What's everyone currently playing?

Options

Replies

• rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I went and got rise of iron. Been alternating between that, Mankind Divided, and Trails of cold steel 2. Sony's really shooting itself in the foot lately.
  • Oh_Simple_Man
    Oh_Simple_Man Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Been spending most of my time in Destiny: Rise of Iron and thinking about getting Gears 4.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Just finished the Enderal conversion for Skyrim. One of the absolute best mods I have ever played, for any game. Also knocked out The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, and am currently back to messing around with some old favorite ARPGs, like Torchlight, TL2, Titan Quest (the new Anniversary Edition fixed a lot of stuff), and Grim Dawn. Started Shadow of Mordor but meh, probably gonna refund it. Not really my thing.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Titan Quest (the new Anniversary Edition fixed a lot of stuff)

Yeah! I really enjoyed the pacing of that one, and all the mythology. The new Edition fixes were a really pleasant surprise too.

ARPGs: I recently finished the main Diablo 3 campaign for the first time and it was alright but... I didn't feel all that engaged, I guess. Like there's just not that much to the gameplay. Not sure if I should expect more, but I didn't feel that way about Titan Quest or Path of Exile. People seem to really like the expansion though, which I don't have yet.

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

Yeah! I really enjoyed the pacing of that one, and all the mythology. The new Edition fixes were a really pleasant surprise too.

ARPGs: I recently finished the main Diablo 3 campaign for the first time and it was alright but... I didn't feel all that engaged, I guess. Like there's just not that much to the gameplay. Not sure if I should expect more, but I didn't feel that way about Titan Quest or Path of Exile. People seem to really like the expansion though, which I don't have yet.

The expansion improved D3 a LOT. I quit vanilla D3 within a month. I sank over a year into it, off and on, since RoS came out. The seasons, like the ladder in D2 gave me a reason to keep going back. Bombard Sader too strong.
  • feisty_bucket
    Options

The expansion improved D3 a LOT. I quit vanilla D3 within a month. I sank over a year into it, off and on, since RoS came out. The seasons, like the ladder in D2 gave me a reason to keep going back. Bombard Sader too strong.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for the next sale then. In the meantime, I'll probably get into the Torchlight games next.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I've been playing Mario Kart 7. I've beaten the game, but you need 20,000 coins to unlock the gold kart, so I'm working on that.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I almost got Diablo 3 at gamestop's 4 for 20 sale but i don't want to deal with EA's BS always online security settings. It's bad enough i can't play DLC when my net or psn is down. I've got so many to finish now it's not funny and i got 12 more this week (it's good to have birthdays) lol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Picked up during a Steam sale the Witcher bundle. Witcher games 1, 2, and 3 for 30$ I also tried the demo of Euro Truck Simulator 2. It's a game where you are a truck driver transporting stuff from point A to B. Strangely simple gameplay that I found fun. I plan to get the full version whenever Steam has it on sale. Also while on the subject of addictive, I got on Steam a game called Game Dev Tycoon. It's really fun with it's simple SNES graphics and entertaining style of game. You are a game developer and the goal is to build a game studio from the ground up.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Two days out now and no one's mentioned Civ 6? Well I will, that's exactly what I'm currently playing. All day, all night....
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Playing Gears of War 4. It is actually the first Gears game I have played. I like playing Horde and the Campaign. Don't like the multiplayer much though. For that I still prefer Halo.
  • feisty_bucket
    Options
    EDollah wrote: »
    Two days out now and no one's mentioned Civ 6? Well I will, that's exactly what I'm currently playing. All day, all night....

Yeah? How are you liking it so far? That's a likely get for me someday, but I'm not in a hurry so will wait.

What I'm most excited about now is Battlefield 1! I've got about 7 hours left in my trial and have always enjoyed the series, but I'm hoping/waiting for a big Black Friday sale (as Origin's had previously). If it happens, I'll jump on that.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

Civ VI. All the way ^_^

Yeah? How are you liking it so far? That's a likely get for me someday, but I'm not in a hurry so will wait.

What I'm most excited about now is Battlefield 1! I've got about 7 hours left in my trial and have always enjoyed the series, but I'm hoping/waiting for a big Black Friday sale (as Origin's had previously). If it happens, I'll jump on that.

I'm enjoying it. It's like Civ V shinified, and with a lot of improvements; the barbarians are smarter, they've revamped government and culture as well as reworking the research tree, although I think they've kinda stuffed up religion a bit; with some AI's, they make it nearly impossible to get beyond the basic belief structure because of how you now access the great people. My husband still feels like the AI has to cheat to win in the higher difficulties rather than making the AI smarter.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Since Dead Rising 3 is only 10 dollars now, my hubby got it for us, so we will be playing that finally this weekend. Perfect way to celebrate Halloween.
  • brookensteen
    brookensteen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been playing a lot of Stardew Valley recently, followed by Niche: A Genetics Survival Game and my long-standing favorite, The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (technically Afterbirth since I bought the DLC lol)
  • CDXJade
    CDXJade Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dark Souls (Prepare to Die) is my main active game rn while dropping in and out of Portal 2, Prison Architect, Battleblock Theatre (with a game like Dark Souls you need something light to play on the side lol)
  • CDXJade
    CDXJade Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just finished the Enderal conversion for Skyrim. One of the absolute best mods I have ever played, for any game. Also knocked out The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, and am currently back to messing around with some old favorite ARPGs, like Torchlight, TL2, Titan Quest (the new Anniversary Edition fixed a lot of stuff), and Grim Dawn. Started Shadow of Mordor but meh, probably gonna refund it. Not really my thing.

Saw the beginning of an Enderal play through on youtube. Looked more like a horror game with the cut scenes. Very impressive to have changed it so drastically. I'm looking forward to playing the special edition which I got for free. Gonna wait 6 months or so for modders to catch up with it.
  • xDesertxRatx
    xDesertxRatx Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Currently The Division. Just finished invited testing on Ghost Recon: Wildlands.
  • thehexenbiest
    thehexenbiest Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My life is complete because I can finally play Skyrim! <3
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    I love Skyrim! I'm just running through X Com 2 again.