TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have 3 more cups of water and I will have met my water goal for the day and have 5 challenge points in the bag!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Good morning, team.

I only got 15 minutes of walking done yesterday. Most of the day was driving, and it was raining almost all day so I didn't get out much. Today is pretty packed with the conference and also more rain coming. I'll try to get some time in though.

Good encouragement @120maggie - great reminder just to do what we can.
    @Vowder it does get discouraging sometimes but you are right that it's a journey. Keep moving forward despite little setbacks. As my running coach always says "forward is a pace". Doesn't have to be fast, just keep moving.

mj7hbgx41gr1.jpeg
  • katharmonic
    Options
    Oh by the way, we are currently 96.8% of the way to Reykjavik! Should be very soon!!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.... that helps a lot.

2.5 lbs up on the scale but that is mostly water. When on a low carb diet you shed a ton of water. As you eat carbs back the water comes back with it. It makes for an emotional journey.

Let's see what the check-in says on Monday.

Can't wait to get to the bar tonight in Reykjavik!

I found some nice hot springs we should relax in as soon as we get there.
    2t3dmds6jgtt.jpg

All kinds of people go there.

z2enc1j3ul0t.jpg

This local guide suggested the place.

7zm16tg6cgp0.jpg

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    WE ARE THERE!!!!!! GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Got my videos done this morning:-) about 5 years ago as a counselor at a summer camp I had done a dance to the Jungle Drum song that @hawkins410 had suggested! So i dug out that old video and tried it out again! So fun and brought back some great memories of that summer! I tried to upload it for your viewing pleasure but it says the file is too big. Anyway keep up the killer work team! We are doing amazing!!!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    I made my water goal but it won't let me post yet! :/
    We are in first place right now! <3
  • katharmonic
    Options
    Nice job team!!! I'm so in with with the hot springs. That nice young man looks quite ready to welcome us.

I am just sneaking in for a minute here. I've been working on my presentation all morning but I did get in 25 minutes of yoga. I did "yoga for frayed nerves" and that was spot on. I feel better now. Ready to talk for 3 hours this afternoon.

I see the sun is peeking out a bit right now - maybe I can grab a few minutes walk before I go to lunch.

Meet y'all in the hot springs and bar later!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Way to go Team #1! :)<3:)
    @Vowder: Yep that young man can act as my guide any time! Thank you! :D
    @TamiJo1004: You can enter your five points for the water now! MissionEnforcer just activated the spreadsheet box. I'm almost done too! :)
    @leti126: Do you have a link for that dance by any chance? It might come in handy down the road (or on a different continent!) ;)
    @katharmonic: The same goes for that yoga. Do you have a link you could message me? It sounds like it might help out a lot of folks! :)

k82k6oi7pbz3.jpg
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    @vowder, where ever that guy goes I am following him! WOW!!!!

I haven't gotten to the videso yet, will get them done this weekend. Got some minutes yesterday but not much. Going to a hockey game tonight and will be walking to and from so that will be my minutes for the day.
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    @vowder I like the guide!
    @hawkins410 Thanks it finally worked!
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Funny that no one is talking about the women in the hot springs. They seem very interested about Alberta Canada. Don't worry...I've got it covered.

You folks take a tour with the guide.

As part of the water theme... just finished a hard 60 minute swim. This is a tough game this time round.

Remember... it is completed the extra challenges that will make the big difference at the end of the week. We need to focus on those!

Good luck everyone.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,424 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't have done leg day after all the walking in heels last night followed by the videos (hello more squats and plyo jumps!) followed by a walking tour on cobblestone streets. My feet hurt!!! And my legs!!! And I have to put the stupid heels back on for dinner tonight! Good news is I finished my water and added my 100 minutes of walking (I was good and didn't count the time spent standing on said cobblestones listening to the excellent guide) and checked off the water box so I'm good for this week!

I need that hot spring now for sure (and what do they drink in Iceland? I need one of those too!)
  • hawkins410
    edited October 2016
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    I need that hot spring now for sure (and what do they drink in Iceland? I need one of those too!)
    unnamed.png?itok=cahJNKyw

I've heard it's especially made for tired feet! ;)
    Vowder wrote: »
    Funny that no one is talking about the women in the hot springs. They seem very interested about Alberta Canada. Don't worry...I've got it covered.
    Can you handle all three? :D
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »

You folks take a tour with the guide.

As part of the water theme... just finished a hard 60 minute swim. This is a tough game this time round.

Remember... it is completed the extra challenges that will make the big difference at the end of the week. We need to focus on those!

Good luck everyone.

I was just reading through the posts and was planning on complimenting you on the place you picked!! Wtg picking the place where you have more to look at than us girls do!! It's about time!! Way to step it up! Hahahaa
    Btw @Vowder if you could arrange for our bartender to stay with us all weekend it would be appreciated!!!

Great job team!!!

@MissionEnforcer I got my water in for all 5 days this week.

Still have a workout to get in tonight, it's been a lazy day but I am forcing myself to do something even if it doesn't add up to big numbers. I am planning on hitting some good numbers this weekend so I can actually see a loss.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    Beautiful pictures @TamiJo1004! I'm just now getting off work, and hope it's not too late to join you all in the Blue Lagoon! When we are ready to crash, the Hotel Ranga in Reykjavik still has some rooms until we leave again on Sunday! :)
    t0waosg8lobp.jpg
    I'm looking forward to watching the Northern Lights!B)

Don't forget, the leg isn't over until 9:00 P.M. PDT on Sunday! Let's get those challenges done! And now we earn 10 more points for every 562 miles! But it sure is easier to drum for 30 minutes than for us to accumulate 562 miles! :o
    Have a good night everyone! <3
  • katharmonic
    Options
    Can I count talking 3 hours as my exercise? No? Because it certainly wiped me out today.

I took a 10 minute walk when the sun popped out for a bit before lunch, and another 10 minutes walking around downtown tonight. Total of 45 minutes today with the yoga. I thought I would do something more tonight but I was tired and hungry. I went out for pizza and beer, and then of course to Ben & Jerry's - because we you are in the town that was their original home, what else do you do?

Now I'm tucked in my hotel room bed in Reykjavik Burlington and ready for an early bedtime. You guys keep it down with all your partying. Maybe tomorrow we can do some glacier hiking
    xiwxtrfa1nl0.jpg
    or horseback riding
    7gmq7xjtakly.jpg

Good night all!

Oh, @hawkins410 the yoga video is from Yoga with Adriene on Youtube. I love Adriene, and have done a ton of her videos including her 30 day yoga challenge and her Yoga Boot Camp (another 30 days). Here's the one I just did to calm your nerves:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba0fweKUwIco

• aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer I finished my cardio drumming last night when I went to a class for an hour. Had a blast. Chant done, drumming done