TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @120maggie Great photo!
    @celtikgirl @aenglehardt347 Yes when you start lifting you will be sore, very sore. It gets better, I promise. Though there will still be workouts when you will feel sore after, it's not as bad as it is when you first start out. And it is soooooo worth it in the long run!

Just an easy swim for me today. I think the combination of lifting and kickboxing last night has totally kicked my *kitten*! I was sooo tired today. And I just wanted to eat all day long - but I didn't. I have prelogged two glasses of wine, and still have about 200 calories left to play with for an evening snack.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer finished my squats today. And did videos 1 & 3 again today. I worked the squats into my lunch walk. I may do more of them on a regular basis. Definetely makes me feel the burn. I made up for being a slacker yesterday. Work is slow so I did laps around the warehouse all afternoon. Out of sight out of mind!! No one was the wiser. I have 2 more days of staying under to make the challenge points. I'm supposed to get together with my ladies for cards tomorrow night. Maybe I'll drink water!! or limit myself to just one. I'm not going to blow the challenge on a night of drinking.
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hey, look! I'm here! And I can still type! I'm not as bad off as I thought I would be, but the raijo whatever was a little more challenging today than yesterday. I'm glad to hear it will get better. They have the class on Monday and Wednesdays, so I will try to include both in my routine. I only put ten pounds on the bar because I didn't have a clue what I was in for. I'll stick with that for a few tries until I see what else I can do. I'm such a wimp!

I went to bed somewhere in the 8th inning last night, but put the game on the TV in the bedroom. I dozed off and woke up during the rain delay and erroneously thought it was all over, dozed again and woke up just in time to see the celebrations at the end. I'm happy for the Cubs, and will now continue to dream of the day when the Bills make it to the superbowl. Just one before I die!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Maybe a slower start to the week, team, but I'm sure we've got it in us to have a good end to it! Tomorrow is Friday already! And it's my birthday! For gifts, I will take you dedicated exercise minutes for the team <3

Today was busy at work so no chance to sneak anything in until after. I did my rajio taiso videos - those middle school students do a much more rigorous set than the everyday set. I'm trying to memorize the sequence and I don't quite have it yet. I did these with my pre-run stretches and added on 25 squats.

Challenge update: 4/7 days with the rajio taiso, 100/140 squats, and 3/7 days with being under calorie goals.

Speaking of being under calories, I had enough for a nice after-dinner treat which I just finished - it was pumpkin spice kettle corn! Delicious! I think I picked it up at Wegman's (grocery store) when it was displayed right by the checkouts and I was hungry. Turns out to be a tasty treat.

Have a great night everyone.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,936 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic happy birthday!!!! :) what a great wish. Of course I will dedicate some more time and team minutes in your honor. I was very light today. Exhausted after up with the game and my foot is still bothering me but its getting better. @mamaelf2008 great job having a plan for your ladies night. One night is so not worth your great week. @celtikgirI googled body pump to see if there is a class near me. I need to work on building muscle too. I recently took a bodysculpting class and was disappointed that I wasn't sore afterwards . it was a group that was more interested in chatting than working out!! Tomorrow is Friday and time to party in Japan. Hot baths again? Saki? Let's finish this leg!! Almost there!!!
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I exercised tonight by coming home to rake the yard with my hubby :neutral: garbage gets picked up tomorrow with recycling so we wanted to get as much as we could out to the curb. Sad but we will be doing this for the next 8 weeks:( at least for 2 hours at a time. The leaves hold on for awhile with our trees but the neighbors blow into our yard. @MissionEnforcer I finished the whole week under my calorie goal so far and did the videos. I will be out of town camping the next few days but will post as I can
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @TamiJo1004 hope you feel better soon! I know there is a lot of crud going around :/ maybe some of my raking minutes will help the team, I was complaining that I was roasting out there and getting sweaty because it was a little humid :s Fall weather never can tell the outcome
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    We've made it!
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @katharmonic
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys but it's going to be a rest day for me today. But I have the squats done and will finish the videos.
    @katharmonic Happy Birthday!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @katharmonic! Hope you have a great day! I still have some birthday cake here so I'll have a piece in your honor (and I'll dedicate my golf time to you!)

@celtikgirl -glad you like body pump! We have classes here but the times just don't work with my schedule so I've only been a couple of times. It's a good change of pace from my regular lifting and I like adding it occasionally.

@aenblehardt-we don't have fall down here like up north but in February all the live oaks dump their leaves (and pollen!) at the same time and it's crazy how many leaves (and pollen!!) there is. I don't envy you that workout but raking leaves IS most definitely a workout! I need to do some hard work this weekend and you'd better believe I'll be counting those minutes.

And speaking of DOMS, I lifted yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks and holy cats! I need to do some videos a few times or I won't be able to swing a club! So @hawkins410 -can we go to a spa before clubbing tonight? I need a massage and a soak then I'll be able to dance!

I will finish 2 challenges tomorrow (videos and squats) I'm at 3 days on the videos and 110 squats.

Happy Friday team!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,936 Member
    Options

@katharmonic Your cake is ready!!

cdidghlf0pxk.jpg
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Finished my squat challenge. Will finish my Rajio tasio tomorrow and hopefully under calorie challenge tomorrow. I didn't log or do the videos yesterday.
  • dtplow
    dtplow Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Love the spa!! Lots of leaf raking this weekend, so I will need it,
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes! <3

@120maggie I love my cake! So beautiful.
    @hawkins410 the spa looks gorgeous. Starting up those stairs now! And love the birthday challenge... <3:)<3

In that spirit, I finished two challenges this morning - the 5 days of rajio taiso are done and the 140 squats are done! I also went for a run and did some stretching and the squats while watching the video of Kyoto. So pretty!

I won't be able to finish challenge 3 today as I'm only at 3/7 so far, but hopefully I'll get there after today and tomorrow. I do plan to have some good food for my birthday but will try to also have plenty of exercise calories so I can hopefully stay within goal.

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    dtplow wrote: »
    I think this is sooo pretty! :)
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just got around to updating the sheet! I've completed the videos and the squat challenge :-) keep up the good work team
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Happy Birthday!

@Mission Enforcer - Rajio is done today! I will have five days within my calorie limit tomorrow.

I wish one could make salad out of something less salady and still keep the calorie count down. I'm getting really tired of lettuce. I wish anything that was called salad actually counted - like macaroni salad, or fried chicken salad, or one of those marshmallow, jello and tub of cool whip concoctions. I would happily eat all of those!

My scale was evil this morning and I nearly tossed it out the window - but that isn't very satisfying when you live in a one story rancher. I am disappointed, but will just keep plowing forward.

Planning to sneak out of work a little early this afternoon to go pick up my race packet for Sunday. I was too cheap to have them mail my bib, somehow I figured it would be easy enough to run to Annapolis to pick it up. So, 100 mile round trip in rush hour should be a million times better than paying an extra $15. I have been told that this is a classic rookie mistake, along with reporting an honest estimate of my mile pace and getting put in the last wave. It will still be fun!

Ok, back to work.