Zero Carb July

Options

Replies

• tinywonder25
    tinywonder25 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I want to do this so bad but I can't get there. How awesome that you're following through and seeing the results!
  • anydaynow0786
    anydaynow0786 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So pleased you found something that works for you. After 4 weeks of amazing weight loss - over 16 pounds - I hit a plateau, even though I didn't change anything on the plan. Disappointed, but your progress has motivated me, so thank you.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    @kathrout1973 Congrats! I have considered going zero carb but I really love my avocados so maybe some day! I am definitely following your progress!!! I will be cheering you on!!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay @Kathrout1973!! You are rocking this woe!

My foods are close to yours, but I do have coffee with hwc every morning, can tolerate eggs without any troubles, and it looks like I might eat more cheese than you. I love being carnivore, and am so happy you are seeing the wonderful side effects!

As with other woes, this one isn't for everyone, but is great to find the one that is! Your commitment to yourself is awesome!! Keep on ROCKIN it!!
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! Yay! Thank you and ... Keep posting on your progress :)
    I too have found myself leaning heavily towards the carnivorous side. My scale is a bit of a liar at times, but I am definitely noticing the changes inside and out.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I might experiment with that for a few days. I need to kick the cravings after trying a higher carb range for a while. I'd still use either HWC or full fat coconut milk in my coffee for now though, and eggs.
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Can I jump in too? I know I definitely experience the most noticeable changes on this woe.

definitely join in the crazyness (although I do wonder why I have never tried this before)
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Can I jump in too? I know I definitely experience the most noticeable changes on this woe.

definitely join in the crazyness (although I do wonder why I have never tried this before)

Ate butter and ground beef so far today. I will include eggs in my dier, but trying to keep it limited. Meat,eggs, butter, repeat!
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Very good luck all!
  • Carnivorekat
    Carnivorekat Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    As soon as most of my carb containing groceries are gone (about another week) I'll be joining you in this venture. I did it years ago, but did it wrong. I was eating nothing but tuna, chicken breast, lean pork loin, turkey breast, etc., so I felt like hammered *kitten* all of the time.
    I'll be running with brisket, 73/27 beef, bacon, wings, and the fattiest ground pork I can get my grubbers on. Funny thing is, looking ar prices per pound, it'll probably end up being cheaper than SAD.

I have found it cheaper doing it than what I would usually buy that has been another plus as well as feeling so much better in myself - definitely go for the fattier meats - I have been eating a lot of ribeye steak and lamb which I have absolutely loved
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    As soon as most of my carb containing groceries are gone (about another week) I'll be joining you in this venture. I did it years ago, but did it wrong. I was eating nothing but tuna, chicken breast, lean pork loin, turkey breast, etc., so I felt like hammered *kitten* all of the time.
    I'll be running with brisket, 73/27 beef, bacon, wings, and the fattiest ground pork I can get my grubbers on. Funny thing is, looking ar prices per pound, it'll probably end up being cheaper than SAD.

I have found it cheaper doing it than what I would usually buy that has been another plus as well as feeling so much better in myself - definitely go for the fattier meats - I have been eating a lot of ribeye steak and lamb which I have absolutely loved

I'm all about some ribeye, especially reverse seared. Lamb, I haven't ever managed to cook without screwing it up. The fat's melting point is so high that it seems like you're scorching the lean before you get much going.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984 - What is reverse searing? Cooking in the oven, then searing before eating?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @Gallowmere1984 - What is reverse searing? Cooking in the oven, then searing before eating?

Exactly.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't have thought about it, except my keto-coworker just told me he did that last week with ribeyes for the 4th! LOL
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

I'm glad to see it. It seems you have a lot of experience in various LC WOE.