Things I hate on LCHF

Options

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    My daughter made these awesome keto cake pops. Don't miss cake anymore. I do however miss yogurt parfaits. Love yogurt and fruit with a little granola.

Gotta say that I am no longer craving carbs... miss them on occasion.... but don't crave them at all.

I stopped craving too. Miss some things on occasion.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Vowder wrote: »
    I bought salt pills. 1g of salt in pill form. Take 2 with my vitamins... solves the whole issue.

are your pills 1g of salt? or 1g of sodium? I make my own salt pills that are like 4g of salt, but it's still only 1/10 of the sodium I need to supplement per day :/

NACL isn't that salt?

• gypsy8080
    gypsy8080 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Working with people who celebrate something every other day and buy a cake or doughnuts for every celebration.

Hearing "Why don't you want any? Are you on a diet?" every time I won't eat the cake. Like I'm an alien.

Missing crunchy foods. I don't like pork rinds all that much, and I really don't like anything made from flax seeds, and I'm trying to avoid nuts. Doesn't leave me much.

Missing beans.

Watching my mother, who's never weighed more than 120 pounds in her life at 5'8", eating everything she wants without worry. Why did I have to get everything from my father?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    kmn118 wrote: »
    @nvmomketo "I miss ignorance too... Even if I wanted to eat high carb treats, I can;t because I know what it does to me and the junk that is in it. Yes jelly bellies, I am talking to you."

I was going to cheat with ice cream on Saturday, but the Custard Cabin closed early and we ended up at the grocery store. I read about 15 cartons of delicious sounding flavors and decided that I have worked too hard to do that to myself.

@gypsy8080 I was very pleasantly surprised that when i roasted some brussel sprouts yesterday, the stray outer leaves that turned almost black had the salty crunch of a chip!! OH YEAH! Gonna do that again soon.

Good for you!! :)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I miss quinoa, brown basmati, fruit (I live in a major fruit belt and miss peaches, nectarines and cherries the most) and blue corn tortilla chips. Not craving so much as missing their lovely flavour. Pork rinds DO NOT CUT IT as chip replacements. And kale chips are too time consuming and expensive to make, as I can eat pounds of kale in a single sitting. Which is probably too many carbs anyhow, lol.
    Unfortunately I do not have any health issues related to eating these foods, except a bit of possible weight gain (but not even to the overweight category) which I am trying to avoid as I go through menopause. It would be easier if I puked up, or my hair fell out, or I had an asthma attack when I eat them, lol.
  • artfulwench
    artfulwench Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For the folks missing ice cream, if you're in the US, I've heard that Halo Top is fantastic.
    http://www.halotop.com/

Unfortunately I'm in Canada and can only dream about it. :/
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    What I hate is how many carbs seem to be in everything.
    Every meal in any restaurant has enough carbs for a week.
    A handful of chip has hundreds.
    An order of fries has thousands.
    Arrrggghhhh.
    (Rant for the day. )
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Once you learn what to look out for, you can't unlearn it, and the sheer volume of things best avoided is astounding.

My former favorite "low-carb" meal was a large order of meatballs from Wawa. Then you discover that they somehow managed to shove 30+ grams of carbs into six meatballs. How the hell is that even possible?

My first job was at Taco Bell in the 1970s.. Those Wawa balls are practically paleo fare compared to the buckets of oat-laden orange sawdust we seasoned with stingy pinches of cheap hamburger and cheese-like imitation food to make taco "meat." Conscientious diners could order the Tang-colored glop without the taco shell or burrito for a "lo-cal snack."
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Jesus, dude. I mean, I know Taco Bell has always roughly translated to Caveat Emptor, but I didn't realize it was quite that bad.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    For the folks missing ice cream, if you're in the US, I've heard that Halo Top is fantastic.

@artfulwench - I've heard it's overrated and not creamy at all as it's low fat, low cal, and sugar free, etc. I've heard it isn't worth the money, just FYI...
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Once you learn what to look out for, you can't unlearn it, and the sheer volume of things best avoided is astounding.

My former favorite "low-carb" meal was a large order of meatballs from Wawa. Then you discover that they somehow managed to shove 30+ grams of carbs into six meatballs. How the hell is that even possible?

My first job was at Taco Bell in the 1970s.. Those Wawa balls are practically paleo fare compared to the buckets of oat-laden orange sawdust we seasoned with stingy pinches of cheap hamburger and cheese-like imitation food to make taco "meat." Conscientious diners could order the Tang-colored glop without the taco shell or burrito for a "lo-cal snack."

Oh wow, that's disgusting...no wonder home made tacos are fine but taco bell tacos are not to be eaten on a road trip (for many reasons).
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@artfulwench - I've heard it's overrated and not creamy at all as it's low fat, low cal, and sugar free, etc. I've heard it isn't worth the money, just FYI...

It's really good! The trick is letting it rest on the counter for a few minutes. It doesn't have the emulsifiers that are added to most ice creams so it's not creamy right out of the carton. If you let it sit and soften a few minutes the texture changes to that of "real" ice cream. I like the birthday cake best. The vanilla is good too and I don't even like vanilla. The chocolate I didn't care much for. I can't get the rest of the flavors where I live so no review on those. I'm dying to try the lemon cake.

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    Things I hate on LCHF:

-Drinking hardly any beer
    -Having to think so much about salt
    -Eating so few fruits

That's about it.

Man, speaking of salt, I think I'll have some Wild Bill's jerky today. I swear, it's the only common jerky around here that isn't loaded with sugar. Seriously, *kitten* Jack Links and every other corp who think that beef needs sweetened.

I hear you on the jerky. I need to make my own.