Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    W3d1 seemed much scarier than it actually was. It really is a conversation with your mind saying stop and you telling your body to keep going. Kind of starting to like it.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,515 Member
    Options
    W6D1 done! That was my fast run of the week. I see the other two as generally longer, slower runs.
    I did 2x5 minutes and 2x8 minutes in 48 minutes, average pace 7:54min/km or 12.13min/mile. Total of 6.07km/3.77mile. Interesting. It was my fastest run yet, but also my longest distance. I'm curious what the next days will bring.
  • musiccrazed114
    musiccrazed114 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just finished w3d2...proud of my progress! Getting faster...I think I need a new pair of shoes though...some lower back and hip pain...ugh
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    W1D2 done. Shins are a bit sore, but not horrible. As long as I don't push on them, I'm good.
  • AlciaMode
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    W1D2 done. Shins are a bit sore, but not horrible. As long as I don't push on them, I'm good.

Be sure to stretch after
  • Brans34
    Options
    Ok.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    ...some lower back and hip pain...ugh

I'd suggest complementing the running with some core strength work, as lower back pain is symptomatic of a weakness in the core.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 done! 2.7 miles in 26 minutes :)
  • AlciaMode
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    Week 7 Day 2 done! 2.7 miles in 26 minutes :)

That is amazing! Go you!
  • musiccrazed114
    musiccrazed114 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ...some lower back and hip pain...ugh

I'd suggest complementing the running with some core strength work, as lower back pain is symptomatic of a weakness in the core.

Thanks! I plan on getting some strength training in on rest days, so hopefully that will help!
  • smplesong
    smplesong Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Finished week 3 day 3 today outside on the track today. I was finally able to complete all three workouts in a row without needing to stop - hooray! I'm looking forward to (and nervous for) week 4
  • Aine8046
    Options
    smplesong wrote: »
    Finished week 3 day 3 today outside on the track today. I was finally able to complete all three workouts in a row without needing to stop - hooray! I'm looking forward to (and nervous for) week 4

Way to go! You are almost half way through! :)
  • Brans34
    Options
    Just finished my 3rd run! How would you count that? W1D3, or count the rest days, too, so it would be W1,D5?
    However it's counted, I feel I did awesome! I ran at least 3/4 of my 1.5 miles.
  • yirara
    Options
    Did w6d2 today and got 6.7km in 55:15 minutes. 4 intervals of 10 minutes ran. Went quite well apart from the last 4 minutes where I got rather strong side stitches that would not go away.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Did w6d2 today and got 6.7km in 55:15 minutes. 4 intervals of 10 minutes ran. Went quite well apart from the last 4 minutes where I got rather strong side stitches that would not go away.
    Four 10 min runs? Wow! My w6d2 said two 10 min runs with a 3 min walk in between...
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Brans34 wrote: »
    Just finished my 3rd run! How would you count that? W1D3, or count the rest days, too, so it would be W1,D5?
    However it's counted, I feel I did awesome! I ran at least 3/4 of my 1.5 miles.

I'd call it day 3 ( I only count running days)... Congratulations!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Week7Day 3 is done! I was slower than usual today - 2.6 miles in 27 minutes.
  • yirara
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Four 10 min runs? Wow! My w6d2 said two 10 min runs with a 3 min walk in between...

Yes, it does. I just do a little bit extra each time because it works so well. I think I'm kind of doing C25K and some kind of follow up programme at the same time.
    Generally, the first run of the week is kind of for speed, the second distance, and the third is just trying to survive the long run without breaks, an then I'll see if I do something extra or not afterwards.
  • yirara
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Week7Day 3 is done! I was slower than usual today - 2.6 miles in 27 minutes.

Congrats! And you are certainly not slow!
  • Drag0nTears
    Drag0nTears Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just started back on MFP and stumbled across this group. I've been working on the C25K and will start week 5 in the morning. Bit nervous and excited!