Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

TEAM ONE

hawkins410
hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
edited October 2016 in Social Groups
Welcome to the "Amazing Race - Fall Fun!" Your Team Co-Captains are @120maggie & @mswanger09!

We hope you have a fun filled
eight weeks!

:)

Replies

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Hello Everyone,

Welcome Back team 1 and those of you that are new welcome to team 1. Mauli
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Hello,
    I am new but very excited to get to participate. I know a few of my fellow members Aggie, Lisa and Theresa. I hope to get to know the rest of you!
    Tami
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Did you say dog lover? I think you might find some good company here. Congrats on the half. Not an easy task.

I'll do a better intro later... just good to be back.

Good to see so many returning players. Our expectations are high... particularly since we are #1!
  • LeoLivingByDesign
    LeoLivingByDesign Posts: 90 Member
    Nice to be back and excited to get going. It's going to be fun!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,113 Member
    Welcome @TamiJo1004 and @katharmonic. I will be sending you friend requests. Usually one of the first week's steps is to friend each other. So glad we have so many familiar teammates and lots of names I recognize on the other teams. Once others start logging into the thread I will follow @vowder 's lead and do an introduction. Just want to get one thing out there - GO INDIANS!!! Two games ahead into the AL Championship. Looking towards the world series!!! :) Go Tribe---- Jodi (Maggie of the 120maggie is my black lab, but I answer to Maggie too) :D
  • TamiJo1004
    edited October 2016
    More about me I have been a MFP member since March 2015. I am 4'10" (short!) I am happily married (most days!) I have 2 children: Daylon-12, Kadence-8. We also have been raising my nephew, Braxxen, who will be 3 in December. When I started I lost real well and as within 10 lbs of my goal weight when we got my nephew and started having family drama. I am now 10 lbs lighter than when I started originally. I have my new Fitbit and I am ready to have fun and lose weight.
    I also love my doggies. I have a 12 year old sheltie and a 4 year old chihuahua.
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    I'm here! Sorry I've been AWOL for a while - this is a busy time of year at work, long days and long weeks. I'll hold off on the re-introduction until everyone is here, but I'm really looking forward to this.

Congrats to Kat on your first, and maybe last, half marathon. I walked my first one a year ago and somehow got conned into doing it again, so I'm off to Cocoa Beach on Thursday for the Cocoa Beach Half on Sunday. I hope I'm ready. I hope my knees will last 13.1 miles, and I hope they don't roll up the finish line before I get there!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Great to see the new faces. Will write more tomorrow. Just getting home from a Halloween party!! Sleepy time for mama!!
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Ohhhhhhhh I forgot my joke a lillte naughty but hey so the new one can't forget me :D

Mommy, what were you doing bouncing on Daddy's stomach last night?" "I have to do that, or Daddy's belly gets very fat. Bouncing keeps him skinny." "That's not going to work." "Why not?" "Because the babysitter keeps blowing him back up again."

vqh31mf31txw.jpg

• mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Hi everyone!!!! I am one of the captains for this team. I am looking forward to getting going. I have been slacking lately and some of my weight seemed to have found its way back.

@120maggie, while they are currently my preference for taking it all, I am still a wee bit cranky about how they got there.

I will write more later when I have some more time.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Good morning new friends and old.

I'll admit I've been in a slump lately. Really got lazy since the summer race ended. I've gained 5lbs since we were at the closing ceremonies in Rio. Although I wasn't going to sign up for the fall race because of my daughter getting married in Nov. and I'll be away for 7 days, I found myself missing the race and fun time I had. This is hopefully what will give me that kick in the butt I need to get myself active again.

I've been with MFP since May 31, 2015. I've lost 54.5lbs I still want to lose another 20lbs before I decide if I'm done and ready to maintain. I'm married to my best friend for 27yrs. and are empty nesters. Our youngest daughter moved out in August. Nothing really different for us without her living with us (although my upstairs has never been cleaner) We keep busy with our 3 german shepherds and 5 cats. This summer I had a bumper crop of tomatoes (for my growing season which is shorter with living on the shores of Lake Michigan) I got to can some spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes and corn/black bean salsa. We'll be set for the winter now.

I really enjoy Leslie Sansone workouts, riding the treadmill and taking walks in the great outdoors (a plus being on the lakeshore).

I can't wait to reconnect with the old members of Team 1 and get to know the new members. This is a real fun group that may tow the line at times with the conversations ;) but its all in fun. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face when the bantering gets going. Oh yeah, and just an FYI to the new members we like to gather at the local 'watering hole' when we hit each destination and ogle the bartenders.

I'll be sending out friend requests for all my teammembers. Can't wait to see what tomorrows challenges will bring!!!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,532 Member
    So I thought we were starting off in prison when I saw leaving from Leavenworth! I've been bad since the end of the last season but didn't think it was prison worthy!

Welcome to the new members-friends from Hogwarts and Biggest Loser as well as the folks I don't know yet. This is a really fun challenge and our team totally ruled last season! That means we have to hit it hard right off the bat because looking at the team rosters there are some serious competitors on those other teams and I want to win again!

My name is Angie. I'm 53, married for 25 years, 2 kids in college who are polar opposites in temperament, looks and life goals. The younger one causes lots of stress that's for sure! We also have an incredibly hyper chocolate lab named Bailey. I've been on MFP since August 2010. I lost 28 lbs and hit my goal weight in April 2011. Then vacations happened and 5 lbs came back. Then life went off the rails and another 5 lbs came back. Then life went off the deep end, fell off a cliff and got run over by a bus and menopause hit and 20 lbs came back. (You do the math-I weigh more now than when I started!!). Life is getting better though. I've had an amazing year of travel with more on the way and I want to get some of this pudge gone. I doubt I'll ever get back to my 2011 weight but as long as I can fit in most of my clothes I'd be happy. I haven't been on the scale lately because I'm trying not to let that drive my emotions and I've been doing a new lifting program. But it's always about the food for me so I think I will have to dust off the scale and re-shift my exercise priorities again.

For all you new folks-this challenge is fun but it IS supposed to challenge you, not everybody likes the dancing videos (@vowder and @ka97 looking at you!) but please do try them-they are worth a lot of points to the team! Also, modify any exercise challenges to your fitness/injury levels. If you have any questions our amazing leaders are very responsive as well as your teammates.

Can't wait to see where we are going first and I'll see you all in the bar! (And doesn't it figure-I'm going on a "real" trip on Wednesday so need to get as much done as possible before I leave!)
  • hawkins410
    edited October 2016
    Hello Team #1! It's so great to be back with "the gang"! I have gained 9 (yes, I did the math correctly, 9!) pounds since the Summer Heat Challenge ended! I didn't have anyone else to be accountable to, and was too lazy to be accountable to myself! :o
    So I plan to really get my exercise minutes up there and my weight down there! My favorite choices of exercise are hiking with my Golden Retriever, Tara, and Zumba, which is also our teammate @ka97's favorite. :D
    I'm wickedly short, 4'9", so every pound seems to really make a difference! I've been married for 17 years and Tara is our third fur baby. And she is spoiled rotten! ;)

Welcome to our new teammates!! @AlethaMary, @ashleereign, @GSXRGIRL61, @katharmonic, @TamiJo1004, and @tonilogan...it is so fun to have you aboard! You'll find we are the craziest, yet most competitive team! It's all about having fun and trying new things! :)

I found a nice little cabin in Leavenworth where we can bunk down tonight while waiting for the race to begin. Anyone care to join me?
    15%2B-%2B1
  • Grandmaelf2008
    You know I'm in!! Care if I bring my shepherds?! Looks like I could run them tired there!
  • hawkins410
    You know I'm in!! Care if I bring my shepherds?! Looks like I could run them tired there!
    Of course it is pet friendly!! :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,532 Member
    Oh I bet I could actually wear sweaters and boots there! Still wearing shorts and flip flops here. And sweating like a beast I might add!
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Yes I will be there to althoug I first go to cardbugfan to enjoy the sun for a few hours :D
  • TamiJo1004
    Am totally in! So can you give me a little more info on what all this entails? Dance videos? I know there is extra challenges but then every minute of exercise counts as a mile? So if I take a 30 minute walk before work and a 45 minute walk after work I have 75 miles that day? I am extremely competitive looks like I am going to fit right in!