WELCOME!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Collegemommy
    Collegemommy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! My name is Leslie and I am a 43 year old wife and mother of two.

SW 419
    GW 173
    CW 378

246 to lose
    41 down
    205 left to go
  • crazywench78
    crazywench78 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Not new to this site, but new to the community portion. I'm 35, Super Mom to two great kids, and looking to get fit!

SW: 410.4
    CW: 390
    GW: 125

Have 265 lbs to go!

Looking forward to the journey!
  • MSSONTA
    MSSONTA Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am not new to the site. Have started and stopped several times. Trying to get it right this time. I live in Ga! Mother of 4, Wife and nana to 3.

SW: 389 :explode:
    Cw: 376 :yawn:
    Gw: 250 :love:

Working on my first goal of 92 lb weight loss to get under 300. :smokin:

Please add me if you like. If anyone else is still here please let's motivate each other!
  • vanimelda
    vanimelda Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone im just starting my weight loss journey.. I am a wife and a mommy to soon to be 4 (ages 6,5,2 currently 7.5 months pregnant) amazing boys. Not sure what to say except that im a just ready to not be the mom that cant go running with her boys, and just to feel comfortable in my own skin.

SW: 362
    CW: 362
    GW: 160
  • kmaxwell0928
    Options
    Hello!
    I have been losing weight at a snail's pace since january 2011. I know I should be happy with what I have lost so far but I need to get really serious and get the rest of this fat suit off! I can't wait to read through the posts for some inspiration and motivation!

SW: 384
    CW: 325
    GW: 195
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    SW=381 (cringe!)
    CW=367
    GW=180 (will settle for 190)

(Just joined MFP less than a week ago for help counting calories after already losing 14 pounds.)
  • loving_london
    loving_london Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm 30 and motivated!

Starting weight/ current weight: 444.

Goal weight: 155 (very aggressive goal but I'd be happy at 175)

I'm here for anyone that needs support.

Kim
  • kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Im Allison. Im 44 and counting.
    Start weight was 380.9
    Goal weight is 180.0 (okay..200 would be awesome actually)
    Current weight is 357.1
  • Savedandsanctified
    Savedandsanctified Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Tiffanie I am 41 years old.

SW- 387.1
    CW- 387.1
    GW - 187

I am very motivated, although this is only my second day, I am so focused and determined. I am so glad that a group like this exists for support. My best wishes for all you guys.
  • dmoyler
    dmoyler Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Dionna. I am from New York.

SW/ CW-Around 370
    GW- 170-200 lbs

I want to lose no more than 200 lbs.
  • SarahBear1988
    SarahBear1988 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Sarah. I'm 26 and live in ND. :)

SW - 348
    CW - 339
    GW - 140-ish

I know it's going to take a long time, but I can get there. :D
  • haileyhllywd
    haileyhllywd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Hailey 24 years old and i am from Mississippi.

Starting Weight: 350
    CW:338
    GW:175

I have been a large women my entire life and it hit me the other day i don't want to live like this anymore.. Last year i went to Universal Studios for vacation and there were several rides that i could not ride because i am to large. I would like to lose at least 100lb's by September 2015 when i go back and ride all the rides i couldnt! Most of all i want to be health and happy. Add me! :smile:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang!

I no longer am in the 200 lbs to lose category but I was not long ago.
    When I started out I had 200+ to drop, I'm down about 100 or so and
    Not even sure of my goal at this point, I think to continue moving in a healthy direction is what my goal will be for a bit.

To those that think it's impossible to lose large amounts... it's not. It's not easy (but it's simple) and it does help to exercise to help stay away from the food. But if what you can do right now is work on portion sizes... that'll work!

Someone mentioned chair exercises. Someone also mentioned Zumba and that they could only do a few minutes at a time so I wanted to be sure and share this with you..

I was playing around looking for Zumba vids on YouTube and low and behold they had chair Zumba! Actually I tried it out and the music was awesome and it really was fun. I'm able to workout without a chair (I often workout in aqua classes or alone in the water) but did want to try that one out to be able to share it with others.:flowerforyou:

I imagine Googling chair Zumba YouTube would bring up quite a bit.
    Even sitting in the chair with Yoga in mind is great for flexibly and helps the mind stay positive.

Cheers for the hard work we all do to get healthy and learn to love ourselves despite what we currently feel about ourselves.

Our bodies are not everything, they are what we live in.... we are so much more than our fat (yea I don't care for that word much either but it fits that phrase because we are SO MUCH more than what we think our flaws are!:drinker:

Hearts:heart:
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Nyki and I live in New Zealand.

SW: 364
    CW: 340
    GW: ?? 160ish

I just want to be healthy enough to be here for my daughter :smile:
  • infomaniacgirl
    infomaniacgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lauren!

sw: 395
    gw: 150
    cw: 379

I started keto a month ago with my roommate, and though it's been hard it's been worth it so far. :smile: I'd love to add people as friends and be added, too!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    oops didn't realize this was an OLD group.
  • DudeWhatTheFat
    DudeWhatTheFat Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Nick
    Today is day one for me, although I joined the site a while back, so I don't have any amazing losses like a lot of you do. Anyways, I'm currently 516 lbs, and just want to get the ball rolling on losing. Losing and living are the only two goals I currently have
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'0"
    Starting weight: 330
    Current weight: 297
    Next goal weight: 284 and then 261
    Final goal weight 100
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am MJ - 44 y.o. married with 2 fur babies. Have struggled with weight as long as I can remember. Have lost more than 100# on at least 2 occasions, but always fall back into old patterns of emotional eating. My Mother passed away in June after grieving the loss of my Dad for 9 1/2 years. I saw how miserable she was - not really living just marking time until she joined Dad.

Although hers was due to emotional issues rather than physical limitations, it caused me to take a hard look at my life. Over the past 2 years especially, I have withdrawn from society more and more - going out into the world only when I have to (work). Otherwise, I am hiding at home safe from judgment and leering due to my size. Of course, my own judgment is always there. I decided I am tried of saying to my wife "we could go to or go do ...... if I was smaller/had more mobility, etc" Like my Mom, I am not living life either. So, I am back on track as of last week and determined to meet my goals. I plan to explore the roots of my food addiction with my therapist, but no reason why I cannot work on the outside and the inside at the same time.

So glad to find a group for folks in this boat. Thanks for letting me join!

MJ

SW: 410
    CW: 403
    GW: 369 (shooting to lose 10% of my body weight, then will set the next goal at 10% from there - keeps it from being as intimidating as saying I need to lose 260#)
  • gkingBRLA
    gkingBRLA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Just starting out here again on MFP

SW:460+ pounds (maximum my scale could do)
    CW:443.6 pounds
    GW:200-220 pounds (will reevaluate if/when I get closer)
    Total Goal Loss:240+ pounds