TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I put up some bigger numbers today! I see that several people did. We've moved up a couple of places. Keep it up!

OMG, so tired after my running group workout tonight. I was not prepared to do a 45-minute tempo run workout coming off my rest week after my HM. Legs are protesting this treatment. I also walked Stella twice and did a walk at lunch today so got the steps and minutes up there. And had plenty of water - over 11 cups.

I did not get to the drumming stuff, so I am penciling that in for tomorrow. Hopefully I won't put it off and have to do it in my hotel room in VT. My fellow hotel guests may not appreciate that level of enthusiasm.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    J3YkdzQ0y9VdUC7YhPlatNmGv119rQog_lg.jpg

I totally agree!!! Come on team dig deep down and let's turn this around!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    z3dnzpjda4kw.png
    Go team go!!!!!!!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    ^^^^ @mamaelf2008: You got it! :D
    I just finished up the chanting and drumming!! :) Started this morning with a big bed backrest set up on a bar stool as my middle drum, and a soccer ball in one basket and a volleyball in a pot. It worked great! I chose the "make your own routine" and loved doing it to the "Jungle Drum" song from the intro video. It was so fun! I'm going to keep my setup and do more tomorrow!
    10 points for Team #1!! :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Today is going to be a pretty low number for me. We are driving to Savannah today after hubby has his post cancer follow up appointment. So my day will consist of sitting in a doctors office for 2 hours. Driving 5 hours (while sitting!). Going out to dinner and sitting! We do plan to go to a museum, walk around the historic district and we are walking to dinner so that's something. I won't get my water in today either. That driving 5 hours isn't conducive to chugging my usual water amount! Tomorrow will be a little better as we drive up to Charleston then do the Fort Sumter tour and walk around the historic district of Charleston but Friday and Saturday should be really big numbers. That's when I'm gonna finish the videos, lift weights and I have walking tours scheduled for both days.

Let's do this team! I don't like eating everybody's dust!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,010 Member
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    Today is going to be a pretty low number for me. We are driving to Savannah today after hubby has his post cancer follow up appointment. So my day will consist of sitting in a doctors office for 2 hours. Driving 5 hours (while sitting!). Going out to dinner and sitting! We do plan to go to a museum, walk around the historic district and we are walking to dinner so that's something. I won't get my water in today either. That driving 5 hours isn't conducive to chugging my usual water amount! Tomorrow will be a little better as we drive up to Charleston then do the Fort Sumter tour and walk around the historic district of Charleston but Friday and Saturday should be really big numbers. That's when I'm gonna finish the videos, lift weights and I have walking tours scheduled for both days.

Good luck with Dr visits. I know that waiting for Dr. routine with my husband too. His appointments are usually at the Cleveland clinic. 14 stories at the heart center so I climb stairs. Helps distract me.!!!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @cardbucfan: Good luck with the doc's appt. That's awesome how you are so aware of your exercising, even while on vacation! :) Yep, drinking while driving could be a bit of a problem! :D
  • hawkins410
    edited October 2016
    Options

Let's get drumming team! We are getting our butts kicked in Challenge #2!

CqtBrRgUEAAX-6f.jpg
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Goodmornin/afternoon my sweet mfp friends

q6lbewc6rtxv.jpg

How is everybody? are there plans to fill in the drums challenge for today? we are climbing a little bit but still far behind after Team 2 and Team 5 and the huge difference is that they only have more points in the challenge.
    So put your pots and pans out of the closet make a face that your worst enemy will be afraid of and drum that thing.
    Believe me after it you feel really out of anger and you can laugh real hard about yourself.

Have much fun today and enjoy the wednesday
    xxxx

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I finish up the drum routine tonight! I have done it in portions each night. I am done with step 1 & 2. I plan on finishing 3 tonight!
    We can do this!
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    I finish up the drum routine tonight! I have done it in portions each night. I am done with step 1 & 2. I plan on finishing 3 tonight!
    We can do this!

You are doing so great ....you are really back on track
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »

Good luck with the doctors appt!!!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Half way done with my water for today. Planning on doing some drumming tonight!!! Lets keep going Team 1!!!!
  • hawkins410
    Options
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,297 Member
    Options
    Do we have to have the drumming done immediately or can it wait till the weekend? Is this about the team that gets the leg done the fastest? I'm going for between 180 and 200 minutes per day, but I may not be able to drum until Friday or Saturday.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    GSXRGIRL61 wrote: »
    Do we have to have the drumming done immediately or can it wait till the weekend? Is this about the team that gets the leg done the fastest? I'm going for between 180 and 200 minutes per day, but I may not be able to drum until Friday or Saturday.

That's awesome that your aiming that high! Way to help the team out!
    I am aiming for 100 or so each day!
    I think it's alright to wait. I would think do it when you can. Just if more of us get it done we won't look so far behind!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    GSXRGIRL61 wrote: »
    That's awesome that your aiming that high! Way to help the team out! I am aiming for 100 or so each day!
    I think it's alright to wait. I would think do it when you can. Just if more of us get it done we won't look so far behind!
    @TamiJo1004 is absolutely right! Awesome minutes for the team! Both of you! There are no extra points for the team that gets to the destination the quickest, but there ARE extra points after we are there and accumulate more mileage. Every 10% of the mileage = 10 points. If we get there by Friday, one of us usually picks out a cool spot to gather and have a virtual party. I imagine it will be a nice hot spring in Iceland! :) Waiting until Friday to do the physical challenge (in this case the drumming) is cool. I just always encourage all racers to do the challenges early in the week just in case "real life" gets in the way, such as a power outage, hurricane, tornado...little things like that. ;) Plus, as TamiJo pointed out, we don't like to eat other teams' dust! :p
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer I introduced myself earlier on but didn't mention where I live. So I'm from Connecticut, U.S.A. I live about an hour and a half from Boston. It's beautiful fall with the leaves changing here, though today has been unseasonably warm.

I have also already friended everyone on the team!

I'm working on the videos, did some today after a nice 2 mile run outside, which I hadn't done in so long so I am beat!

keep up the good work all!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    I got the Viking Chant done (3xs) and the first 2 videos done (3xs) just have to do the last video. If I pick a different song I'll post it. And I have 16oz left to drink for day #3 of sloshing around