TEAM ONE

Replies

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 5,132 Member
    Welcome to the thread @tonilogan !!! We are all routing for you @celtikgirl . looking forward to the pictures. So glad everyone is enjoying the blue lagoon and local attractions!!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    tonilogan wrote: »
    I'm doing this! Did I miss something? The only thing I couldn't do is the spreadsheet and. The pic is helping with that

One thing for sure you are funny (hahahahah quote: "did I miss something"....7 pages further) so you are on the right spot in our team!!! so no changing or replacements for this one @ka97 and @hawkins410 this is a keeper. :)

:D hahaha did I mention she is my wife??? :D
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    ka97 wrote: »
    tonilogan wrote: »
    I'm doing this! Did I miss something? The only thing I couldn't do is the spreadsheet and. The pic is helping with that

One thing for sure you are funny (hahahahah quote: "did I miss something"....7 pages further) so you are on the right spot in our team!!! so no changing or replacements for this one @ka97 and @hawkins410 this is a keeper. :)

:D hahaha did I mention she is my wife??? :D

LMAO yes you did
  • ashleereign
    ashleereign Posts: 1,904 Member
    Hey all! Hope you're having a great weekend!

I got a little sidetracked this week but glad to see we met our destination! Amazing job everyone!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    @ashleereign: Yes, we're having fun in Iceland! @mamaelf2008 made reservations at a revolving restaurant for our dinner under the Northern Lights tonight! ;) Come join us! I think @carbucfan is lining up shots of the local vodka right about now! :D@Vowder has a babe on each arm that he found at the spa at the Blue Lagoon. Some of the others are finishing the drumming challenge, and I am still on a quest to find a puffin! :)

Everyone: please don't forget that we get extra points for exercise minutes over the destination! Just because we are there, doesn't mean we stop racing! B)
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Hey team. Today was not a great day. I had a phone call from a friend with sad news this morning and then had to drive back home from Vermont in the pouring rain for almost 5 hours. I had hoped to get in some running or swimming before I left but the sad news sidetracked me. Still pouring at home so I didn't get out at all. I did a bit of yoga though so I'd at least have something to show for today. I also finished my water challenge so I put those 5 points in.

I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day.
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    @hawkins410 Let's have fun!!! Vodka!!!
    (Maybe it will help my aching feet and leg muscles!) (I am tad competitive and have exercised more this week than a long time! ;) )
    3qcf07k33ryg.png
    Excuse the language!
  • TamiJo1004
    @katharmonic Sorry it was a bad day! Hope it gets better!!
  • 120maggie
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    @hawkins410 Let's have fun!!! Vodka!!!
    (Maybe it will help my aching feet and leg muscles!) (I am tad competitive and have exercised more this week than a long time! ;) )

That is the beauty of this whole amazing race. It gets you out moving more than you ever thought you would. Instead of thinking OK I worked out this morning so i'm done. i think what else can I do!!! It gets you doing stuff like bringing in walking DvDs to work and shutting the door (and locking) to your office and adding some minutes at lunch on the crappy weather days!! There are lots of ways to keep moving team one!!
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    @MissionEnforcer I completed the water challenge. now we are sight seeing
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Sorry I have not been very active online the past couple of days Team! My thoughts have been with everyone. Had to get a test accomplished. Good luck @celtikgirl with your race, and I have sore leg muscles too @hawkins410 Glad you found your way to the spreadsheet @tonilogan and @wolvinnetje I enjoy your funnies
  • mckelfam
    mckelfam Posts: 104 Member
    Chall 1 done now friends with all, Chall 2 Finished my videos finally yesterday don't think my exercise ball likes me very well after beating it haha. Hope its nice to me when I need it to do my workout routine Monday and doesn't toss me off. Chall 3 Water completed 6 days and counting. @MissionEnforcer
    Today we went on a hike , we were supposed to go to the bay, but ended up in the mountains near Lake Tahoe, Hiked 4.5 hours- logged alot of mins today, my feet are so worn out. Look forward to the natural hot springs in Reykjavik and a cocktail would be nice.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,544 Member
    Ok, I've had waaay too much vodka tonight (and wine and cake!) and my feet and back are killing me! Now hubby says he wants to do some touristing tomorrow before the long drive home so I may get a few more minutes but I need to sleep right now!
  • TamiJo1004
    Good morning! uk52uycjv86t.png
    My numbers won't be as high today because 1) my feet are saying they need a break and 2) sleep wasn't my friend last night due to family drama. I am still hoping to get at least 60 minutes!
    You guys hit out of the park yesterday!
    Here is to finishing the week strong!
    x86827vb2ftb.png
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited October 2016
    Good Morning to you too @TamiJo1004!
    @mckelfam: Your hike sounds beautiful! I hope you will be able to post pictures! :)

We are currently in THIRD PLACE!
    Is that where we belong?!
    Noooooooooooooooo! :open_mouth:
    I didn't think so! At last glance we were missing 8 drummers!! So get out your pots and pans, pillows, balls, or even (gasp!) a drum, and that 80 points would tip us right into FIRST PLACE WHERE WE BELONG! :)
    Let's make this last day in Iceland count!

Don't forget the spreadsheet closes and locks at 9:00 pm PDT tonight!

I'm off to find a puffin! I'm excited because I stayed under my calorie count yesterday! It's been awhile! Have a beautiful day team! <3
    LEUICRY690KJSCOA-SP-3.jpg
  • 120maggie
    mckelfam wrote: »
    Chall 1 done now friends with all, Chall 2 Finished my videos finally yesterday don't think my exercise ball likes me very well after beating it haha. Hope its nice to me when I need it to do my workout routine Monday and doesn't toss me off. Chall 3 Water completed 6 days and counting. @MissionEnforcer
    Today we went on a hike , we were supposed to go to the bay, but ended up in the mountains near Lake Tahoe, Hiked 4.5 hours- logged alot of mins today, my feet are so worn out. Look forward to the natural hot springs in Reykjavik and a cocktail would be nice.

Awesome. So envious of that hike. Beautiful country!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Hi team! Happy last day of the 1st week!
    Let's get a few more points in there to finish it off!!

@hawkins410 I don't have a video to that song because I made up the dance for my cabin haha. I have a video of our performance but it's bad quality and I can't upload it because of the size of the file:/

Anyway, I've finished my water challenge. And will get some more miles in today!

Have a great Sunday!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    7oektp7p1xai.png

Happy Sunday everyone. Last day of week 1 to get your numbers up there!! Team 5 is always knocking us down, there are some strong theams this time around. Make the competition a lot more fun.

When you think you can't go anymore force yourself to do an extra 5 min.

Off to do a workout and some more housework!!
    Stay strong everyone, we were given the name Team 1 for a reason!!

• Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Something popped into my head as I was reading all the posts.

Does @MissionEnforcer do all these challenges and is he on a weight loss/maintenance program like the rest of us? Or is he just the keeper of the points?
    Does anyone really know that much about him??? Hmmm maybe he should do challenge #1?? He knows so much about us so maybe we should know more about him, besides just knowing that he is the ruler of our race. Kind of reminds me of The Wizard of Oz. Everyone answers to him but no one really sees him. Very mysterious.

Anyone else ever wonder about this??
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Good morning team!!! Today is a better day, and I went out and did 110 minutes hiking with Stella this morning. It was gorgeous out, cool but sunny, and the fall colors are just glorious. I tried a new front-clip harness with Stella and she did so much better! It was a joy to walk for almost two hours with out constant pulling like a sled-dog. There's hope!

@hawkins410 I just LOVE puffins. I have an original watercolor of puffins that I got in Alaska when I visited several years ago and it is my favorite thing.

Currently in 2nd place! We can do this! I hope our last minute drummers are getting their sticks warmed up right now. Have we lost @dtplow? I'm going to try to get more minutes in later today too.

Let's rally up some excitement and do this thing!
    3gh0qpdxxwg2.jpg