go down along with your health. :)
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Things I hate on LCHF:

-Drinking hardly any beer
    -Having to think so much about salt
    -Eating so few fruits

That's about it.

I miss the idea of fruit but don't eating it.