guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Me: 11
    The Binge: 3
    DBF: 3
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Do y'all consider the compulsion to eat, inability to talk yourself out of eating some thing or things, even if the calories, portions, or carbs aren't off kilter so much? I think I am getting to the point where I have to ask myself if it was...then obviously it was, no splitting hairs... Does that make sense??

Me: 12
    B: 2
    DBF: 0
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The Binge: 2
    DBF: 1

@KnitOrMiss- It's a pretty fine line but for me personally, before I decide whether or not something was a binge I ask myself- Did I compulsively eat? Did I feel out of control? Did I eat long past the point of feeling full? If I can say "yes" to all three of those, I consider it a binge regardless of the calories. Conversely, if I eat way over my calorie goal but it was a conscious, controlled decision, I do not consider it a binge. Sometimes I honestly don't know whether or not to consider something a "bad decision" or a full-on binge. I might start to binge, but stop before it gets to that out-of-control level, and I don't usually count that because I managed to gain control.

For me, binging is very much a mental battle which I why I personally "categorize" it depending on the mental state I was in at the time. I might regret overeating, but it's a very different type of regret than the guilty shameful feeling I get after binging.
  • kelseyllhunt
    kelseyllhunt Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    The binge: 8

Overdid it yesterday on macaroni and cheese. My 3 year old requested it for dinner and then refused to eat what she was given. Does anyone else go crazy when their kids waste food like that? I have a really hard time with that, and tend to eat whatever they don't eat, which is not a good idea.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Aug 14

Me: 14*
    Binge: 0

Streak: 14
  • tiffyree23
    tiffyree23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me 13
    Binge 1
    Dbf 0
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 15
    DBF: 21
    Clooooose call. Stopped myself and regained control. I'm gonna call that a win.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Aug 15

Me: 15*

Streak: 15
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 13
    DBF: 2
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Me: 11
    The Binge: 4

WELL i messed up
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Binge: 4
    DBF: 1
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Binge: 4
    DBF: 2
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Me: 15
    Binge: 1
    And I did that right out in the open. Then, was up from 3-4a.m. vomitting. That was horrible...
    New day.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Full moon on the 18th. That's all I will say. I dunno if anyone else finds themselves somewhat "ruled" by moon cycles, but I know they affect me dramatically. When things hit chaos for me, I'll check the calendar, and generally speaking, I'm right at that juncture, most of the times without having noticed it's approach... (hugs) to us all...
  • Moxie42
    Options
    Me: 14
    DBF: 3
  • tiffyree23
    tiffyree23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Me 15
    Binge 2
    Dbf 2