Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    0idtowvuzh7d.png

Not too bad! Overall this year so far has been consistently more active than previous years. I can't wait to get back out on the hiking trails. My girlfriend and I are meeting up with a group from MFP in Tennessee, mid August. I am super excited to explore a new place and meet new people!
  • decidingjewel
    decidingjewel Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm fairly new here. I have recently quit smoking (5 weeks) and after a 60# weight gain I'm needing to take it back off...I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts and am looking for some motivation to stay active after those long shifts. Anyway that's me add me if you want
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone <3 Hope everyone is doing okay. Ive been slipping a bit on the food for a few days now but ready to pick it up and start over again.
  • awaywewander
    Options
    I return to work tomorrow morning. I have been biking a lot the past two weeks (hatching lots of pokemon eggs) and I am now cleared for strength training so I am slowly adding that back into my routine. I have lots of exciting things coming up. My girlfriend and I will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary in a week by going to see Halestorm, in a few weeks we will be going to Tennessee for a few days (lots of exploring to be done), and a week after that we will be flying to Florida to visit our families and go to a reptile expo.

I would like to shed a few pounds before going to Florida. I haven't seen my family in almost a year. We usually visit around my birthday and all go swimming at some local springs. Now that I have had top surgery, I would like to be able to swim shirtless without being self conscious about my chub.
    shiftynj wrote: »
    Just put a weekend on the AT on my calendar for later this summer, looking forward to it.
    Looks like I too will be hiking a very small part of the AT! Not as much as I'd like, but some is better than none. I am super excited! Maybe at some point in my life, I can set out to do a large chunk of it! #goals
    Hello all, I'm fairly new here.
    Hi! And, welcome!

• Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have been dealing with gender dsyphoria. Even though I live in the Bay Area, I don't really have someone who I can just call and talk about it. My silver lining is knowing my animal companion loves no matter what and that I matter to him.
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you don't have anyone to
    Hello. I have been dealing with gender dsyphoria. Even though I live in the Bay Area, I don't really have someone who I can just call and talk about it. My silver lining is knowing my animal companion loves no matter what and that I matter to him.

I'm sorry you don't have anyone to talk to. That must be isolating. I haven't experienced gender dysphoria but remember what it was like when I first realized I was gay and didn't have anyone to reach out to. Sending you hugs!

• guinevere96
    Options
    My silver lining is knowing my animal companion loves no matter what and that I matter to him.

Animal friends are the best friends possible! Keep you active, love you unconditionally, GREAT listeners, not to mention cute as a button <3
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    5Mex6AZ.jpg

I got a great run in today. I ran 4.5 miles before work. I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked, but I picked up the pace and had a pretty good run.

I've been cooking with the pressure cooker and meals are ready quicker. I'm training for the Louisiana Marathon. I've gotta get through August without melting in the heat.
  • vollans
    vollans Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I would like to shed a few pounds before going to Florida. I haven't seen my family in almost a year. We usually visit around my birthday and all go swimming at some local springs. Now that I have had top surgery, I would like to be able to swim shirtless without being self conscious about my chub.

That's something I'm still incredibly self conscious about. I know it's in my head, and I know if I look properly in the mirror, I'm no longer fat, if I glance down I still think of myself as fat and see the shape there as fat rather than actual muscle. Not sure if I'll ever get my head straight on that one.
  • VLToneVL1
    VLToneVL1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to the site and was looking for a group to check into daily (or semi-daily) and talk a bit about how the day went. I seem to have found that here :-)
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    VLToneVL1 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to the site and was looking for a group to check into daily (or semi-daily) and talk a bit about how the day went. I seem to have found that here :-)

Welcome. There's not a huge amount of traffic on this forum but we're nice folks
  • shiftynj
    shiftynj Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can't believe summer's almost gone :( My favorite time of year. Didn't really achieve my fitness goals due to jacking up my elbow but I am definitely leaner than I was on labor day! How did you do?
  • vollans
    Options
    It's the last day of Winter here in Australia. Hurrah! Hopefully the weather will now start turning for the better, and I've got just over three weeks until the City to Bay run. And I hate running.
  • awaywewander
    Options
    Haven't checked in for a while but im still hanging in there!

A few weeks ago my girlfriend finally told her parents that I am transgender. After several years of keeping it hidden, so much weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I am now officially out to everyone who needs to know! And it is a plus that they are supportive :)

I am trying something a little different with my calorie intake and will report on how it works out as I see progress. I am so close to hitting my total miles goal for 2016 and I am so excited for fall weather so I can get out more without dying in the heat. Taking control of my life one day at a time!
  • guinevere96
    Options

A few weeks ago my girlfriend finally told her parents that I am transgender. After several years of keeping it hidden, so much weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I am now officially out to everyone who needs to know! And it is a plus that they are supportive :)

Im so happy that worked out for you!
  • vollans
    Options
    Indeed, really happy for you. Just getting rid of that sort of pressure is a huge relief to anyone, and with stress gone or reduced everything else just gets so much easier.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    I ran a 5k yesterday and I am exhausted! Or should I say walked/jogged a 5k. Either way I got out off of my butt and I feel good today.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options

I am trying something a little different with my calorie intake and will report on how it works out as I see progress. I am so close to hitting my total miles goal for 2016 and I am so excited for fall weather so I can get out more without dying in the heat. Taking control of my life one day at a time!

What awesome news! Being supported by the people in your life can be so immensely relieving.
  • awaywewander
    Options
    What awesome news! Being supported by the people in your life can be so immensely relieving.

It is definitely a huge relief! I initially came out to everyone in 2012 but we put off telling my girlfriend's parents because they are super conservative/religious and there are major cultural differences. I never would've thought that they would end up being more supportive than my parents are. My parents still call me she/her and it drives me crazy (especially when in public). We fly to Florida every August to visit family and friends so I only have to deal with it from my parents once or twice a year but her parents are fly to Texas every two seconds so it is great that I no longer have to shave my face and pretend to be someone i'm not. Less stress is definitely better for my weightloss/health in general!
  • acushhh
    acushhh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey All, I'm back on here after a few months off. I had a lot going on this summer...went through a break up with my girlfriend who i was with for 4 years. I definitely gained some weight (all my progress i made and then some). I am so determined this time around, it's time to take care of myself. It's going to be a long and difficult road, but i have no excuses anymore. (not that i did before either...) Looking forward to this journey!

I will definitely need the support i have a long ways to go! :)