The Obesity Code and Radical Acceptance

Options

Replies

• Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yoga is awesome! If you'd like to try some Yoga exercises at home look for "Yoga for the rest of us" by Peggy Cappy. It's nice and gentle. I'll use it when my sciatica is back talking me and it helps a lot.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about "yoga for the rest of us" @Catawampous .
  • Roseygirl1
    Roseygirl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes, thanks for the tip, @Catawampous! I was thinking walking home from the studio that I would like to feel this way every day.

Tomorrow: big leap---two laps around the neighborhood, a 50 min. walk.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Glad you're finding something you enjoy @Roseygirl1. Youtube has oodles of yoga and stretch videos if you get an urge to do something at home.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about "yoga for the rest of us" @Catawampous .

@dasher602014 I found a copy on clearance at Half Price Books on DVD for $1.
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of yoga too. :)
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    As someone who works at a school, I can tell you that kids, for the most part, will not eat fruit or veggies and many don't even know what to call them. If the meat option looks processed, like chicken nuggets, they will eat that over a piece of baked chicken. Kids don't know what real food is anymore. We have a free breakfast and lunch program and it's incredible to see the wasted food!
  • Catawampous
    Options
    Hmmmm ... has anyone heard from Rosey?
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm ... has anyone heard from Rosey?

I've been wondering too
  • kpk54
    Options
    That makes 3. @Roseygirl1 we're missing you.
  • Catawampous
    Options
    OMG welcome back! I missed your posts! I am glad it was just you trying a different way of eating. I can see the appeal of doing that and trying. Very glad you are back though and with a valuable lesson and a bit of enlightenment on how important you are!
  • Roseygirl1
    Options
    OMG welcome back! I missed your posts! I am glad it was just you trying a different way of eating. I can see the appeal of doing that and trying. Very glad you are back though and with a valuable lesson and a bit of enlightenment on how important you are!

Awwwwww, thank you*

• dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Nope. @Roseygirl1 , I have looked. No skinny cows in my neck of the woods! Glad to hear from you again. I did a similar silliness.

You have to understand (or at least hear my excuse), I was away from home for a week, then home for one night and now away from home, babysitting animals for friends, for another week. Tired, needless to say. So...... we came early to get used to the routine and Chinese food was chosen for the first night. My DH (diabetic) was involved in the choosing of dishes so there were a number of 'plain' meat dishes and veggie dishes (I know, I know). He managed quite well but me?

Well, I am the one trying to understand that I am gluten intolerant not lactose intolerance. I avoided all the breading stuff and ate veggies. But 2 -36 hours later, I have never felt so awful for so long. Terrible evening of pain and no sleep. Still unsettled. I am convinced. NO CHINESE FOOD EVERY AGAIN! A difficult lesson of another kind but the same lesson really. Stick to good, wholesome, home cooked meals. Pizza would have been better but I was lactose intolerant last time they saw me (and for years before that) so they were trying to choose with me in mind.

Visiting is fraught with peril.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Roseygirl1 wrote: »

I need to think every morning about the things *I* need to keep my equilibrium and equanimity so that I can nurture a healthier internal state for my precious body. Things I KNOW help me: outdoor walks, dance classes, massage (heavenly!) and meditation.

Me too. Walks in nature and dancing are two kinds of exercise that have as much to do with peace and satisfaction as they do with fitness.

• kpk54
    Options
    Yay! Glad you're back and back stronger with valuable lessons.

I've done my share of "testing" on my chosen path of keto. I have a bag of coconut flour sitting in the back of my refrigerator. It is even Keto, so good, yes? NO. It only took me one use of it in making a 1 minute mug cake to find out keto sweets can be just as "addictive" as non keto sweets...for me.

High 5 to lessons, choices, health and love.

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    We're glad you're back!
    Thanks for sharing the experience too. It's all part of the journey. Sometimes we just need to test the water I guess.
    It was a good learning opportunity, therefore an important part of your low carb life.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Glad you're back! And thank you for sharing your experience...I've had a few glum days of bemoaning my limitations and really wanting sweet things.
  • Roseygirl1
    Options
    I just want to say I ate a delicious dinner. Zoodles cooked in butter and garlic, and Garlic Knot Chicken Wings. Totally yummy.