TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @cardbucfan, based on some of our antics during the last race, surprised we didn't end up in jail! Lol

To the newbies, welcome. You have joined the most fun team around. We get a little wild and a little crazy but we get our challenges done and our workout minutes in. I could ask for a better team. Some of us are two time defending champions, so we have a bullseye on is, but we handled the pressure last race and no reason we can't this time around.

Ok, @MissionEnforcer, this is for you.

I am Melissa, 36, from Reading, PA. We are pretty close to Philadelphia and Baltimore which makes day trips fun and easy. We can also be to the Atlantic coast in about 3-4 hours. I am married, and in fact today is our anniversary, 7 years. The high here today is supposed to be 80, which is 42 degrees warmer than our actual wedding day! Yes, we froze. This is my 3rd amazing race challenge and I am looking forward to getting back on track. I haven't worked out since just before Labor Day. YIKES! Thankfully on 6 pounds found their way back, but my clothes still fit so that makes me happy.

And for those who were around last time, I had a 2 week vacation, in between being laid off and landing a new job! The learning everything for my new job was mentally exhausting and that didn't help me in my workout and good eating habits. But things have settled down here so I need to get cracking!

I think I sent out friend requests to everyone I needed to, if I missed someone, send me a request.

And as a bonus:

tg8mn6hyvj2n.png
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »

Reader's Digest Version: Old, pudgy, Bills Fan living in Maryland, in need of a beer and like minded friends.

Best answer ever! I love it!!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,428 Member
    Options
    @celtikgirl -hilarious answer!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer - friend requests have been sent, still awaiting a few acceptances!

A bit about where I live, a year ago today we moved to our little piece of heaven in rural Ontario Canada....to be specific Ratho, Ontario, Canada. There are 6 houses and a church all surrounded by fields and farms. We have a half acre that looks out over a field usually with cows hanging out at our fence with our two dogs.

I am 35 years old and this past summer married my husband (finally after living together for 11 years) at the church in our little hamlet followed by a reception in our backyard. I work as an Accident Benefits Adjuster, so lots of time spent sitting at a desk. Since the wedding two months ago I have been very lazy and not really working out, so need this push to get back on track.

We have two pups, an 11 year old Mia and our new dog Harper 1.5 years old (also responds to Hyper, Gremlin and Monkey Butt). We had to put Mia's sister Nikki down very suddenly 2 days after the wedding, it has been hard to get out for runs without her.

Some photos of our little piece of heaven, our flower girl nieces trying to get the cows to visit, Mia and Harper and our Nikki enjoying some cow attention.
    7wtp931r8v8u.jpgrnnbetl7t3sm.jpg
    jke864u96eap.jpg

jag2cxerozsq.jpg
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer - My name is Mauli pronounced as Molly. I have been joining this challenge since January of this year and these challenges have given me really good reason to be motivated through out the journed. I am originally from India came to U.S. in 1990 which I call it FOB (fresh off the boat) LOL. Now I reside in Chicago with my family, I have been married for 16 years with an American guy. I have two kids my son is Chris who is 15 years old and my daughter is Katelyn who is 7 years old. I work for Subway Sandwiches as a Field Consultant basically we do inspections for Subway restaurants kind of like health inspection but more towards Subway standards. By profession I am a computer programmer.

yul8d20uptxo.jpg

76q3ov33e6w7.jpg

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Introduction challenge completed

Sended requested to the new team members. completed
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    7years-776x600.jpg

HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY
    @mswanger09!
    I adore your beautiful wedding picture!! <3
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    8fpcjqffx4ae.png

Look at us team what a fanatstic start of the week and what a nice pictures.
    mswanger09 happy wedding anniversary girl enjoy your day.
    I'm really passed out so it will be early bed for me.
    So goodnight

1ntjmg4nnkto.gif

• Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    @TamiJo1004 I put a comment in the cell as I fill out the spreadsheet. That way I don't forget about entering the minutes and it prevents me from double entering as well.

Some other people do that as well. You really out to check out what @wolvinnetje did today. Seriously impressive.

Game on!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    @vowder your dogs are so adorable and you have such a beautiful property!
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    I have accepted and sent friend requests. I have 2 not answered yet!
    I have already introduced myself!
    You all live in beautiful places. I am from Western Oklahoma (Tornado Country.) Small town called Sayre. 2 hours Away from Oklahoma City!
    I enjoy walking and LS workouts!
    Happy Anniversary @mswanger09
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    Oh and I have drank 9 cups of water today!
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    ABOUT CHALLENGE #1:Make sure all of the requirements have been met. All Teams have 21 players; some probably haven't shown up yet. Trying to "friend" them twice means over the period of the week, not the same day and not before the game started (which is today, Monday). There is no need to send a request to anyone who is already a "friend".

The purpose of this challenge is to start bonding as a team, get to know all of your team members and to get comfortable posting on your team’s thread. Until I can verify that everyone who's going to show up has done so, and enough time has passed to realistically establish those connections, points claimed for this challenge will not be verified. Unverified Points show up as "Red" until accepted. Once accepted they will turn "Black" and the points will appear in the "Totals" column.

Your post should be made on your particular team’s thread and needs to have @MissionEnforcer appear somewhere within that post (tagging). In this case just stick @MissionEnforcer (no spaces) by itself at the top of your post, or use it in a sentence (uh...maybe not). It doesn't show up as an E-Mail, but instead as a notification on my site.

NOTE: THIS POST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE DIRECTED TOWARD ANYONE PERSONALLY, AND IS BEING PLACED ON ALL TEAM THREADS. No puppies were harmed by the writing of this post!

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Happy anniversary @mswanger09
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    @TamiJo1004 lucky you!! I have to drink 12!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    If I counted right I have 2 friends to accept yet then the gangs all here.
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    I wasn't supposed to do all 3 Viking chants in one night huh? :o