TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 -same boat as you regarding 1975. Didn't get to college until 1981 and it was still going strong though. I can still remember every single word to Time Warp, Sweet Transvestite and There's a Light (you know you are all singing "over at the Frankenstein place" right now!).

Yay us for coming in first. That was hard and you know Team 5 is going to step it up and try to beat us this week. So team-let's not let them! I think I'll do the stairmaster as my cardio today and knock those stairs out of the way. Hubby is working from home today so I will NOT be doing videos with him home. Looks like I will be doing them on Wednesay!
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    r1wgcgpy50us.jpg

That's how we do it!!!! Team 1 rules .......Yehhhhhhh I'm so happy this smile is not going off my face today :)

The second week seems to be a lot of fun to we can do this again you know.

Btw happy monday everybody I almost forgot

@hawkins410 where I was in 1975???? I already forgot where I was an hour ago ......No just kidding I was 4 than so no television for this girl I even don't know the show.

I will do the stair challenge with a little stairmaster (Hope this is the good word) I have it at home most of the time I do 1500 steps in 10 min but that is up and down and the challenge count only up so 1500 will be 750. count them as done at the end of the week :-)
    The "dancing" will be harder but hey I'm not a lame duck (please correct me if this is not good english I had to use google translate for this) so I will to them ofcourse!
    The snacks is really not a problem when I finished my dinner there is only place for some Yoghurt after an hour and a cup of coffee.

We go for it and try to keep the other teams far behind us although this challenge is a lot harder to keep this distance as the summer heat challenge where we were by far no1 every week.

So lots of hugs from overseas and let us have some fun.

• wolvinnetje
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    Pre race sunrise (I'm the one in the pink shirt)
    ltdl05tvr29x.jpg

And after the race, with our medals
    1ris7v51afra.jpg

I'm glad I did it again, and equally glad that it is over. I worried for a few days beforehand about all the things that could go wrong, and I really didn't want to embarrass myself. As I got near the finish line my sister ran out to tell me I had a chance to finish in under four hours on the finish line clock, so I actually jogged the last bit. My chip time was 3:50:06.

This is really to be proud of what a great accomplishment....you must feel real good right now a great step forward in the healthy lifestyle.
  • wolvinnetje
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    lu4wtz8fy130.png
    Yes!

Thanks Tami I love this one :)
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... in 1975 I was 11 years old and a little bit to young for Rocky Horror when it first came out, but thankfully it stayed around through my high school and college years and played every weekend at midnight at the local theater, complete with toast, and costumes, and dammit janet. I imagine there were a few nights I was listing to the left as well. I will have fun doing that video!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Well, in 1975 I don't think I was a thought yet, lol, my mother would have been 14 years old. I was born in 1981, but have seen Rocky Horror many times!
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    In 1975 I wasn't a thought yet! I was born in 1983.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    ttpicbd0aawc.jpg

Whoo Hooo

I knew we could do it! Specially when I saw so many folks going for an extra walk last night.

Absolutely pumped for this week. Love the Rocky Horror Show. Have been known to throw toast now and again. It will look funny, but I'm all in on this one.

Not eating in the evening won't be an issue as long as I am not at a party.

Stairs... I think I'll do the stair master at the gym this week.

We've got this... time to extend our lead....

• cardbucfan
    Options
    @AlethaMary and @TamiJo1004 -ya'll are making me feel old!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    cardbucfan wrote: »
    @AlethaMary and @TamiJo1004 -ya'll are making me feel old!

Lol, sorry about that!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    Where were you all in 1975? I was still a bit too young to see "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" (my parents thought it was too risque!), but by 1978 I was in college & saw it in the little college town movie theater outside of Santa Barbara. Everyone was in costume, we threw toast, and honestly, by the end of the movie...well...I was listing more to the right than jumping! :D
    Today I will jump! :)

I just watched that movie last Thursday. Its a great movie! Definetely doing the Time Warp
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    TamiJo1004 wrote: »
    tc61drpclqug.png
    200 stair ups done! Taking short break then back at it!

and what about the burn your calves feel???? I have over 250 done already. And at lunch I'm going up and down 3 flights of stairs for 30 minutes. If my legs will allow me to do it!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    celtikgirl wrote: »
    Pre race sunrise (I'm the one in the pink shirt)
    ltdl05tvr29x.jpg

And after the race, with our medals
    1ris7v51afra.jpg

I'm glad I did it again, and equally glad that it is over. I worried for a few days beforehand about all the things that could go wrong, and I really didn't want to embarrass myself. As I got near the finish line my sister ran out to tell me I had a chance to finish in under four hours on the finish line clock, so I actually jogged the last bit. My chip time was 3:50:06.

This is really to be proud of what a great accomplishment....you must feel real good right now a great step forward in the healthy lifestyle.

Be proud of yourself!! I'm proud of you too!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    1975 I was 6yrs old. And I didn't actually see the movie until my daughters were both over 18. But ever since then I've been watching it every year. The original is better than the remade one I watched last week

Off to climb my stairs!! Hoping to last all 30min

Great job Team 1!!! We are doing awesome. I really like how we rally together as a team to build each other up. thats the sign of a strong team for sure.

We got this!!!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    @mamaelf2008 oh yeah my calves burned! I did then in groups of 200, 200, 200, &170.
    @cardbucfan Sorry! :/ I feel older does that count?
    I finished the stair challenge had hoped to knock out the dance challenge too but I am having 2nd thoughts on that!
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you all don't want me to tell you where I was in 1975.. I was not even a thought. Wasn't born until 1993... But I do love Rocky Horror Picture Show. I would love to go to one of the showings where you dress up and all that jazz (my dad has told me all about them).
  • celtikgirl
    celtikgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Love seeing the mix of people, places, and ages in this group! I know my brith certificate says I'm over 50, but I really don't feel like it inside.

It amazes me how some pop culture things have endured over the years. I went to the first Star Wars movie for a friend's 12th birthday party, and my five year old grandsons are just as fascinated by the same movie and characters today. I see the same in music. A few weeks ago I was at a festival where an 80's cover band was playing. The band launched into a Journey song and a dozen little eight years olds ran out in front of the stage to dance and sing along.

Guess you're really only as young, or as old as you feel!
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    @celtikgirl That's so true! My daughter's favorite movie is Grease! I remember watching it as I was little and my mom telling stories about how she did!
  • cardbucfan
    Options
    Stair challenge DONE!