TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,163 Member
    Options
    bloveless wrote: »
    Hi I'm excited to participate in another Amazing Race. My daughter Shauna got me involved in the last race and I REALLY had a great time competing in the challenges, trying new foods, trying new ways to exercise and getting to know our team members. I've been married for 42 years, have 5 beautiful children and 24 lovely grandkids. I live about 35 miles west of Salt Lake City, Utah in a small town called Grantsville. I've worked at our local police department for 26 years and I'm really looking forward to retiring in a year and a half then I can spend more time with my family! I'm happy to be a member of team 6 and thrilled to have Shauna as our team captain, she's a GREAT leader (I can say that because she's my daughter) but you'll all soon find out as we support and cheer each other on!! Go team go!

Welcome, loving retirement 2 years ago after moving from Las Vegas. We had to move back, grandkids, lol.
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    For challenge 2: Can you do any 3 youtube videos or are there specific ones we've to choose from?
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    Options
    town/province/state/country- SACHSE/TEXAS/US- small suburban town near Dallas/Fort Worth Texas. It is an old farm town, the houses including mine have very big back yards; some still have horses and ranches.6non5hp9ddlz.jpg
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    HisStrengthCounselor Posts: 191 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO TAG MISSION ENFORCER? DO WE SEND MISSION ENFORCER THE INFO ON WHERE WE LIVE?
  • sth76
    sth76 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I live in Utah and have been recruited by Shauna. We have been good friends for about 14 years and have enjoyed exercising together for about 13 years.

I am a mom of 3 kids and shuttle them around after school to their activities. I've been running races since I was a freshman in high school and have enjoyed running really my whole life. I have been married for 18 years and love hiking with my family. I lead hands on science activities for elementary kids twice a week at a local school and have been doing that for 2 years.

I'm looking forward to an adventure with this race. Let's have some fun!

@MissionEnforcer
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    scarletspy wrote: »
    For challenge 2: Can you do any 3 youtube videos or are there specific ones we've to choose from?

You have 3 specific videos, go into the actually race thread they will be there!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Ex_Zv4pbA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASLnjUi72n8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihA7ne5goEc
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    Options

******PLEASE remember to tag @MissionEnforcer for challenge 1******
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    town/province/state/country- SACHSE/TEXAS/US- small suburban town near Dallas/Fort Worth Texas. It is an old farm town, the houses including mine have very big back yards; some still have horses and ranches.6non5hp9ddlz.jpg
    @MissionEnforcer
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO TAG MISSION ENFORCER? DO WE SEND MISSION ENFORCER THE INFO ON WHERE WE LIVE?

3. When a challenge asks you to tag @MissionEnforcer to get credit for completing a challenge, use the @ sign and then type missionenforcer. This will tag him and alert him that you posted so he can validate your challenge points.
  • beginforthelasttime16
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

Already kinda summed this up but will gladly do it again:
    State what town/province/state/country you are from and give a brief description of where you live (pictures are fun, but not necessary).
    I'm from the northern tip of Kentucky about 10 minutes from Cincinnati. I recently moved back home to take care of my dad who is sick. We live in a quiet neighborhood with lots of hills to walk the dogs up and down!

r431ak3s9djo.jpg
    FT.jpg 38.3K
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    3. State what town/province/state/country you are from and give a brief description of where you live (pictures are fun, but not necessary).

I live about 10 miles from Puyallup, Washington, where our spring and state fair attracts thousands of people. Plus we are surrounded by orchards of apple trees, :) We're about a hour from Mt Rainer!
    @MissionEnforcer

• mindylk
    mindylk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    3. I live in Eakly, OK USA. It is a small town of about 300. We have no stoplights and it is primarily a farming community.

@MissionEnforcer
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Hello again team. I've sent everyone a friend request and will keep an eye on them in case some get missed.

@MissionEnforcer

As I mentioned before, I am in the United States, in a little town in Georgia. However, I live right on the Ga/Tn line and many of you are probably more familiar with my bordertown where I spend a ton of my time, it is literally in my backyard...Chattanooga TN.

grmkia8kgo14.jpg

My part of Ga and Chattanoga lies at the transition between the ridge-and-valley portion of the Appalachian Mountains and the Cumberland Plateau. Therefore, the city is surrounded by various mountains and ridges.
    My favorite thing about this part of the world is the beauty and activity we start to see around Fall.

d22sdh107bdu.jpg

The official nickname for Chattanooga is the Scenic City, being reinforced by the city's growing national reputation as a haven for numerous outdoor activities. And during Fall, there is an absolute abundance of things to do. There are tons of Fall festivals, the chattanooga market is buzzing with fantastic fall flowers, food, and crafts. They even have an Octoberfest there every year. There are tons of hiking and parks to get outdoors as the weather is lovely (usually 70s-low 80s) and perfect for outdoors. There are lots of activities for Halloween and also both railroad and boat tours to see the beautiful colors of fall.

c82su6a0d2zc.jpg

I've lived here my entire life and still love it. I choose to stay over the line in Ga because I like how quiet it is on this side, out more in the country (you'll see tons of farm animals driving down the road) but I love that I can drive 5 minutes and have all the activities of the city available to us.

So, that's where I live. If you ever get a chance, you should definitely visit. We have been voted Best Town from Outsider's magazine and there is always something to do and see. It's a beautiful, laid back tourist destination. If you ever visit, make sure you say Hi! :smile:
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1
    Hi, my name is Alisa and I live in the beautiful Salt Lake Valley, Utah surrounded by the most beautiful mountains in the world! I have access to hundred of hiking trails within a half hour from my home and thousands of hiking destinations within an hour drive. This picture is from a hike last week. 0sdrox4xbpqx.jpg
    @MissionEnforcer
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've sent friend request to almost everyone but I'm having difficulty finding suzieharmon2016. I'm not getting any results when I type the username into search. Could someone give me a link to her profile page please?
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options

*****I've been wanting to post this but keep forgetting, :) Do we want to vote on a team name ****

I would love a team name. Fun!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    Here's a link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sRqt4GvOnfbAztyZcNaolQQoCAX5SRCZHabOfAKUZec/edit#gid=1480039755
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WEEK ONE: RACING TO REYKJAVIK

CHALLENGE #1: “Let’s Say Halló in Iceland!” (10 pts.)
    1.Friend each of your teammates. If they don’t accept your request, try again. Make sure you put a heading in your request, such as “Amazing Race - Fall Fun!”, we are team mates! If after two tries over the course of the entire week, they do not reply, inform your Team Captain. YOU will NOT be penalized if you do not get an acceptance!

2. Tag @MissionEnforcer

3. State what town/province/state/country you are from and give a brief description of where you live (pictures are fun, but not necessary).

We have a multi-national group and we’d like to learn about you!
    Halló!

CHALLENGE #2: “Drum to a Viking Beat!” (10 points)
    To summarize:

[*] Viking Chant/Geyser Dance: Three times through (PLEASE remember the chat)

[*] YouTube Videos: 3 Videos, 2x each
    [*] One routine to your own music and your own beat (or just repeat the 3 videos)

AS ALWAYS, YOU MAY COUNT THE MINUTES SPENT ON THE CHALLENGES TOWARD YOUR EXERCISE MILES/MINUTES!

CHALLENGE #3: “Fill Up at the Foss!” (5 points)

To earn your five points for this challenge, you need to drink one-half your bodyweight in ounces per day, for at least 5 out of the 7 days this week.

Points for this challenge can not be given until at least Friday.

You know, 5 out of 7 days.

• GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    scarletspy wrote: »
    I've sent friend request to almost everyone but I'm having difficulty finding suzieharmon2016. I'm not getting any results when I type the username into search. Could someone give me a link to her profile page please?

This comes up when I pull up the kink: @sth76

Try tying this , :)
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,192 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

I am from Vienna, in Austria - please don't confuse it with Australia ;) We don't have any kangaroos (except in the zoo), and there is a popular t-shirt slogan:

l4306xr8acdr.jpg

Vienna is a great city, full of history, cultural attractions and much more. It is sometimes called "the capital of classical music" and there are many different opportunities for visiting concerts, operas, musicals, and so on.
    What I really like about the city is that there are many parks, not only small ones, but huge ones, where you can walk for hours. And it is easy to get out of the city, where there are some hills with nice walking tours, or the National park of the floodplane forest of the Danube.

So, if you visit Vienna, there are many interesting sights, like the "Ringstrasse" around the city center, with many palaces and museums:

bkbqdely0t0n.png

and of course, the Opera:

jmvnb3i10429.png

or Belvedere Palace:

i57xtlmfxfb5.jpg

But there is also some modern architecture (the Haas house is directly in front of St. Stephen's Cathedral in the very city center - there was a big controversial debate when it was built in the 80s...)

yvyzg8oy6ysj.jpg

or the spectacular new university of economics:

4rtmfx0dta9a.png

And if you are tired of sightseeing, you can take a detour to the "Prater" and take a ride with the giant wheel (or one of the other fun rides there). There was a James Bond Movie with a long scene in one of the cabins:

1cip2smxc2rn.jpg
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,981 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    3.State what town/province/state/country you are from and give a brief description of where you live (pictures are fun, but not necessary).

I am from southern Ohio just south of Dayton and north of Cincinnati. Our community is pretty quiet and people seem to be in bed by 9pm and up early to run/walk through the neighborhood before work. It is literally suburbia where I live. :smiley: And it's perfect for my little family right now. Here are a few pics of our home and yard. Excuse the weeds. We do not get outside nearly often enough, because of severe allergies.
    @MissionEnforcer

v0ccpf0ep9e8.jpg
    bq7fnd0wkr7c.jpg
    pebj4eyy63qs.jpg
    di17yp9nras5.jpg