What is your favorite healthy breakfast to start the day?

Replies

• lynne822
    lynne822 Posts: 10 Member
    I was tires of the 0% Greek yogurt and berries so I tried Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies from the snack list under 200 callories
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    My favorite weekday breakfast is 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese with 1/2 cup diced or crushed pineapple. Great flavor together!

My favorite weekend (or non-workday) breakfast is an omelet. 2-3 eggs, some meat (typically ham), a little bit of mozzarella, and whatever veggies I have on hand (bell peppers, onion, spinach, etc.). Very filling and I have a good protein jump for the day!
  • MuttsNMountains
    MuttsNMountains Posts: 7 Member
    I am in love with this smoothie recipe that I found a while back:
    5 raw almonds
    1 red apple
    1 banana
    3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup nonfat milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    I make a protein latte. Almond milk, coffee, unflavored protein powder, stevia, and a little almond or vanilla extract. I usually have that with a Kashi Pumpkin Flax granola bar. My other favorite I call Eggs Ole! Toasted corn tortilla topped with a scrambled egg, guacamole, a little cheese, and salsa. My other go to is an egg baked in half of an avocado. Yes, I'm a little drawn towards things Mexican! B)
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    My mother in law has been teaching me to make homemade jelly/jams/preserves/marmelades that kind of things, so lately my breakfast has consisted of pb2 toast with whatever jelly we have made that week :)
  • Evalen306
    Evalen306 Posts: 11 Member
    I have two favorite Breakfasts One is one serving container of Oikoa Triple Zero coconut cream Greek yogurt I then add 1/4 cup oats to it, mix and enjoy, I love it.
    I also make what I call my Banana Sprit breakfast. I put 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese in the center of a bowl, I slice one small banana and place each slice on each side of the cottage cheese, I put 1/2 table spoon of natural peanut butter on each banana, I put 1 table spoon of Polaner All Fruit spreadable fruit, or fresh strawberries on top of cottage cheese. I sometimes use less peanut butter and less strawberry all fruit.
  • agkurylo
    agkurylo Posts: 3 Member
    Chobani single serve yogurt, pick your favorite flavor, tablespoon of real honey, 1/4 cup of rolled oats, and 1 hard boiled egg...2 if I'm hungry. I eat this every morning. Gluten free, diabetic friendly and super tasty. Healthy carbs, fiber, low sugar, lots of protein and takes NO TIME AT ALL to prepare
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Today I had a veggie hash with eggs ... easy to do, good macros and stays with me a long time. This veggie hash has very finely cut potato, celery, onion, mushrooms and the eggs are cooked to my liking in coconut oil.
  • displacedheel
    displacedheel Posts: 1 Member
    Monkey Salad every day this week, and still not tired of it:

1 banana, sliced thick
    7-10 strawberries, cut up
    2 Tbls unsweetened coconut
    2 Tbls slivered almonds

Toss it together. If you need more fat, drizzle with a nut butter. Add other fruits if you like. All good for you.

Oh, my first post!!
  • hammetta
    hammetta Posts: 1 Member
    Cannot get enough of this filling low calorie, low carb, high protein microwave "muffin". You can vary the flavorings to suit your mood, but with fresh blueberries in season, I am addicted to:
      1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Jay Robb Whey Protein Isolate)
      dash cinnamon
      1 t baking powder
      1/8th t almond extract
      1/2 t lemon juice
      1/4 c water
      1/4 c blueberries
        Mix, toss half of the berries in (hold half of the berries so they don't all settle to bottom), microwave 20 sec , toss in the remaining berries, microwave for another 20-30 sec. 131 calories, 25g protein, 5 carb (110 cal/1 carb with no berries). Filling and delicious. Can sweeten further with your favorite low calorie sweetener. Try variations with cocoa powder, PB2, other fruit --> endless possibilities. Quick to make and great for an on-the-go breakfast. I tried once with a pea protein powder mix -- hot gooey mess. Best with whey!
      • lizandrashaw
        lizandrashaw Posts: 154 Member
        Quinoa with coconut milk, applesauce, and maple syrup
        or
        Frozen banana, honey, peanut butter, and coconut milk smoothie.
      • fotofreak01
        fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
        2 boiled brown eggs, cup of canteloupe and strawberries, slice of Dave's killer bread 21 seed with 1 tbsp peanut butter. YUM!!
      • mwrfitboss
        mwrfitboss Posts: 82 Member
        anything veggies and eggs is good in my book for breakfast!
      • guinevere96
        guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
        edited August 2016
        I love greek yogurt mixed with fruit preserves :)

Edit: didn't realize I had already replied to this thread awhile back lol. Yes I still love preserves.
      • MzManiak
        MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
        edited August 2016
        I slow cook steel cut oats with cherries, brown sugar, almond extract, almond milk, and water. It's delicious. Add 2 egg whites to it and you're still around 300 calories.
      • Olive_47
        Olive_47 Posts: 5 Member
        edited August 2016
        I like to get a good chunk of calories and protein in the morning to get my day started. Usually I go with a banana, scrambled eggs (1 whole egg, 1 egg white) topped with some low fat cheese, and a slice of wheat toast (usually a homemade recipe here) with an organic jelly.
      • MohamedElshal
        MohamedElshal Posts: 2 Member
        My perfect breakfast is 100 g oats mixed with milk and 2 bananas plus 5 egg whites but before it i take 1 scoop platinum beef protein 24 gm protein 110 calories
      • jenerator2000
        jenerator2000 Posts: 5 Member
        Greek yogurt with some PB2 mixed in and something crunchy, like a hand full of granola. I also like egg whites scrambled with some avocado and salsa and maybe some quinoa if I worked out hard the day before and am starving. Steel cut oats made with almond milk with some PB2 and cinnamon-yum for the winter time. I generally throw in some berries with the yogurt and oatmeal as well.
      • PoundChaser2
        PoundChaser2 Posts: 241 Member
        I have a smoothie every morning. I not a fan of eggs, bread or cereals.
      • narak_lol
        narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
        My favourite breakfast is rolled oats with egg whites and some stevia. I can have this every morning. Delicious and so filling.