Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Did w5r3 last Thursday and it felt easy so have skipped the other weeks and managed 5kms just inside 30 minutes on Sunday and today's run. Intend to do a 20 minute run on Thursday and then will be starting the 10k training from Sunday.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    w5d1 done properly today.surprisingly i felt a bit tired from the beginning,but i managed to finish and that's all that matters :smile:
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Week 8 complete. Pace is a little alow still, at 6:30/km, but that'll come with time. Bring on the 40 minute run :)
  • rickc74
    Options
    *slow
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have done C25K before my very first 5K...that was 5 years ago :s I'm thinking of starting again on the treadmill soon. Anyone starting from scratch here?
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I was slow today. I don't know why and it doesn't really matter, since I'm still amazed that I can run at all, much less this far on our hills. I'm still walking occasionally, on the steeper parts, but I think I walked less today than on my last run.

Today's stats: 5K to 10K W4D3: 5.67 miles in 74:29 for a pace of 13:08.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    rickc74 wrote: »
    Week 8 complete. Pace is a little slow still, at 6:30/km, but that'll come with time. Bring on the 40 minute run :)
    @rickc74 Nothing wrong with 6:30/km and like you said it will come with time.
    My pace varies quite a bit depending on Trail conditions, Weather, mental/physical energy, running companions, injury status and if it is an event.
    My best is 5:29/km for a HM this spring ( nice and cool ). When I started running 8:00/km was my norm. Now my daily average goes from 6:00 to 6:30/km depending on all the variables of Life Happens.

@PermissionGranted So you are Experienced at C25K and will be able to offer your tips and knowledge to the Newbies. There are always new runners joining in so Welcome to the Jungle.
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    I was slow today. I don't know why and it doesn't really matter, since I'm still amazed that I can run at all, much less this far on our hills. I'm still walking occasionally, on the steeper parts, but I think I walked less today than on my last run.

Today's stats: 5K to 10K W4D3: 5.67 miles in 74:29 for a pace of 13:08.
    @NancyN795 Great Attitude and Kickin Kitten on the Trails and Hills.
  • jennypapage
    edited August 2016
    Options
    w5d2 done today with my brand new TomTom runner watch. I figured since i like this running thing, and i plan to keep doing it,i might as well get serious. And .. i love my new watch. I don't have to worry about hearing the phone instructions anymore,or my phone getting wet, or low battery.And i get all these cool stats now.So i took my mp3 player with me to listen to music.
    The first 8 minute run was pretty smooth, and i thought in the beginning that 5' rest time was too much,but boy did i need it! The 2nd 8 minute run was not so smooth. I got this sharp pain on my right side, and i couldn't go as fast, plus it messed with my breathing, so i had to slow down a bit.
    Interesting thing, i also wore my step counter, which measured 1 km less distance than my watch: 2.5vs 3.5 .However, amount of calories burned were both the same: 184vs185.
    Anyway, now i have until Monday to get some rest and go for the big 20' run.I'm really excited!
  • rickc74
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    Week 8 complete. Pace is a little slow still, at 6:30/km, but that'll come with time. Bring on the 40 minute run :)
    @rickc74 Nothing wrong with 6:30/km and like you said it will come with time.
    My pace varies quite a bit depending on Trail conditions, Weather, mental/physical energy, running companions, injury status and if it is an event.
    My best is 5:29/km for a HM this spring ( nice and cool ). When I started running 8:00/km was my norm. Now my daily average goes from 6:00 to 6:30/km depending on all the variables of Life Happens.

Thanks. 6:30 is fine for now for sure. My goal is to get it to 6, just to match up with the program - it is laid out to do 5k in 30 minutes, which reequires a 6 min/km pace. So that is the goal, not in any big rush to get there though.
  • rickc74
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Tried week 9 day 1 a couple times yesterday. Struggled with it for various reasons, didn't finish. I'm taking it down tomorrow night, though.
  • inka912
    inka912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Week 6 finished. I struggled to run for the whole 2.25mi (I always have a hard time running at a decent pace with no breaks after lifting session) but I ran 1 mile, walked .25 mi and ran another 1.25 mi. Better than nothing :wink:
  • rickc74
    Options
    Tried week 9 day 1 a couple times yesterday. Struggled with it for various reasons, didn't finish. I'm taking it down tomorrow night, though.
    Decided not to wait, tackled it again tonight and finished it. Did it on the treadmill, it was pretty muggy outside. Two more runs to finish the program, I'll get them both outside if I'm able.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I tried to do W5D1 (of 5K to 10K) today, but my heart just wasn't in it, so I walked a lot. I did do the entire distance, but I'm not counting it. I'll try again Monday or Tuesday.
  • Lovemybody75
    Lovemybody75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's been a week since my last run. Have week 8 days 2 and 3 left. Then life got in the way. Don't know if I'll be ble to do it now. Should I attempt week 8 day 2 or back up a few days?
  • rickc74
    Options
    I'd try it. Worst case you miss and back up a bit. Best case, you nail it and feel like a rock star :)
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello to you all! I started couch to 10k today! I'm posting here because you guys are accountable in your posting and encouragement. By my calculations, the program should be completed which means that...the week of Thanksgiving is my 10K run. What a coincidence lol. Now I am excited about the program with a goal in sight. I'm going to sign up for a run on Thanksgiving day. Very excited.
  • jennypapage
    Options
    so....i did w5d3 today.i finished it,although i wasn't particularly fast.In those 20' i only covered a distance of 2.2km. The good thing is, after i was done, i felt like it hadn't been that hard. I wasn't particularly tired, or out of breath which is really surprising. I think that the fact i didn't take a break actually worked better. It's harder if you have to stop and then start again.Anyway, now that this is out of the way ,i feel i can finish the program and eventually the 5k.
  • rickc74
    Options
    so....i did w5d3 today.i finished it,although i wasn't particularly fast.In those 20' i only covered a distance of 2.2km. The good thing is, after i was done, i felt like it hadn't been that hard. I wasn't particularly tired, or out of breath which is really surprising. I think that the fact i didn't take a break actually worked better. It's harder if you have to stop and then start again.Anyway, now that this is out of the way ,i feel i can finish the program and eventually the 5k.

Well done. That 20 minute run is surprisingly doable. I temember being worried about it going in, and feeling that it wasn't that bad afterwards. The program really works :)
  • jennypapage
    Options

Well done. That 20 minute run is surprisingly doable. I temember being worried about it going in, and feeling that it wasn't that bad afterwards. The program really works :)

yes it does. i can't even believe it, a month and a half ago i could barely run a whole minute, and now 20 minutes! i'm so happy!
  • Lovemybody75
    Lovemybody75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did it! Week 8 day 2 and I actually jogged for 31 min!