TEAM SIX

Options

Replies

• shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    I've tagged those who were missing a tag and know all of our teammates are accepting friend requests except lewiann who is learning how to play. I'm going to her house tomorrow and will explain everything.
    I live in the Salt Lake Valley in Utah. I LOVE looking at and playing in the mountains that surround me. My children know I love the mountains and get sick of listening to me gush about their beauty.
    I have 5 children, a wonderful husband of 21 years and just started a 3 day a week job at our local high school as the "Scholarship Lady".
    It's so much fun to hear about your lives. @HisStrengthCounselor I too love Jesus and your perspective about weight loss!
    I'm excited to see so many of you like hiking and running. I'm recovering from a stress fracture I ended up with while training for a marathon this spring and am doing a fun Halloween Half Marathon this weekend. I'm hoping after taking it easy over the winter, I'll be back to marathons with my friends again next year.
    We are doing a great job on the challenge of friending one another. I hope you are all drinking water for challenge #3. If you haven't started, begin tomorrow so you can get credit for 5 days. Remember, you need to drink half your weight in ounces (ex. 160 lb person would drink 80 oz or 10 cups) There is a max of 100 oz/person/day. Drink up!
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    Options
    I've friended every except one, I have sent 2nd friend request to lewiann. @MissionEnforcer
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @scrapbookingtm I had no idea you were causing such a controversy lol! In your into you mentioned how much you love hiking. I just figured you had an all day hike. I think some people must be looking at the spreadsheet and making judgements without context from the team threads. :smile:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @lewiann is the only one I'm waiting for to accept my friend request . I've also sent two requests @MissionEnforcer
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

I am waiting for @lewiann and @susieharmon2016 (aka.. @sth76 ) to respond .

• scarletspy
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

I am waiting for @lewiann and @susieharmon2016 (aka.. @sth76 ) to respond .

I'm waiting for these two too! I've just sent my second request to both :smile:
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

Hi Team 6! Sorry I'm so late (a cpl of you may know that it is not unusual for me! I'll try to be better, I promise!)! I have sent friend requests and accepted friend requests!

Now a little about me! My name is Shannon, but please call me Shan. Nobody calls me Shannon except when I'm in trouble! I am also here do to a post by @GrandmaJackie we are in a cpl of challenges (not always on the same team!) I am 23 (soon to be 24!) I live in a small town north of New Orleans, LA. I am the youngest of 4 and also the only girl! I come from a strong military family (all the boys plus both parents and both grandfathers). Not married and I have no children. I do have a lab beagle mix dog her name is Lucy, she truly thinks she is a human! I have always been athletic - I play softball, volleyball (court & beach), and ran track which led me to long distance running. I have run 4 full marathons a number of half and too many 5 & 10k's to count. I love biking, swimming, hiking, climbing you name it! I was sidelined with both an ACL tear (requiring surgery) and Meniscus tear which is what brought me to mfp! It was a suggestion from my physical therapist. I had both surgeries about 16 months ago and spent 9 months in rehab. I love the outdoors and I have been called a bit of an adrenaline junkie! I am uber competitive and love these challenges! After a super rough summer I am back with a vengence!
    Go Team 6!!
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    @ShaunsGotGoals, welcome! Everyone says I have energy BUT she runs circles around me. I want to be like her when I grow up, :)<3:)
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    @lewiann just accepted my FR all good now!

@MissionEnforcer
  • lewiann
    lewiann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    Sorry I have been gone. My name is Ann. I live in Pocatello Idaho. I have 6 grandkids. Married 36 years.. I'm excited to be in this challenge!
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer Everyone is my friend now :smiley:
  • HisStrengthCounselor
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer Everyone for team 6 is my friend now
  • GrandmaJackie
    Options
    lewiann wrote: »
    @MissionEnforcer
    Sorry I have been gone. My name is Ann. I live in Pocatello Idaho. I have 6 grandkids. Married 36 years.. I'm excited to be in this challenge!

Welcome to the team!!!!!!!!)
  • GrandmaJackie
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Things to remember:
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    » show previous quotes
    You have until next Sunday, October 23rd at 9:00 p.m. PDT to finish this week's challenges. The weekly spreadsheets will close at that time! There are no more challenges popping up during the week. This is it! :)

Also the challenges play a large part in the team score! You say is only 25 points but that's 525 extra points.

You guys are doing a fabulous job, taking that extra walk, going the extra 5 - 10 min for your workout, thank you!!!!!!!!

Gooo gooo team 6 <3:)<3
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    To ALL TEAMS: I have started to verify Challenge #1. What I am finding is that many people are leaving out the "brief description of where you live". Also, there are some people who are doing a great job, but aren't marking it on the spreadsheet. A few are claiming points, without making any post. I will try and finish tomorrow, as it seems most players have shown up.
  • scarletspy
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I've been accepted by @lewiann now (hi!) but still haven't been accepted by @suzieharmon2016 (@sth76). I've sent a request twice over the week.

That's me got everyone except @suzieharmon2016.

@MissionEnforcer
  • TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,988 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

Challenge # 1

1.Friend each of your teammates. If they don’t accept your request, try again. Make sure you put a heading in your request, such as “Amazing Race - Fall Fun!”, we are team mates! If after two tries over the course of the entire week, they do not reply, inform your Team Captain. YOU will NOT be penalized if you do not get an acceptance!Friends with all teammates!

2. Tag @MissionEnforcer Completed

3. State what town/province/state/country you are from and give a brief description of where you live (pictures are fun, but not necessary). Completed in previous posts, but I'll recap here.

I live in southwestern Ohio in a suburb of Dayton. It is a quiet town that is the definition of your typical suburbia. Everything you could ever want or need is within 10-20 minutes driving distance. Lots of small shops are within walking distance of our home as well. We only moved here 6 years ago, so we are still learning about the area and local events.
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    My husband gave me a "look" as I asked to borrow is drumsticks.....then I guess I made his day as he smile and chuckled as I did the drumming challenge. But that's OK, challenge 2 complete! (yeah, he's a drummer)
    scarletspy wrote: »
    I've been accepted by @lewiann now (hi!) but still haven't been accepted by @suzieharmon2016 (@sth76). I've sent a request twice over the week.

That's me got everyone except @suzieharmon2016.

@MissionEnforcer

Same here. Everyone befriended except @suzieharmon2016

working on the water challenge