Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    @Aine8046: Very nice! I'm not sure I'd want to walk an entire 10K course right after I'd run it! But, very pretty. I'm glad that the weather cooperated for you.
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow! What beautiful pictures! Such a beautiful place. Looks like a "Pleasantville"!

I did W6D1 yesterday morning. Kind of want to try D2 today, but know I should rest. Just so excited! I've never kept up with anything like this before!!
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    @Aine8046: Very nice! I'm not sure I'd want to walk an entire 10K course right after I'd run it! But, very pretty. I'm glad that the weather cooperated for you.

Thanks! It was so beautiful, I thought I 'd walk it with a heavy camera. Cannot believe I did this damn hill twice! :)
    But it was worth it! And they have pretty medals too!
    ak3to4n0tr2g.jpg
  • Aine8046
    Options
    rnurse82 wrote: »
    Wow! What beautiful pictures! Such a beautiful place. Looks like a "Pleasantville"!

I did W6D1 yesterday morning. Kind of want to try D2 today, but know I should rest. Just so excited! I've never kept up with anything like this before!!

This is freat! Amazing how you get hooked up... :)
  • RoteBook
    RoteBook Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new.

I'm on week 4, day 1. I'm hoping that it's actually easier to get out during the summer-both kids are out of school, so I don't have to wake up before everyone else to go. I can run in the morning in the time that was the school scramble before my husband goes to work.

Also, that Mackinaw island run looks gorgeous! I live 2,000 miles from there now, but I remember visiting there as a kid, and I'm proud that I know how to pronounce it. :)
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @Aine8046 I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (in a small town near Marquette), it's so nice to see those pictures of Mackinaw Island! I used to love visiting there :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    RoteBook wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new.

I'm on week 4, day 1. I'm hoping that it's actually easier to get out during the summer-both kids are out of school, so I don't have to wake up before everyone else to go. I can run in the morning in the time that was the school scramble before my husband goes to work.

Also, that Mackinaw island run looks gorgeous! I live 2,000 miles from there now, but I remember visiting there as a kid, and I'm proud that I know how to pronounce it. :)
    Good job! I like running in the morning too! I just hate to get out of bed when everybody else is asleep :)
    I am glad you enjoyed the pictures! I speak French, so pronunciation was not a problem for me, but I know what you are talking about! :)
  • Aine8046
    Options
    angie55575 wrote: »
    @Aine8046 I grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (in a small town near Marquette), it's so nice to see those pictures of Mackinaw Island! I used to love visiting there :)

Thanks! I love UP, and especially Lake Superior shore! :)
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Did wk7d3 today and felt good about it, but still nervous about my 5k race this wknd. I basically did a 5k today if you include the 5 min warm up and cool down. I think it will be much harder running that extra bit, but hopefully the excitement of the event will carry me through.
  • lornaharton
    lornaharton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    W6D2 done yesterday. Looks like there's no walking breaks from here on in!! :o
    Going to do a parkrun on Saturday which coincides with W7D1 :#
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Aine8046 wrote: »

The UP in my username is for the Upper Peninsula. I'm from the Keweenaw.

Did my w1d1 today. Went pretty good. Zombie run 5k does a ten minute free run at the end. I ran about 5 minutes of that.
  • upsaluki
    upsaluki Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Did wk7d3 today and felt good about it, but still nervous about my 5k race this wknd. I basically did a 5k today if you include the 5 min warm up and cool down. I think it will be much harder running that extra bit, but hopefully the excitement of the event will carry me through.

Good chance you'll run your fastest time ever. It's hard not to rabbit out at first and run at a faster pace than you can really keep up. I usually have a pace I want to shoot for. If you keep at that pace you'll find as the race settles in there will be a few other runners that you can run along with. Usually I pick someone just a little ahead of me and try to keep up or catch them at the end. Have fun!
  • rnurse82
    rnurse82 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

I will be doing W6D3 tomorrow! No walk breaks. We got this!

I did W6D2 last night. It felt great! Still pretty slow, but I can tell my endurance is a lot better!
  • lornaharton
    lornaharton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    rnurse82 wrote: »

I will be doing W6D3 tomorrow! No walk breaks. We got this!

I did W6D2 last night. It felt great! Still pretty slow, but I can tell my endurance is a lot better!

Same! I had sweat pouring off me but kept on running lol. W6D3 for me tomorrow too B)
  • angie55575
    angie55575 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    upsaluki wrote: »
    Aine8046 wrote: »

The UP in my username is for the Upper Peninsula. I'm from the Keweenaw.

Did my w1d1 today. Went pretty good. Zombie run 5k does a ten minute free run at the end. I ran about 5 minutes of that.

@upsaluki No kidding!? I graduated from Michigan Tech too! Used to bartend at the Downtowner in Houghton!
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing W4D1 today at lunch. It's supposed to be 99 degrees at lunch today, but I fear if I don't go then, I won't go after I get home from work (too tired, laundry, garden, things to tend to, you know how it goes). SO I'm going to go for it. I'm actually looking forward to it. :)

Those island pictures are awesome. I need to go there.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I finished W7D1 this morning... (25 minutes running) and felt really good, but I was looking forward to the cool down by the end. I feel good about my pace as well, 9:33 and 9:46 for mile 1 and 2 of the run portion and I think I went further than the 2.5 miles of running as I finished the 25 minutes about 10 seconds before I hit 3 miles total. I'm taking an extra day break before day 2 since my son is getting married on Friday.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    BethAnnieT wrote: »
    I'll be doing W4D1 today at lunch. It's supposed to be 99 degrees at lunch today, but I fear if I don't go then, I won't go after I get home from work (too tired, laundry, garden, things to tend to, you know how it goes). SO I'm going to go for it. I'm actually looking forward to it. :)

Stay hydrated! Try to drink as much water as you can beforehand and have some water waiting for you when you get finished!
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I seem to have a mental block around the 15-16 minute mark. It took me three tries to push through W5D3 and yesterday, I tried W6D3 and stopped right around the same mark. I think I've been pushing it too fast, not that it's fast by any means. I'm usually averaging around the 15 minute mark (including the walking stretches, warm up & cool down). Last night, when I stopped at the 15 minute mark, my average time was 13 minutes 40 seconds. And my current pace was under 13 minutes. Need to keep telling myself to slow down cause I'll never get to finish the whole program if I can't get past the 15 minute mark!