TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I should put in some good miles today. In addition to my run, my classes will be outside all day walking around hunting stuffed condors. Which means I will be walking around all day making sure that all they are doing is hunting stuffed condors :-)

I went camping up near the California Condor Reserve outside of Ojai earlier this year. Never saw any condors, stuffed or otherwise, but I'm sure they were out there somewhere! Good luck keeping everyone on task! ;)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    That drumming stuff was harder than I was expecting. I think I really got into it and went crazy when I made up my own routine. Glad we didn't have to film ourselves doing it. I bet I looked like an idiot. I was a little sore from using my muscles in ways I wasn't used to, so my normal mountain biking routine was really sad this morning. I had to tell my husband to go on without me because I was lagging so badly! What normally takes me 75 minutes took 90 today. I guess that's a good thing since it mean more mileage for the team!

Not even noon and I've already gotten my water done 5/5 days!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Raasy wrote: »
    I should put in some good miles today. In addition to my run, my classes will be outside all day walking around hunting stuffed condors. Which means I will be walking around all day making sure that all they are doing is hunting stuffed condors :-)

umm what? what is it that you do that you hunt "stuffed condors" that just made me laugh.

I teach high school AP / IB environmental science. Counting it as exercise because I have logged over 5 miles just supervising the kids as they wonder all over our campus (campus is a little less than a square mile).
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Got my water in! Do we need to tag anyone for it to count! I will do my drumming tomorrow! I believe it was said the drumming will count towards our minutes?
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Got my water in! Do we need to tag anyone for it to count! I will do my drumming tomorrow! I believe it was said the drumming will count towards our minutes?

Not need to tag on the water, just put your points in the spreadsheet. And yes, please time your drumming because it counts!!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    When you are good all day but the horrible stressful week catches up with you at the same time you buy the kids pizza for dinner
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    When you are good all day but the horrible stressful week catches up with you at the same time you buy the kids pizza for dinner

Oh no!! I get it though. I succumb to those feelings a little lately, but so far this week, have managed to be better behaved, some how. Some times it has been relatively easy and others it has been a crazy struggle to not cave.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Great job everyone is doing. I was trying to keep up on all the posts today but was having a hard time. It was already going to be a busy day today but not too long after getting to work I found out our family had an update on the legal process regarding my nephew being killed by another driver on April 1st this year. It has been a long 6+ months of waiting and we finally have some forward movement, so needless to say, I was out of sorts and plenty distracted today. I've taken on the role right now of being the family go between to get updates etc and so spent lots of time back and forth with the family and the victims advocate. I ended up skipping my lunchtime gym...again... :o ... So I'm hoping next week is better. Planning on treating tomorrow as a normal work day, so I hope to get up and workout. Cross your fingers! Lol. I will be completing my water goal today...technically have if I use this mornings weight to figure, but I will drink more just to make sure it counts...but that's just because I'm weird. :)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Also team, not sure if you all check the Q&A thread or not, but there was a little back & forth in there today regarding what you should and should not count towards your miles/minutes. It might be useful to take a peak at it but make sure to read all the responses before jumping to any conclusions. The biggest thing I think to take from it is you will have to be the ultimate decider of what you think should count for you.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    So glad to have the weekend off. Lost another # since Monday. Got my 5th day of water goal met. 65 minutes of exercise in after 9 hour workday. Lucky to have husband who made supper for himself and respite client and did the laundry. I do feel my energy levels are improving but my muscles are definitely feeling the extra exercise I'm doing after being on my feet most of my work day. Boys went to football game so I'm enjoying the quiet house then to bed early as I'll be watching 1 year old grandson for the weekend. Goodnight Team 2 Beat! I'm really enjoying this adventure. :)
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tougher for eating... stay strong team 2 beat, we can doit !
  • Annampea
    Annampea Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    I live in southern Illinoislti5atk0oa4n.jpg
    outside of St. Louis. I love watching the leaves turn colors in the fall and the more mild winters we experience. I am including a picture from my summer visit to Cahokia Mounds, we were on top of the largest mound when I snapped the photo. I have lived here for over 20 years and have been raising my two kids here along with my husband.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    @Annampea- pretty pic. I learned a bit about the Cahokia Mounds right before I moved here in 93 and thought I'd for sure for check it out and still haven't. :( Is it pretty neat?
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    @Forest91, @kb13sport, and @motivatedsister - please, if you have a few minutes this weekend, tag Mission Enforcer and right a short little description of where you live. I'm pretty sure we have all the friend requests taken care of, so that should not take too long and it's a quick 10 points. Every point counts, a little bit ago we were in 3rd (just moved up to 2nd), but the space between places 2, 3, 4, and 5 were 10 points each at that time. Please take a few minutes to help us out. <3
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Also, on the water challenge, once you've reached it, please add your points and if you get to the point where you know you will not get the points, please put a 0. I obsessively count up the potential points we still might get from the challenges vs what the 1st place team has the potential for, so updated information helps tremendously. :)
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone is doing. I was trying to keep up on all the posts today but was having a hard time. It was already going to be a busy day today but not too long after getting to work I found out our family had an update on the legal process regarding my nephew being killed by another driver on April 1st this year. It has been a long 6+ months of waiting and we finally have some forward movement, so needless to say, I was out of sorts and plenty distracted today. I've taken on the role right now of being the family go between to get updates etc and so spent lots of time back and forth with the family and the victims advocate. I ended up skipping my lunchtime gym...again... :o ... So I'm hoping next week is better. Planning on treating tomorrow as a normal work day, so I hope to get up and workout. Cross your fingers! Lol. I will be completing my water goal today...technically have if I use this mornings weight to figure, but I will drink more just to make sure it counts...but that's just because I'm weird. :)

I'm so sorry for your loss. You are truly grace under pressure. Peace and love to you and your family.
  • sabreena86
    sabreena86 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    @lbenson2006
    Losing someone of the family is so hard , i'm sorry for that .. God bless his soul and rest him in peace , Peace and love to you all
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Stopping by from Team Five to offer some encouragement for everyone!

So I was doing my Saturday morning kpop fangirl thing when I came across this YouTube video of 40 toughest kpop dances (fan made, so my opinion was different).

https://youtu.be/59fwEoHmX5I

Some of the dancers look like they're weightless at how fast they move their feet.

I read an article about the rigorous kpop training industry. If you notice in interviews, the idols are very humble and grateful that they get to do their passion. And this is why:

In Korea, musicians are not 'discovered' like they are around the world. They first audition as a young teen, even so far as 12 years old for one member from BigBang.
    Once they pass the audition, they sign with a label as a 'trainee'. They then practice relentlessly dancing, singing, and acting for an average of 2-5 years before they're even allowed to debut. One member of Beast spent 7 years before his debut.

They can be cut at anytime, perform weekly for the president of the label, and are criticized constantly to weed out the 'weaklings'. The emotionally strong and determined continue to train until finally being allowed a debut.

They leave their families at an early age and move to Seoul to pursue their dreams.

After reading about how hard an entire group of people will work to obtain their dream, and even knowing over 72% will never even debut in their life, what are you going to do today to achieve your goals?

Nothing is unobtainable in life. You want to be a king? Form a monarchy.
    You want to play soccer in England? Start dribbling a ball at the park.

Make a goal, form a plan, find your passion, and do it.

Have a great day everyone.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Thanks @My_Butt . I had not heard of kpop dancing. The information you have given is quite fascinating and inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing across the team threads. Have a great day!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Water challenge done that was an easy one for me as I always drink more than 1/2 my body weight . 128 oz everyday for me
    Power yoga & piYo done 1 hr walk done and it's only 1030 am here in cali
    Hope everyone has a productive day Team 2 is killing it good job