Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,512 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »

I hate big roads too... :(
    Congrats on making it!

Thanks a lot. I need to find better routes to run, though this is not the most developed of all countries and there are always crazy drivers, stuff on the roads, and missing sidewalks.

...and congrats on W6D2 :smile: I'm sure you'll manage, now that you've come so far.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I do much better outside than on the treadmill. 42 minutes outside. 47 minutes on treadmill. I think it is probably easier to quit inside since you just have to hop off. Outside... I still gotta get home! LOL.

I'm a very recent C25k Graduate. It works! Keep going!
  • Debechild
    Debechild Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 done. Hi everyone
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I completed the final workout tonight! W8D3 done!

Distance: 2.28 miles
    Time: 30:14
    Avg Speed: 13.16 min/mile

Woohoo, feeling good :smiley:
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Debechild wrote: »

Good for you for starting!! Good luck!!!

• ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 Day 2 today... roll on Lunchtime. Myself and colleague are going for run along the Thames in London. Can't wait, although its very windy today!!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 Day 2 today... roll on Lunchtime. Myself and colleague are going for run along the Thames in London. Can't wait, although its very windy today!!

I cycled from Wandsworth to the city this morning, quite hard work heading into wind the whole time.

Enjoy it, the Thames paths get pretty busy at lunchtimes but everyone is pretty friendly.
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options

I cycled from Wandsworth to the city this morning, quite hard work heading into wind the whole time.

Enjoy it, the Thames paths get pretty busy at lunchtimes but everyone is pretty friendly.

Nice little ride then!!

We're off now, and will hit the canal paths near canary Wharf. Its a little quieter at this hour - best break out the Sunnies!!
  • tractorgirl78
    Options
    Well, I will be on w2d2 tomorrow....thinking I need to increase my speed slowing on the running side while on the treadmill
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Debechild wrote: »

Guuuuuurl you will be freaking amazed at what your body can do!
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Did w2d3 today and i can not wait for more on Thursday! Today was the first day when I actually wanted to get out there and did not have to force myself! Holla for the NSVs!
  • yirara
    Options
    W5D2 nailed it!
    5 minutes warmup
    3x8 minutes running
    3x5 minutes brisk walking
    1x5.20 minutes running to my house door and collapsing there.

6.00km / 3.73miles
    49:20 minutes
    8:13 min/km pace / 12.87min/miles

This is a real speed record for me. I tried out a new app today which doesn't seem to have a graphical pace display (haven't found it yet) and I forgot to switch the running average on. Result: I ran much faster. In my previous runs I was about 8:31ish
  • yirara
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    Did w2d3 today and i can not wait for more on Thursday! Today was the first day when I actually wanted to get out there and did not have to force myself! Holla for the NSVs!

It's an amazing feeling when you want to go out and run, isn't it? Well done on finishing week 2!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

...and congrats on W6D2 :smile: I'm sure you'll manage, now that you've come so far.
    Thanks! Did W6D3 tonight! Last two runs were on the treadmill and today I went running through the hills - my butt is falling off! 22 min of non-stop running (I actually did 24)!

• Aine8046
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    W5D2 nailed it!
    Great! Kill W5D3!

• Aine8046
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    This is a wonderful feeling! Keep going!

• Aine8046
    Options

I wish I could run on lunchtime, but I work in a creepy neighborhood... Do it in the evenings instead...
  • Aine8046
    Options
    I do much better outside than on the treadmill. 42 minutes outside. 47 minutes on treadmill. I think it is probably easier to quit inside since you just have to hop off. Outside... I still gotta get home! LOL.
    It is vice versa for me - hills outside are tough. And I think I run faster outside and get tired quickly...

• Aine8046
    Options
    I completed the final workout tonight! W8D3 done!

Distance: 2.28 miles
    Time: 30:14
    Avg Speed: 13.16 min/mile

Woohoo, feeling good :smiley:

Congrats!!!
  • candythorns
    candythorns Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just did w1d2 :D so far so good