TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm trying to regroup and get back on track! My schedule changed at work and was all messed up last week because I had to train for new duties. On top of that, it turns out I have some sort of strained tendon in my foot (planter fasciitis). Its kinda put a damper on my activity level. I love the challenges this week! I will have to take it easy with the jump rope but its still doable. I also love Blogilates (one of the arm video selections). I use her videos whenever i can't get out to the gym.

Colors of the Rainbow

Monday:
    Red: Salsa (homemade from garden veggies)
    Green: Broccoli

Tuesday:
    Orange: Bell Peppers
    Purple: Purple Power V8

Wednesday:
    Yellow: Banana
    Brown/White; Mushrooms
  • Brittanypomales
    Brittanypomales Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Just struggled through 10 mins of Jump roping. I haven't done that since I was a kid and I am wheezing. Maybe it's just me. Phew! Hope everyone is having a good week.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Just struggled through 10 mins of Jump roping. I haven't done that since I was a kid and I am wheezing. Maybe it's just me. Phew! Hope everyone is having a good week.

I don't think it's just you...last time we had this challenge, I thought it would be relatively simple...boy was I wrong!! I think that's why I'm dreading it and keep pushing it off. I think I'm in pretty decent shape fitness wise and that kicked my butt!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Crazy productive day yesterday Jen. Shame you couldn't sleep better. :) Saturday should be a much better day since you got all that done...that'll be awesome!!

Kasi - sorry your life has been so crazy. Hope your new schedule is what you were wanting. Sorry to hear about the foot problem...hope that's something that'll get better soon. No fun being injured!! As for the purple, I would check to see if they are good at counting that as one color. I remember they mentioned v8 but I think it was that you couldn't use it for multiple colors all in one shot. I'd double check though in case you get to a point where that make or breaks the challenge.
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Arm videos done. The jump roping may kill me. :)
  • sabreena86
    sabreena86 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    hi team 2 , i'm back and miss you so much , how is everyone doing ?
    this week i thought that that challenge is easy but jumping the rope is so difficult , yesterday i did only 7 separated minutes , it's really hard
    I'm enjoying the food coloring , i'm trying to eat healthy but this idea could make it more enjoyable

good luck for all of you team two :*
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    sabreena86 wrote: »
    hi team 2 , i'm back and miss you so much , how is everyone doing ?
    this week i thought that that challenge is easy but jumping the rope is so difficult , yesterday i did only 7 separated minutes , it's really hard
    I'm enjoying the food coloring , i'm trying to eat healthy but this idea could make it more enjoyable

good luck for all of you team two :*

Welcome back! I am struggling with the jump rope myself. I haven't done it since I was a kid. It's not as fun now that I'm old! ;)
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you would have all kinds of takers on the jump rope thing Joanna!! Lol. I managed to get 15 minutes in this morning. I put dancing with the stars on and kept alternating between jumping and more of a skipping over the rope. That is the only way I can survive, I think. :p

Welcome back Sabreen! Hope you and your family are doing well.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Just for all of you runners out there...try to keep up with the Jump Rope it will enhance your running...trust me on this one!! B)
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @joanna2012B You can do my jump roping! When I was a young kid we did it everyday in gym class. I loved it! That was before I got fat, and messed up my knees. I could do it for 5 minutes strait back then. We had an annual fund raiser called jump rope for heart. You had to be able to jump for 5 minutes strait to qualify, to participate. Then on the day, as a team of 5, we had to jump for 3 hours. Wow, I sure miss that.

Well folks, yesterday I didn't do so hot on accomplishing all my goals, but I did do the important ones. 15000 steps, lots of water, under calories. My knee was hurting yesterday (too much jump roping the day before)

Today I am going to get my arms videos done, and maybe 5-10 more minutes jump roping.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    @jdelaroy we did Jump Rope for Heart too. However, I was on a Jump Rope team and we performed in front of other schools around our County. I was quite good and still am for that fact. I still love skipping now as much as I did back then. I started back up about 6 months ago. I struggled skipping for 2 minutes, but now can just keep going. I could've done the 30 minutes in one shot if I had time!

Keep at it...you're doing great!!!!!!
  • Aprilstar480
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Crazy productive day yesterday Jen. Shame you couldn't sleep better. :) Saturday should be a much better day since you got all that done...that'll be awesome!!

Kasi - sorry your life has been so crazy. Hope your new schedule is what you were wanting. Sorry to hear about the foot problem...hope that's something that'll get better soon. No fun being injured!! As for the purple, I would check to see if they are good at counting that as one color. I remember they mentioned v8 but I think it was that you couldn't use it for multiple colors all in one shot. I'd double check though in case you get to a point where that make or breaks the challenge.

I think I should be good on that one. I only counted it as one color. Its very purple not sure what else I'd call it, lol! I actually bought this a few days ago just out of curiosity. Its a little more on the bitter side for me but my son made a smoothie with it, a banana, and some frozen berries and it was really good.

x64b5kd99heh.jpg

Remember, you must consume a minimum of 2 colors per day. At least 5 different colors
    must be used over the span of the five days. Juice is allowable, but will only count as one color. You may not simply drink a glass of V-8 and claim you're done!

@MissionEnforcer, am I good on this one?
  • Aprilstar480
    Options
    I totally planned on getting the jump roping done today but my foot really hurts. I did 5 minutes and I will try to do more a little later. I ran and danced yesterday but forgot to put the special insoles in my gym shoes so I'm really feeling it today :'(

Lbenson, My new schedule is great! I use to work nights and weekends and I hated it! Now, I work 6am to 3pm. Sundays off and I only work every other Saturday! I actually get to see my kids now :) I'm very happy... I just need to readjust my routine to stay on track.
  • kimmy5280
    kimmy5280 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    @Joanna2012B you are right. A great way to enhance your running/cardio. This morning, I pulled out my C25K app and went to the first day of the first week. Did jump roping when it said to run and walked on the treadmill when it said to walk. All the breaks made the jump roping doable and somewhat enjoyable (HIIT Training). For me, trying to do all of it without stopping was more than I could do.
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Beautiful weather today in Wisconsin. Took grandson for a hour walk/jog in his stroller. Between the jump roping this week and the hills on the trail today my ankles and lower legs are sore. I need to get a second color in today. Maybe beets. Also questioning if banana is white group or yellow. I have seen it in two different groups on different charts. Will ask to be sure.
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    15 minutes of straight jump rope!! Was awesome!!! Still have to complete the 3rd arms video
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Hi team 2 been mia for a few days
    It's birthday
  • jenilla1
    Options
    15 minutes of straight jump rope!! Was awesome!!! Still have to complete the 3rd arms video

You are NUTS! ;) I did 5 straight minutes and thought I was going to die. It's easier to run a mile. In fact, if I could run 30 miles over the week instead of doing 30 minutes of jump rope, I would run! I'm a fairly fit person, but I guess if you haven't done an activity in decades, it can hit you hard. I HOPE it gets easier. I still have 25 more minutes to do! If I had realized how hard it was going to be, I would have started sooner. My bad... :p

• jenilla1
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Hi team 2 been mia for a few days
    It's birthday

Happy Birthday!
    tqfqyunnrh2f.jpg