Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    DONE!!!! I actually completed the program last week, but forgot to post. I am nowhere near the 10 minute mile the app tells me I should be at, but I can run a full 5k and that is all I wanted! Next step....10k! Last night I even ran 3.25 miles on the treadmill (the treadmill kills me; it is so much easier to run outside for me). I seriously love the c25k app!

Congratulations! Excellent job!!!
  • Aine8046
    Options
    nala3177 wrote: »
    Aine8046 wrote: »
    W4D2 done! 10 min/mile pace during running! :)
    Awesome! Way to go!!

Thanks! W4D3 is done! Moving to scary week 5! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    1st run after graduation did the 30 min run again. It felt much better than the first one. :)
    (*)

• Aine8046
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Hiya all :) W3D1 done. I managed to do 3 intervals of 90 seconds, 2 of 3 minutes, and at the end another one of just over 90 seconds. It was raining today and I considered not running. But it didn't rain in about a year here, and it was warm so I decided to go nontheless. Do you go running when it rains?

Nice run! Yes, I do run when it rains (if it's warm) - I come back all soaked anyway ;)
  • constellation709
    constellation709 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    W3d2 done! Did it outside again and it was a little bit easier than last time :)
    Damn it, I messed up and did W4D1 instead of W3D3. No wonder it was difficult! :D
    Anyway, the weather was perfect and I had a great run!

I did W4D1 today and it was MUCH harder than W3D3... congratulations!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,548 Member
    Options
    DONE!!!! I actually completed the program last week, but forgot to post. I am nowhere near the 10 minute mile the app tells me I should be at, but I can run a full 5k and that is all I wanted! Next step....10k! Last night I even ran 3.25 miles on the treadmill (the treadmill kills me; it is so much easier to run outside for me). I seriously love the c25k app!

Congratulations! Well done. I can only dream about it.
  • yirara
    Options
    W3d2 done! Did it outside again and it was a little bit easier than last time :)
    Damn it, I messed up and did W4D1 instead of W3D3. No wonder it was difficult! :D

Phew.. I'm slightly worried about W4. next week I'll know if it works.
  • nala3177
    nala3177 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

Week 4 almost killed me.....had to do it twice but I just did week 5 like it was nothing! Now I cannot wait to do w6d1 tonight.

• yirara
    Options

Week 4 almost killed me.....had to do it twice but I just did week 5 like it was nothing! Now I cannot wait to do w6d1 tonight.

That sounds very positive. Thanks for the heads up :smiley:
  • nala3177
    Options

[/quote]

That sounds very positive. Thanks for the heads up :smiley: [/quote]

I needed to slow down the pace....kinda sucks because I don't want to be "slow" but I'd rather be slow and finish than gasping for breath halfway through.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Patience- speed will come later! Great job everybody!
  • MissKissKins
    MissKissKins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Tonight I start W5D1!! Wish me luck!
    I went to my docs and got another inhaler and was told to use it 15 minutes before I begin so lets see what that does!
  • yirara
    edited March 2015
    Options

I needed to slow down the pace....kinda sucks because I don't want to be "slow" but I'd rather be slow and finish than gasping for breath halfway through.

That sounds very much like me. I love stats, and having stats urges me to try better. Oh well..

Today was W3D2 and I did set two new records, though no speed record :wink:
    I did 5 minutes warm up, then the 2x90 seconds and 2x3 minutes intervals from the programme and decided to double that - and succeeded! I did stop after the fourth 3 minute running interval and did not walk on because I was so out of breath and the interval ended right in front of my house door. But I made it! *dances around* Duration: 38:03, distance 4.49km, almost half of that running. Wow!

edit: seeing MissKissKins comment about the inhaler: I hope I didn't do anything stupid. It was storming today, and that usually means lots of dust. I've been fighting with some kind of asthma. Hope everything's fine.
  • yirara
    Options
    I went to my docs and got another inhaler and was told to use it 15 minutes before I begin so lets see what that does!

Good luck! I'm sure you will manage :smiley:
  • Aine8046
    Options

How was it? :)
  • nala3177
    Options
    Week 6 day 1 complete! I fee like I am sailing through these runs now!!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 done! Tonight's 25 minutes felt better than Monday, and I felt stronger.

Monday: 25:10, 1.92 miles, average min/mi: 13:08
    Weds: 25:05, 1.92 miles, average min/mi: 13:03
  • Aine8046
    Options
    Week 6 day 1 complete! I fee like I am sailing through these runs now!!
    Great!

• Aine8046
    Options
    Week 7 Day 2 done! Tonight's 25 minutes felt better than Monday, and I felt stronger.

Monday: 25:10, 1.92 miles, average min/mi: 13:08
    Weds: 25:05, 1.92 miles, average min/mi: 13:03

Wow, nice pace!
  • nala3177
    Options
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone! Seeing everyone's daily progress is a huge motivation for me to keep going!

Thanks so much and keep it up!!!