Options

Replies

• Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @hawkins410 said:
    Can you handle all three? :D

Only in my imagination! But hey... I am always ready for a challenge.

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    99d42b698b99c2db1fc87ddd770577f6

You go @celtikgirl! :)
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    qbt2lhf35qc7.gif

Hi all happy weekend
    I had to read a lot but I always love it ....nice with a cup of thea on the couch and look what my team 1 friends had done that day.
    I must tell you I am so glad to be a part of this team it is always fun and now and than a serious note about things in life that is also neccesary so you get to know eachother better and better.

@vowder keep up big guy don't worry to much about the scale look at your first week workouts again it is amazing and I see you have your own "girl team" to encourage you :)
    @ka I hope with you not to much dance ;)
    @celtikgirl have a great family time enjoy every minute of it

We all come back on track and hopefully we get our position 1 back from the summer challenge but I see the teams are more equal than the summer challenge holy moly there are a few hard members out there it is almost hard to believe if they are human.

at least a giggle to make a smile on all your faces

A woman announces to her friend that she is getting married for the fourth time. "How wonderful! But I hope you don't mind me asking what happened to your first husband?" "He ate poisonous mushrooms and died." "Oh, how tragic! What about your second husband?" "He ate poisonous mushrooms too and died." "Oh, how terrible! I'm almost afraid to ask you about your third husband." "He died of a broken neck." "A broken neck?" "He wouldn't eat the mushrooms."

fxzek1f2mo2m.png

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    @celtikgirl You got this! Be thinking of you tomorrow! Enjoy your time with your family!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    9d81qshjs9af.png
    definetelvg2fx036khgz.png
    yimgk3svbs5mpwkc.png

Hhmmm what are we going to be doing this weekend?? I'm in for horseback riding and then maybe the water park and spa?? Can we meet at the revolving dome restaurant?? Looks like it would be interesting. @Vowder just in case you couldn't handle the 3 ladies posted earlier I found 1 lady that wouldn't give you a heartattack. Less is more! Hahaha

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. We're doing a great job being a team!! Let's keep this spirit going!!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    @MissionEnforcer water challenge completed! Cardio drumming/videos completed. We pretty much used all the pvc patio furniture to beat on. The three year old niece thought it was fun too, but she kept warning us that we were being loud and great poppa was going to get mad.

Made it safely to Florida, heading out to pick up race packets and scope out the beach portion of the course tomorrow morning. One sister arrived today, the other is coming over from the west coast tomorrow, the fourth lives here all the time. Prerace pasta and protein dinner is on for tomorrow evening. I'm sure someone will take pictures Sunday and I'll post them here!

I'll carry all of your good wishes along with me. Strangely it seems everyone else has doubts about being ready this year too. I'm just going to plow forward and see how it goes!

Have a great time!! You'll do great. Keep us updated
  • wolvinnetje
    Options
    9d81qshjs9af.png
    definetelvg2fx036khgz.png
    yimgk3svbs5mpwkc.png

Hhmmm what are we going to be doing this weekend?? I'm in for horseback riding and then maybe the water park and spa?? Can we meet at the revolving dome restaurant?? Looks like it would be interesting. @Vowder just in case you couldn't handle the 3 ladies posted earlier I found 1 lady that wouldn't give you a heartattack. Less is more! Hahaha

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. We're doing a great job being a team!! Let's keep this spirit going!!!

I'm going with you sis that places look amazing .......lol I'm even jalous at Vowder het gets all the "good stuff" hahahaahahahah I rather have a great evening with her as with a uggly man
    just saying

6eotmhcb8h99.jpg

• My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Stopping by from Team Five to offer some encouragement for everyone!

So I was doing my Saturday morning kpop fangirl thing when I came across this YouTube video of 40 toughest kpop dances (fan made, so my opinion was different).

https://youtu.be/59fwEoHmX5I

Some of the dancers look like they're weightless at how fast they move their feet.

I read an article about the rigorous kpop training industry. If you notice in interviews, the idols are very humble and grateful that they get to do their passion. And this is why:

In Korea, musicians are not 'discovered' like they are around the world. They first audition as a young teen, even so far as 12 years old for one member from BigBang.
    Once they pass the audition, they sign with a label as a 'trainee'. They then practice relentlessly dancing, singing, and acting for an average of 2-5 years before they're even allowed to debut. One member of Beast spent 7 years before his debut.

They can be cut at anytime, perform weekly for the president of the label, and are criticized constantly to weed out the 'weaklings'. The emotionally strong and determined continue to train until finally being allowed a debut.

They leave their families at an early age and move to Seoul to pursue their dreams.

After reading about how hard an entire group of people will work to obtain their dream, and even knowing over 72% will never even debut in their life, what are you going to do today to achieve your goals?

Nothing is unobtainable in life. You want to be a king? Form a monarchy.
    You want to play soccer in England? Start dribbling a ball at the park.

Make a goal, form a plan, find your passion, and do it.

Have a great day everyone.
  • hawkins410
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Thank you for the link @katharmonic!

There is so much to do and see today I feel like a kid in a candy shop! :)

First, I want to pet some ponies:
    images-Canadian_Icelandic_Horses.jpg

Then visit a couple of waterfalls:
    seljalandsfoss-view.jpg

Islandiya-strana-vodopadov-1-2.jpg

2513_777.jpg

And of course, I have to see a volcano!ausbruch_02.jpg

And snowmobiling across a glacier is on the list!
    8cd4212bc89283c2de88f1e3f64e5d8e.jpg

@mamaelf2008, your revolving restaurant looks divine! Let's celebrate a 100% challenge completion there tonight! @Vowder, you may only bring one of the three, unless we each get a "guide" too! :D
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @celtikgirl Good luck with your race! I am soooooooooooo jealous :(

Yes, no half marathon for me tomorrow. However, I did test out the spin bike after lifting yesterday, and I'm optimistic about being able to add in a couple of spin classes in this coming week. I'm going to try to get to the pool today, but trying to match up my schedule with the pool lap hours schedule is tricky. It's so much easier (i.e. convenient) to just put on my running clothes and go outside.
    I've got challenge 1 and 2 done. Sorry, but I haven't done well with the water challenge. Since losing weight, coffee has been my go to when I get food cravings. And with the stress of not being able to fully workout these last couple of weeks, I've been drinking A LOT of coffee. It's just how I'm getting through this right now.

I've been trying to help @tonilogan , I really have. But if she hasn't checked in by tomorrow, I would suggest replacing her with someone from the wait list. There's only so much I can do.
  • tonilogan
    tonilogan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this! Did I miss something? The only thing I couldn't do is the spreadsheet and. The pic is helping with that
  • hawkins410
    Options
    tonilogan wrote: »
    I'm doing this! Did I miss something? The only thing I couldn't do is the spreadsheet and. The pic is helping with that
    Yay, you found the Team Thread! Welcome! :)
    On this thread, tag @MissionEnforcer, and write a brief description of where you live. That will be 10 points for Challenge #1! :)
    For Challenge #2: Do all four videos in the "Racing to Reyjavik" three times each. Put your 10 points on the spreadsheet. Modify the videos as necessary depending on your equipment. Get creative!
    To get on the spreadsheet (in order to add your exercise minutes/miles and challenge points: either go through the link under "The Amazing Race Spreadsheet" (under Announcements) on a desktop/laptop. If you are using an Android phone, you'll have to download Google Sheets from the PlayStore Apps (it's free). OR, if you are using an Apple, message @MissionEnforcer with your gmail address.
    Hope this helps! :)
  • tonilogan
    tonilogan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Finally was able to get in.....and I posted 3 days of workouts this week - thank you!

• hawkins410
    Options
    Finally was able to get in.....and I posted 3 days of workouts this week - thank you!
    Exellent!! We are all looking forward to meeting you! Just do Challenge #1 as I described in my messages, and you will get 10 more points and we will be able to say "Hallo" and "Welcome Aboard"!!! :)
  • wolvinnetje
    edited October 2016
    Options

Yesssssss there is our missing person ;) the important things you already found the spreadsheet and the Team Thread.
    You are in a team now where everybody want to help you with all pleasure of the world you only have to "yell" a little.
    Maybe an option (only if you want ofcourse) is to open your profile/ only for friends so we can follow you if you want to know how to fix it please ask we are all one message away.
    We only can see your diary but not your newsfeed

love to meet you and I'm glad you found us
    have much fun and now after learning enjoy the challenge

• wolvinnetje
    Options

One thing for sure you are funny (hahahahah quote: "did I miss something"....7 pages further) so you are on the right spot in our team!!! so no changing or replacements for this one @ka97 and @hawkins410 this is a keeper. :)

• wolvinnetje
    Options

If you still have problems entering on the spreadsheet post your times and stuff here and one of the teammates will add it for you!!!

A team that works together WINS together!!!!

Wonderful said sis
  • wolvinnetje
    Options
    @tonilogan I see your profile now very weird because I see reactions from others from this team already a few days ago ....mmmmm maybe because I'm in belgium the last 2 days there are a few problems on the "community" than I get the message this domain is not available.

Any how everything is solved you found us we found you and now we can go for it