August 2016 Move Your @ss Challenge

JTH11706
JTH11706 Posts: 2,903 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the August 2016 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Monday, August 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any JULY miles here. We will continue updating the JULY spreadsheet using the JULY thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of August. Please add only your August goals/miles to this August thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.... ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Janet

Replies

• Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    i'm in for 50 miles!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Hi everyone August will be another challenging month for me. I expect to get my splint off in 10 days and hope to start a gentle daily walk then .On 15th my partner has major surgery booked and likely to be in hospital a week so I will be needing my walks to destress. Going to try for 40 miles
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Managed to hurt my back somehow so I'm going to start conservative and hopefully increase. Put me down for 60 miles, please and thanks :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    I'm in for 130 again. I keep just making it but daren't up my goal just yet because I am renovating a property at the moment and you don't get many steps stood on a ladder.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    I'm going to drop it down to 70 miles. My ongoing house repairs are going through all of August, and while I've been trying to get up reallllly early and move my *kitten*, it's not always doable.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,794 Member
    Please put me down for 700 miles
    Good luck to all ... :)
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Put me down for 75 in August. You never know...one of this months I might just hit my goal! :)

exercise.png

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,258 Member
    I don't know what I'll be able to do this month. We have a grandbaby due anytime in the next couple of weeks. Will be working w/DDD at school to get things ready for her sub.

So... I'm going to drop my goal to 200 miles.

Chris
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Going for 300 miles this month.

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,459 Member
    Please put me in for 275 miles.
  • Tazzythatsme
    Tazzythatsme Posts: 211 Member
    Only 50 miles this month .
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Can you please add me for 55 miles again? happy August and Happy Monday.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    OK I will try for 275 miles (yikes!) this month. Still cold here and frosty!

1 AUG 6.2 miles
  • belle_74
    belle_74 Posts: 930 Member
    ... am only shooting for 50 running miles this month as after my road race on Saturday I am going to try 'something' different than running for a while. Not too sure what the something different will be yet but will work something out :smile:

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,148 Member
    1.2 miles of running laps around the track at the gym, after each round of exercises in Boot Camp class. Got to the gym for an early class to find the lights were out. We were going to do it outside in front of the building in the light drizzle, since the turf was too wet, but they got the lights on at the last minute.

exercise.png

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Put me down for 75 miles walking...thanks!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    3 ish mile run to start off a very HOT August. I'm going for 200 this month.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,312 Member
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

@LEANZ - As hot as it has been here lately, cold & frosty sounds kinda good if we could just get it for a couple of days! :lol:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,820 Member
    150 miles for me this round!
This discussion has been closed.