Before Christmas 2016

Options

Replies

• MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    An online challenge open to US residents only (for prizes) but exercise wise anyone can do it. Thought of sharing it!

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/ultrafit-challenge

PS: I love Anton
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    A little bit distracted today. Waiting for 2 important phone calls. Worried about one of them. Pain in my right arm still there and feeling it in my shoulder and back today. I need another massage therapy session
    Anyway heading to the gym soon cardio and maybe shoulder if I could.

hope you feel better soon!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    A little bit distracted today. Waiting for 2 important phone calls. Worried about one of them. Pain in my right arm still there and feeling it in my shoulder and back today. I need another massage therapy session
    Anyway heading to the gym soon cardio and maybe shoulder if I could.

hope you feel better soon!

Thank you. I did shoulder and 30 min spinning. Longer rest time but finished it ;)
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    SD: 9/22/16
    SW: 142.4

CD: 9/27/16
    CW: 141.4

GD: 12/10/16
    GW: 132.4 (range 127.4-135.4)

In the past week I have seen the scale go 141, 142, 142, 143 and now at 141.4. So teetering around 141-142 but seems like it is steadily dropping.
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Workout:

Leg press - 10reps, 3 sets, 65kg

Leg extention - 8reps, 3 sets, 25kg

Weighted closed squats - 10 reps, 3 sets, 20kg

Hamstring curl - 8 reps, 3 sets, 25kg

Weighted lunges - 8 reps p/leg, 3 sets, 20kg

Weighted bridges 10 reps, 3 sets, 10kg

Standing calf raises - 10reps, 3 sets, I don't know the weight, as heavy as the machine can do - all the plates.

Seated calf raises - 10reps, 3 sets, 68kg

Nutrition:
    Carbs - 63g
    Fats - 113g
    Protein - 132g
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    no workout for me today but food was good. need to get going on the workouts
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    so weigh in day

I'm down 3 pounds this week which is awesome I haven't had that large of a loss in a week in a while. 25 pounds till christmas leaves 19.something now yay!

it's 530 and I'm leaving for a walk ps the stars are still out...I can't believe I got out of bed lol.

how is everyone doing? this thread was exactly what I needed!

hope everyone has a great day!

Congratulations that's a great loss!
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    so weigh in day

I'm down 3 pounds this week which is awesome I haven't had that large of a loss in a week in a while. 25 pounds till christmas leaves 19.something now yay!

it's 530 and I'm leaving for a walk ps the stars are still out...I can't believe I got out of bed lol.

Great job!!! I got up at 5:30 for a morning bike ride. ✋ high five!!!
    I weighed in today too. Mathematically between my CI (MFP) and CO (Polar HRM) I should be a little over a pound less. I am flat. But since I know there are other variables I am not freaking out (maybe for 5seconds). I am keeping at it.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    so weigh in day

Amazing. Keep up the great work.
  • treehugnmama
    Options
    gorilita wrote: »
    so weigh in day

Great job!!! I got up at 5:30 for a morning bike ride. ✋ high five!!!
    I weighed in today too. Mathematically between my CI (MFP) and CO (Polar HRM) I should be a little over a pound less. I am flat. But since I know there are other variables I am not freaking out (maybe for 5seconds). I am keeping at it.

good job on the bike ride....keep that up.
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    Workout:

10min eliptical (switching between level 1-3 every minute)

10min treadmill (switching between fast walking and jogging every minute, on nr 4 incline)

7min rowing.

15x3 abdominal crunches
    15x3 p/side side abdominal crunches
    15x3 reverse crunches
    3x45sec planks.

Nutrition - err, well I have no accurate info. Because I quick added some calories. Fine. It was chocolate and ice cream. Blah. But at least I stayed in my cal limit.

My right calf hurts today. On Friday last week I cut my knee open accidentally. Now everytime that knee bends or straightens, the skin pulls and it's sore. I think I've been subconsciously taking some of that knee's work on my other leg. So I think my workouts have been doing a number on my healthy leg.

Also. Since starting my bulk program on Monday, I've been taking 5 teaspoons of Glucose Powder in my coffee pre-workout. Which is about 24g of carbs. Or 22, can't remember. And every day since, everytime I get home, I am EXHAUSTED.

Note that, I work out in the mornings, first thing after waking up, getting dressed ect. It's the first thing I do for the day. And everyday since Monday, I've been so tired after, that I have to take a nap when I get home. Because I just want to fall asleep.

I suppose it's a good sign, meaning that I burn off most of the glucose, but jeez it sucks currently. I suppose my body is still getting used to it.
  • gorilita
    gorilita Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Surprise surprise I was .4lb down in my evening weigh in with my trainer. I wasn't expecting it based on my morning weigh so I am happy with that. My work out was great. Legs and legs, and then a little bit of legs followed by 20mins on a stepmill (medieval torture device). Chillin' time! I hope HumpDay was a good a good day for you all too!
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today was good.

Carbs 60g

water 3L

workout, all muscles upper body, new PRs and 20 min HIIT
  • treehugnmama
    edited September 2016
    Options
    gorilita nice that's a bonus loss nice workout.

shadow great workout. I hope today is a rest day and your knees recover.

shadow sounds like a great day.

I went over on carbs but I had already eaten...today I will log first.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today's motivation
    3tueegec32qd.jpeg
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today's laugh
    d91w26ein1rb.jpeg
  • Shadowmf023
    Options
    Well I did upper body today as a workout. The usuals, tricep dips, seated rows, bicep curls, all the machines ect. And also some ab work.

Nutrition was pretty good. Stayed (mostly) within my limits, had a small amount of unplanned peanut butter, but walked it off.

I've been slacking with my sodium intake. I'm going to up it back to 3000mg a day and monitor it again. When I started keto, sodium seemed to decrease my cravings a lot. Hopefully it works just as well this time around.
  • MoonKat7
    Options
    Today wasn't a good day, I honestly wished if I had a punching bag in my basement to steam out!

Let's just say a bad job interview with a free one hour group class and ended with "reach out when you get back from vacation" hmmmm
  • merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of another challenge, taking us into the holiday season. My ultimate goal is to be below 200 for the Christmas season, and maintain there for the holidays. In the past I have gained around 10 pounds every December binging on all that is yummy and plentiful! I hope to be more mindful this year of what I'm putting in my mouth.

My weight this a.m. is 205.8 lbs
    SW 218 August 28
    GW 170 and then we will see

Has anyone tried an assault bike at their gym? Holy *kitten* kicker!! So far I'm up to 5 intervals on it, the most anyone has gotten to so far. Some people even barfed afterwards. I think its common in cross fit gyms, but new to the small gym that I go to for personal training.