Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    Stair challenge DONE!

Fantastic job!!! You rock
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    Love seeing the mix of people, places, and ages in this group! I know my brith certificate says I'm over 50, but I really don't feel like it inside.

It amazes me how some pop culture things have endured over the years. I went to the first Star Wars movie for a friend's 12th birthday party, and my five year old grandsons are just as fascinated by the same movie and characters today. I see the same in music. A few weeks ago I was at a festival where an 80's cover band was playing. The band launched into a Journey song and a dozen little eight years olds ran out in front of the stage to dance and sing along.

Guess you're really only as young, or as old as you feel!

Some days My body feels old but other days It feels young!!! But in my mind I'm always young!! I think it keeps you going strong to think that way!!

• hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @celtikgirl and @mamaelf2008, well said! My dad is 88 and he won't let anyone do anything for him that he can do himself. That includes pumping gas, planting flowers, driving, grocery shopping, etc.
    I think those of us over 50 can take on these young whippersnappers! ;)
    9f088rbt20o9.jpg

• Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Hhmmmm I'm 47 what team would I be on? @hawkins410 Hahaa
  • ashleereign
    ashleereign Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Holy moley. Just did the steps on a stair climber. Excuse me while I die...
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Dang! Maybe we should make it 45 and above for the "Oldies but Goodies"! :D

@ashleereign: WTG!! :)
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Holy moley. Just did the steps on a stair climber. Excuse me while I die...
    I know the feeling!

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    800 stairs done in the house.. 35 mins
    Watched both the videos while being active
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    Stairs done!
    5 dance videos x2 done!
    :o
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Dang! Maybe we should make it 45 and above for the "Oldies but Goodies"! :D

Yes, this is me too - just about to turn 48. So for most of 1975 I was just 6 years old. I don't think I saw Rocky Horror until I was in college. We didn't do things like that in my little town :) 70s and 80s music is my thing for sure. I have a ton of it on my running play list and constantly listen to those stations on Sirius XM.

I'm impressed with you guys getting steps done already! I barely cracked 40 stairs up today so far. I'm going to have to make a concentrated effort to seek out steps as they aren't part of my normal daily routine.

Today I did a 30 minute walk with Stella in the morning, then after work I decided to attempt running with her using her new front-clip harness. She did pretty well! I was impressed. Only a little bit of crossing over in front of me. We got in 26 minutes of running and then I walked for 20 more minutes to let her do her business and goof around a bit more.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Wow....so much to catch up on!

Congrats on an outstanding week one everybody!!!!

1975.....ummm that was the year I was born :)

@celtikgirl congrats on the race!!!!! I must admit, I'm so jealous!

Week 2 - dancing - oh joy!
    I should have peeked at the thread this morning, didn't count any stairs. Will have to get out a sticky note tomorrow to keep track. So glad I'm out of that ortho boot!
    I managed 30 minutes on the spin bike after lifting today, so I'm going to try a spin class tomorrow.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,965 Member
    Options
    It was early 80's and a guy I was dating was horrified that I had never heard of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Apparently it was not the thing in upstate NY. We went to the midnight showing in the former hippie neighborhood in Cleveland. Silly me, I thought I was going to be able to hear the dialogue and follow the plot over the crowd "actvities" toast, squirt guns, dancing etc. I've tried to get my girls introduced to it, but they just don't get it!

Got Challenge 1 done early this morning. I prefer to do my Monster Mashing and twisting with pumpkins in private! About 1/4 of the way done with the steps.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,965 Member
    Options
    mts7471 wrote: »
    800 stairs done in the house.. 35 mins
    Watched both the videos while being active

Awesone!!
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the short exercise today Team 1! Only did a 30 minute walk and started on the stairs. I was still pretty exhausted from moving furniture yesterday and the day before. Hitting the hay early tonight to be ready to go tomorrow. Hope everyone has a wonderful night.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer did 5 videos each 2 times. I may just do a couple of them again just cuz I love Halloween music. I'm up to 520 stairs climbed. I will definitely finish the challenge tomorrow for that.

So here's a thought team...If we can knock out the challenges right away in the beginning of the week and get to our destination early we can really rack up some miles after that. So far Team 5 is way ahead of us in miles. Do you think it is possible to catch up in miles to them?? Can we pull together as a TEAM and knock out these challenges early on so we can gain miles??

I think we can if we try really hard.

Hey young'uns don't let us OLD FARTS show you up by doing more than you guys!!

hahahahaaa REMEMBER this bantar is all in fun!!!!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    I am exhausted! Boy did I burn some calories today! Have a goodnight!
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Only a little over an hour today, muscles are a little sore, but I don't feel too bad. Got out of the house for a short walk, did stretches while watching the Romania videos, and went through the dance videos one time. Thank goodness my room is on the opposite side of the house from my parents, and concrete slabs don't bounce like my floor at home! Going to the beach tomorrow so I will get some walking done there, don't know about swimming, might just ogle the surfers. Then it's back north to Baltimore tomorrow evening.
  • mckelfam
    mckelfam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Where was I in 1975? I was 6 living in Phx,Az. Starting kindergarten.
    In 1987, My husband well boyfriend at the time introduced me to the Rocky Horror Picture show that had midnight showing Saturday nights at university theater in Tempe,Az with the drama dept from ASU acting out the parts in the aisles. It was awesome we went a few times as it was so much fun.

Completed the videos, I couldnt play one more of them so had to find on YouTube. I will do the RHPS one a few times just brought back so many fun memories.
    I have 2 stairs going out to garage so only got in about 40 today will tackle again so more. Snacking won't be an issue we don't eat after dinner normally unless special occasion. Try to stay away from sweets and snacks. I don't know how to stop at small. So don't do it at all

Congrats team for getting first place last week that was a close one. Yikes right on our heels. I Need to get more in this week myself since not so busy this week.