TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I added 27 more minutes doing Yoga for Tired Legs! I needed that! We're currently still in the lead by a narrow 10 points. It's a nail biter.

Now, I know that @celtikgirl had exercise minutes from running an awesome half yesterday - hope she's able to get them in the spreadsheet!

Awesome job, everyone! Very impressed with all the enthusiasm and digging deep for the team.
  • mckelfam
    mckelfam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats @celtikgirl that is awesome.

Great job team on the minutes this week. Dig deep. I got 30 more mins in took a stroll around the neighborhood after dinner with my husband and 20 mins we played alittle frisbee before it got too dark here.

Can't wait to see where we are going next week.
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    THE WEEK TWO DESTINATION AND CHALLENGES ARE FINALLY UP AND RUNNING!
    WEEK ONE FINAL RESULTS AND THE NEW SPREADSHEET WILL BE POSTED BY MORNING!
    YOU ALL ARE AN AMAZING GROUP!
    I LOVE THE ENTHUSIASM!
    HAPPY RACING!

:)
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,282 Member
    Options
    On the stair challenge, does that mean we are doing basically 64 flights?
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    GSXRGIRL61 wrote: »

I am confused at this too?

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    GSXRGIRL61 wrote: »

I am confused at this too?

You count actual steps because different flights are longer than others. I have 14 steps each in my two flights at home. At work there are 20 steps in the flight from my office to the lab. So up 5 flights at home is 70 steps. 5 at work 100 steps . that is 170 towards my goal of 770 for the week.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You can even use a step stool for this challenge. Every time you step UP on the stool it's a step! Or if you use a step for exercising count each time you go UP on the step.
    I was kind of hoping one of the challenges would be to dress up and post a pic. Darn it.
    And to answer your question about domination @TamiJo1004 yes we kind of dominated the race. There may have been 1 or 2 times that we came close to losing the challenge week. But we never did if I remember correctly.
  • 120maggie
    Options
    OK awesome team one. Remember these challenges are all about getting out of your comfort zone and moving!!! LOL So we twist to pumpkins and doing a bit of monster mashing!!! Lots of opportunity for free style moves!! I ran in place during the beautiful Romania videos and while I went in to the time warp!! And yes I will let the Romania driver make me Coffee! Enjoy!! ps it may be fixed now but the link to the Transylvania twist wasn't working so I googled it.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Yep, we were AMAZING in the summer challenge. There was on week where we came in second but overall we blew away the other teams. This is kind of fun being pushed though!

I like this weeks challenge and since I have a big golf tournament the end of the week I'm gonna try really hard to get the exercise parts done today. I already know that Wednesday and Thursday I will be eating and drinking late since I have cocktail parties both nights but tonight we are stuffing the goodie bags so that will be tough to refrain. I most likely won't get those points until the very end of the week! But with golf three days, dancing and regular working out I will get a ton of minutes in. Let's try and get there early so we can get max bonus minutes!

Let's go Team 1!!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job in week 1 team!!!!

OK, new week and new challenges.
    4pat69nxtfpn.jpg
    jiaeas9ux669.jpg

Just went out for a 30 minute walk with Stella. Cool and crisp out there, which is just right for lots of walking and running. I just peeked at our forecast for the week and saw a chance of a little snow for Thursday! It won't be much but I'm decidedly against it.

I will have to work on my time warp, it's a bit rusty. Steps are definitely a challenge. I work in a 1-story building so not much chance there. I do have 1 flight at home that I have to go up and down to get in and out of the house so I'll be working that flight and looking for other opportunities. Ooh, I just thought of some on a hiking trail that I want to take Stella to. I usually plan my route to go DOWN them, but will have to take the reverse path. I'm not much of a late night snacker, although I almost always have dessert it's right after dinner. So that part should be breezy for me.

Have a great week 2 everyone!
  • 120maggie
    Options
    IT IS OFFICAL!!!! WE WON THE FIRST LEG!!!!! YAHOO!!! Everyone should be proud!!! The drumming, water, and meet and greet points make all the difference. We Rock <3
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    THE WEEK TWO SPREADSHEET IS UP.
    Week One was very close & it is obvious every team is in it to win it.
    THE RESULTS FOR WEEK ONE ARE AS FOLLOWS:
    1st Place: Team One - 1260 points
    2nd Place: Team Five - 1235 points
    3rd Place: Team Six - 1180 points
    4th & 5th Place: A Tie! Team Two & Team Three - 1170 points
    6th Place: Team Four - 1130 points
    Individual team results may be viewed under the "Past Weeks" Tab.
    Good luck during Week Two!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    WOOHOOO! Keep up the killer work for week 2 team!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    @120maggie and @mamaelf2008
    Thank you! I have no stairs here but I can do a step stool!
    @cardbucfan Sounds like a busy fun week!
    I hope we can keep 1st place! Definitely tougher competition this go around!
    Since I am home with a sick kid I am going to try to get my stairs and dance points in today!
    Let's do this! ij1bsf0cypnr.png
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Also I just read through the challenges and am super excited! It is going to be so difficult not to eat chocolate and ice cream though! Also I have a question on the no snacking after 10:00pm rule. I have class 3 days this week until 9:45pm and don't usually get home until after 10. I bring snacks with me to class but normally have some sort of real dinner, once I get home. Is there any modification for this situation?
  • hawkins410
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Way to go everyone!!! @Vowder: Where is that first place ribbon? We deserve it today! But, boy, this competition is stiff! Although with our awesome teamwork, we will hold on to our top spot! :)
    teamwork-jpg-0KYGvW-clipart.jpg
  • hawkins410
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Where were you all in 1975? I was still a bit too young to see "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" (my parents thought it was too risque!), but by 1978 I was in college & saw it in the little college town movie theater outside of Santa Barbara. Everyone was in costume, we threw toast, and honestly, by the end of the movie...well...I was listing more to the right than jumping! :D
    Today I will jump! :)
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    tc61drpclqug.png
    200 stair ups done! Taking short break then back at it!