Zero Carb July

Options
Carnivorekat
Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
I have been reading loads after the last few weeks of struggle and have come to the conclusion that I need to aim for a zero carb lifestyle - so I am going to aim for a trial month of zero carb and see how I feel at the end - have found some great reading matter and spent the whole day reading about it and feeling so fired up to give it a try.

From today my plan is to eat only meat and fat and drink only water - I am cutting out all dairy for the month and will see how my body reacts - I am treating it like a type of elimination diet and may after a month try to add a few things back in, but will do it slowly to see what reaction my body will take.

I am going to go down to my Butchers today to ask about bulk buying of meat to see if it will be cost effective but I am feeling really positive that I can make this work.

Going to be tough in the beginning I am sure especially after the last week and half where I haven't been too strong on the LCHF but need to stop the cravings completely and move downwards in weight and improve my health

Replies

• KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    Are you going to exclude eggs?

>:) or o:)
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    I may still have eggs as they are animal derived but mainly meat
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! My few weeks of exploration into adding fruit and a few veggies has left me bloated, and feeling yucky! Back to my carnivorous ways! Meat, eggs, cheese, and hwc is what helps me feel my best!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I've been back at it for two days now, and the bloated feeling is already gone. It was enough for me to brave the scale. I'm 4 pounds up from my lowest, which is about the norm for me. I deal with a lot of inflammation (read pain!) issues that make the scale a rollercoaster ride anyway! Plus, I still have some fluid hanging around from the fruit and veggie carbs! :persevere:

I'm so glad you see the difference for yourself @kathrout1973! This is the way for some of us! I will be cheering you on my dear! :)

Thank you @FIT_Goat, for chiming in! You were my inspiration last May to go "Meativore", and I'm still thankful that I did! You also warned of the effects of adding carbs back in, and how it made you feel! I've thought of that warning many times over the last week :#
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @kathrout1973 Will be cheering you on!!

Wish I was that brave, but for me it will have to be baby steps to get there. I will, however, be with you in spirit and will attempt to lower my carb total to 20 ish .
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    supergal3 wrote: »
    @kathrout1973 Will be cheering you on!!

Wish I was that brave, but for me it will have to be baby steps to get there. I will, however, be with you in spirit and will attempt to lower my carb total to 20 ish .

I did do under 20ish for a long time, and have found that I still craved certain foods, so decided to give this a try - so far am finding it brilliant and not difficult at all
  • vavega8
    vavega8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    can you give us a taste of what breakfast, lunch and dinner is? nothing too detailed, just the basics.
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    so far this week I have had ribeye steak for breakfast, lunch is often bacon and dinner has been lamb leg steaks - sometimes with butter, I had some snacks of pepperoni and cheese and also pork rinds and I am only drinking water or Earl Grey Tea (black)
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing all of this! I'm anxious to keep following and seeing how it goes. Zero carb is something I've considered, but haven't been brave enough to give it a shot. Summer is too complicated for me - maybe in the fall :smiley: Keep up the great work!
  • vavega8
    vavega8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thank you for the insight and the link, it's been an interesting read so far. by saying you've lost all cravings do you mean carb cravings or for something else?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It seems that most people, or at least many people around here, feel better with fewer. The closer to zero the better. I hope it goes well for you. :)

I did it a couple of month back but I struggled with it a bit. I'm not much of a meat eater. I missed veggies. It actually felt a bit too restrictive to me and ever since then I have had a tougher time staying low carb. Playing mind games with myself. I lost. LOL I felt fine doing it though.
  • Carnivorekat
    Options
    vavega8 wrote: »
    thank you for the insight and the link, it's been an interesting read so far. by saying you've lost all cravings do you mean carb cravings or for something else?

so far it is all cravings - not sure what will happen at TOM but hoping it will continue on like this
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Chiming in to be supportive. You can do it :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    It was a July two years ago, when I started. I hope your trial goes as well as mine did.

Happy carniversary!