Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,539 Member
    Options
    Yiha all. Have to agree to what nala writes. It's a huge motivation. Today it was weights day and I ran the 300m to the gym, and back again. Good warmup. Only downside: my pace was 7:10 min/km, or 11:25 min/mile, which will be stuck in my app as personal record for ever : :s
  • nala3177
    nala3177 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Skipping tonight's run because I have a 5k in the morning. I signed up for one every month to keep myself motivated. As long as my time improves with each one Im thrilled.
  • yirara
    edited March 2015
    Options
    W3D3 finished, with 4x each interval as previously. Extremely slow today due to stupidity. I don't have time after sunset today thus I decided to run during daytime, at 80.6F (or 27C) in the shade - if there was any shade.

Phew.. 3 and 5 minutes runs next week. I do wonder if I'll manage.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 1 done! Was not hard, in fact I did extra 5 min run after the cooldown :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    nala3177 wrote: »
    Skipping tonight's run because I have a 5k in the morning. I signed up for one every month to keep myself motivated. As long as my time improves with each one Im thrilled.

Good luck! I am doing unofficial one this Sunday!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    W3D3 finished, with 4x each interval as previously. Extremely slow today due to stupidity. I don't have time after sunset today thus I decided to run during daytime, at 80.6F (or 27C) in the shade - if there was any shade.

I hate running in heat! We still have snow :)
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Today. Today I overcame!

I was doing C25K on the treadmill until 2 weeks ago when the weather finally broke. Outside running is so much different than inside running! So even though I was on week 7 on the treadmill, I just went out to see what I could do.

It sorta set me back to week 5; I ran too fast, I had hills.... etc.... And there is this hill just before the end of mile one on my road. The hill that killed me... UNTIL TODAY. Today was the first day I just pushed through. I began running .2 miles into my walk and didn't stop until the nice lady from Map My Walk announced 2 miles. I ran for 23 minutes straight. Up hill both ways into a head wind (LOL).

Sunday I'm going to try for a full 2 miles... which ends on a hill! Stupid glaciers.
  • yirara
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »

Wow! I never tried running or doing any other exercise in the cold. My throat doesn't really like it but when I return to most likely northern Europe next year I'll certain have to deal with that. Well.. for now I need to get through the summer. It can get up to 122 F (50C) here, in the shade, and temps in the dark might still be above 104.

I need to find a solution for storing my mobile phone somewhere during running as my training trousers don't have pockets. I don't see myself holding a water bottle in one hand, and the phone in the other.
  • nala3177
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    Today. Today I overcame!

I was doing C25K on the treadmill until 2 weeks ago when the weather finally broke. Outside running is so much different than inside running! So even though I was on week 7 on the treadmill, I just went out to see what I could do.

It sorta set me back to week 5; I ran too fast, I had hills.... etc.... And there is this hill just before the end of mile one on my road. The hill that killed me... UNTIL TODAY. Today was the first day I just pushed through. I began running .2 miles into my walk and didn't stop until the nice lady from Map My Walk announced 2 miles. I ran for 23 minutes straight. Up hill both ways into a head wind (LOL).

Sunday I'm going to try for a full 2 miles... which ends on a hill! Stupid glaciers.
    Congrats!! It's an amazing feeling!

• nala3177
    Options

Good luck! I am doing unofficial one this Sunday!
    Race was postponed due to unsafe road conditions... Stupid first day of spring snow storm :-/ oh well I will go to the gym and lift today. Back to c25k tomorrow.
  • Aine8046
    Options

Wow! I never tried running or doing any other exercise in the cold. My throat doesn't really like it but when I return to most likely northern Europe next year I'll certain have to deal with that. Well.. for now I need to get through the summer. It can get up to 122 F (50C) here, in the shade, and temps in the dark might still be above 104.

I need to find a solution for storing my mobile phone somewhere during running as my training trousers don't have pockets. I don't see myself holding a water bottle in one hand, and the phone in the other.
    Well, it's few degrees above freezing here, but snow is still around. I did not run in the winter when it was really cold...
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Today. Today I overcame!

Congrats! You are very motivating!
  • nala3177
    Options
    I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Just did week 6 day 2 and my run average pace (I'm going outside as much as possible) went from 15:24 the last time I was outside to 13:47 today! So beyond happy right now.
  • Aine8046
    Options
    I AM SO EXCITED!!!! Just did week 6 day 2 and my run average pace (I'm going outside as much as possible) went from 15:24 the last time I was outside to 13:47 today! So beyond happy right now.
    Great!
  • Aine8046
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was supposed to do w5d2 today, but got involved in a free local unofficial 5k. Did 8 min run, 5 min walk, 8 min run, 5 min walk, and 5 more min of running! Did 5k in 33 min! I plan to run official 5k in 6 weeks and was hoping to do it under 35 min. Now I think I'll be able to do it under 30!
  • nala3177
    Options
    I was supposed to do w5d2 today, but got involved in a free local unofficial 5k. Did 8 min run, 5 min walk, 8 min run, 5 min walk, and 5 more min of running! Did 5k in 33 min! I plan to run official 5k in 6 weeks and was hoping to do it under 35 min. Now I think I'll be able to do it under 30!

That's awesome! Congrats!
  • Aine8046
    Options

Thanks! People were cheering, music was playing, and the weather was great! I think I went faster than I supposed to, and I'll probably be sore tomorrow.
  • nala3177
    Options

Thanks! People were cheering, music was playing, and the weather was great! I think I went faster than I supposed to, and I'll probably be sore tomorrow.

It's amazing what a cheering section can do to your motivation in the moment. It's like this newfound energy that makes everything seem less daunting.
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I got up early. It was 28 degrees out. I didn't have time to run.

I RAN.

2 miles straight. In a row. All at once.

I got to see the sun shine on my face for the 1.5 minutes it was peeking between the clouds. Life is good.
  • Aine8046
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I got up early. It was 28 degrees out. I didn't have time to run.

I RAN.

2 miles straight. In a row. All at once.

I got to see the sun shine on my face for the 1.5 minutes it was peeking between the clouds. Life is good.

Cool! :smiley: