Options

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    RowdysLady wrote: »
    The list is short:

BPC with coffee grounds in it. I bet every third pot the filter folds over and I drink grounds. I try so hard every morning to get the filter perfect in there alas...I drink grounds 33% of the time. Whyforhowcome, I ask, whyforhowcome? I never drank coffee before this WOE. I may have to switch to tea...or hint around for a Keurig :smile:

I didn't you had to drink coffee to be on a low carb diet? The last time I drank coffee ~ was in the 1960's....

Who told you to drink coffee on this diet?

Dan the Man from Michigan

LOL you are correct; no one told me I had to drink BPC or tea. I tried BPC because I wanted some quick and easy ways to get breakfast in the mornings. It worked and I loved it and it keeps me full for hours and hours. It's such an easy, filling, and fat filled breakfast!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    The list is short:

BPC with coffee grounds in it. I bet every third pot the filter folds over and I drink grounds. I try so hard every morning to get the filter perfect in there alas...I drink grounds 33% of the time. Whyforhowcome, I ask, whyforhowcome? I never drank coffee before this WOE. I may have to switch to tea...or hint around for a Keurig :smile:

I didn't you had to drink coffee to be on a low carb diet? The last time I drank coffee ~ was in the 1960's....

Who told you to drink coffee on this diet?

Dan the Man from Michigan

LOL you are correct; no one told me I had to drink BPC or tea. I tried BPC because I wanted some quick and easy ways to get breakfast in the mornings. It worked and I loved it and it keeps me full for hours and hours. It's such an easy, filling, and fat filled breakfast!

That was pretty much why I picked it up. I was honestly having SERIOUS problems getting my fat intake up before I found the site that I use for recipes. Even really fatty steaks don't cut it, when you actually look at the macro ratios.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I miss pizza. REAL pizza with a fluffy, white flour crust. Yes, I know, theoretically I can eat just the toppings. But I guarantee if you put a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza in front of me, I could not eat JUST the toppings.

I've seen a couple of keto pizza recipes with eggs or even meat as the "crust." Has anyone tried them?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    I miss pizza. REAL pizza with a fluffy, white flour crust. Yes, I know, theoretically I can eat just the toppings. But I guarantee if you put a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza in front of me, I could not eat JUST the toppings.

I've seen a couple of keto pizza recipes with eggs or even meat as the "crust." Has anyone tried them?

Meatza is amazing (chicken breast crust ftw). I haven't tried a keto crust pizza yet, but that's on my to-do list, when I go grocery shopping later this week.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options

Meatza is amazing (chicken breast crust ftw). I haven't tried a keto crust pizza yet, but that's on my to-do list, when I go grocery shopping later this week.

I make Fathead Pizza at least 3x a month: http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/

You can roll it out really thin with a pin (or wine bottle) and it gets super crispy.

It is basically cheese, almond flour, and an egg.

Top with a low sugar tomato sauce and toppings of your choice.

It is really rich so I find that I am satisfied with half the recipe. I share with my boyfriend.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options

I make Fathead Pizza at least 3x a month: http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/04/23/fat-head-pizza/

You can roll it out really thin with a pin (or wine bottle) and it gets super crispy.

It is basically cheese, almond flour, and an egg.

Top with a low sugar tomato sauce and toppings of your choice.

It is really rich so I find that I am satisfied with half the recipe. I share with my boyfriend.

I could definitely see making that work with just half of it.

This is one that I want to try: http://www.ruled.me/5-minute-keto-pizza/
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder @Gallowmere1984 I really love that website and I had purchased psyllium husk a while back but never got around to using it.

• Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Yeah, he uses the hell out of it, and I'm going to be interested to see how it goes. I have tried six recipes from his site so far, and they have all been stellar, without exception.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thanks @samanthaluangphixay and @Gallowmere1984, I think you just saved my life. :p
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

@MyrilStorm - the last time I went to PH for the buffet, I made myself try a bite of the bottom crust and the edge crust. It was tasteless. Completely. I find most bread to be the same. But I've had the FatHead crust, which even my non-low-carb-friendly guy liked - and I've made a caulicrust which was AWFUL. Not edible hot, barely tolerable cold.

My favorite thing, though, is to just use Italian blend shredded cheese, dot with tomato sauce/dice, Italian herbs, garlic salt, and hamburger/pepperoni/both, then bake/broil until bubbly. Top with parmesan to taste. It is my ALLTIME FAVORITE...

I've thought about the Meatza, but it's just a variation on the above one I love, with it parceled out. If you cook and cool the cheese enough, it holds up like a crust - and it's awesome cold, too, just like the real thing! LOL
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    The things I hate about LCHF aren't really so much about LCHF as reactions to it.

I hate ordering an iced coffee plain with ONLY coffee and cream and getting a syrupy sugar fest. Then when I take it back they can't wrap their heads around no sweeteners...at all. This usually happens at McDonald's and sometimes Starbucks. Dunkin always has my back! :) lol

I have Celiac and have been without gluten for probably 7 years. How am I alive? lol

Not really a hate but it super amuses me when people are eating junk like donuts or store bought cakes and apologize to me because I can't eat it. I don't think they can believe that I really don't want it.

As for the coffee at McD's & Timmie's.... Ask for NO BASE, just cream when ordering. '$1.00 Drink Days' all summer long at McD's - bwahahaha, FORGET Starbucks, McD's coffee tastes better anyhow.

I think it's funny when people feel sorry for me that I can't eat donuts or cake too. I never ate them before I was dx'd mainly because I'd rather eat something savoury.
    I will have proper handmade gelato a couple times in the summer and just suck it up about carbs, but for me any other ice cream is gross due to yucky texture & lack of flavour.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Starbucks coffee is awful. I think most people just don't realize it, because they don't go to Starbucks for the coffee. They go for the crap that the coffee is diluted with.

I also hate starbucks coffee. Yuck!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@MyrilStorm - the last time I went to PH for the buffet, I made myself try a bite of the bottom crust and the edge crust. It was tasteless. Completely. I find most bread to be the same. But I've had the FatHead crust, which even my non-low-carb-friendly guy liked - and I've made a caulicrust which was AWFUL. Not edible hot, barely tolerable cold.

My favorite thing, though, is to just use Italian blend shredded cheese, dot with tomato sauce/dice, Italian herbs, garlic salt, and hamburger/pepperoni/both, then bake/broil until bubbly. Top with parmesan to taste. It is my ALLTIME FAVORITE...

I've thought about the Meatza, but it's just a variation on the above one I love, with it parceled out. If you cook and cool the cheese enough, it holds up like a crust - and it's awesome cold, too, just like the real thing! LOL

Oh yeah, cheese is amazingly versatile (especially whole milk Mozarella). I've seen several recipes using it as taco shells as well. I'm definitely trying that the next time I want tacos, especially breakfast tacos.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    @Tara4boys Cheese crisps are great - but I like them better in the microwave than in the oven. Pepperoni or salami chips are more versatile taste wise, and I've done them both ways - oven or microwave. I've made some zucchini parmesan crisps in the oven that got way crispy, and I loved them, I think it's about how thin you make them (or you can fry them - I bet that would make them crispy!)... Radishes, parnsips, turnips, etc. should also work the same way. I'd try all the different low enough carb ones until you find you preferred taste.

I tried the microwaved cheese crisps yesterday. Easy and delicious!!! Thank you! I like that I can make just how many I need and the microwave couldn't be easier.
  • MaryDeLoria
    MaryDeLoria Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    The list is short:

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so someone else probably already mentioned this, but I'd think about switching to a reusable coffee filter. Amazon has them for about $6. They replace the paper filters. Nice things: no waste, no paper filter taste (chemical ick), easy to clean. I've had the same one for years & they hold up well.
  • KnitOrMiss
    edited June 2016
    Options

Oh yeah, cheese is amazingly versatile (especially whole milk Mozarella). I've seen several recipes using it as taco shells as well. I'm definitely trying that the next time I want tacos, especially breakfast tacos.

@Gallowmere1984 - I forget who posted it, and in which group, but someone posted the round white Mexican Queso cheese (Queso Fresco, I think) is great sliced thin, pan fried, and used as bread, especially for things like a grilled cheese sandwich. I can't see why this wouldn't work similarly for pizza crust!

EDITED - I think in looking at images, it is actually the Queso Blanco. I don't know how much difference that makes.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    The list is short:

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so someone else probably already mentioned this, but I'd think about switching to a reusable coffee filter. Amazon has them for about $6. They replace the paper filters. Nice things: no waste, no paper filter taste (chemical ick), easy to clean. I've had the same one for years & they hold up well.

@MaryDeLoria - Those permanent ones don't filter the finest grains in a Folgers or similar coffee, so my office mates have been known to use a coffee filter inside the permanent filters, as sort of a backup plan/best of both worlds situation...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Options
    Aw lawd. I am definitely giving that a go. I love all of the cheeses.