TEAM THREE

Options

Replies

• smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer (I ate a lot more veggies than this, so if I am missing something, let me know). Thanks!

Colors (White, green, red, yellow, orange, purple/blue)

Mon: Mushrooms/onion (white) and spinach (green)
    Tue: Carrots (orange) and strawberry (red)
    Wed: Bell Pepper (yellow) and broccoli (green)
    Thu: Raisins (purple/blue) and cucumber (green)
    Fri: Mushroom/onion (white) and bell pepper (yellow)
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

Day 1 Yellow (lentils), Green (leeks, spinach and courgette), tan (chickpeas) red (tomatoes) white (onion)
    Day 2 yellow (lentils), green (leeks, broccoli, spinach and courgette), tan (chickpeas) red (tomatoes and apple) white (onion)
    Day 3 yellow (lentils), green (leeks lettuce endive and broccoli), red (tomatoes red cabbage and red pepper) white (onion and white cabbage) orange (carrot) blue (blueberrries) brown (chia seeds)
    Day 4 brown (mushroom) orange (carrot) white (coconut and onion) red (lentils) yellow (lentils) blue (blueberrries) brown (chia seeds and flax seeds)
    Day 5 green (leeks and spinach) brown (mushroom) orange (carrot) red (lentils) yellow (lentils) white (onion and coconut)

I am a vegetarian, so this challenge was easy for me!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I've done lots of exercise but had a really busy week. I will enter it all on the sheet just going to read to my daughter.
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,166 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    @Dictorbutt, walking in San Francisco is a great workout! Did it in September while I was there. We walked up Lombard street, the block where it's known as the crookedest street in San Francisco, walked up to the Coit Tower, and we even took the tour bus across the Golden Gate bridge and walked back across (about 45 minutes). The possibilities are endless!

Thank you for this to-do list for the weekend!
    It's been quite Awesome so far!
    I got in last night. My neighbor (from Vegas) is here and she picked me up. I love her for showing me this... 96c96axw1o9c.jpeg
    ... On the way to the hotel. :)
    Looking around I think -I'm still too fat- ( yeah, I said it. Let it be. I still have 50-60 to lose so.. It's sad, but True).
    I came here for the motivation.
    I shall embrace, endure, then continue to renew!!! :)
    My head got pretty huge over the PHENOMENAL week long Halloween celebration.. So a little release could be humbling. :blush:
  • Dictorbutt
    Dictorbutt Posts: 2,166 Member
    Options
    Oops, forgot to add..
    I don't recall if juice counts but this deliciousness ...
    p28gvz5urdxu.jpeg
    ... Has Apple, Lemon, Ginger, and Carrot!
    Happiness!
    It's called Immunity.
    I also left the avocado on my insanely good grilled chicken!
    Must walk all day! Ha!
  • smile_laughter
    Options
    Dictorbutt wrote: »
    Oops, forgot to add..
    I don't recall if juice counts but this deliciousness ...
    p28gvz5urdxu.jpeg
    ... Has Apple, Lemon, Ginger, and Carrot!
    Happiness!
    It's called Immunity.
    I also left the avocado on my insanely good grilled chicken!
    Must walk all day! Ha!

GREAT choice in drink.....looks good.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @Dictorbutt and @HASWLRS --I've never been to San Fran, but it's on my bucket list.

AFM--I still haven't gotten any of the jump rope challenge done, but I am done with the color challenge and should finish the arm challenge tonight.

x/30 minutes jumping rope
    2/3 arm videos

Color challenge: @MissionEnforcer
    Mon = red peppers, apple (RED), asparagus (WHITE GREEN), cucumber (GREEN)
    Tues = broccoli (GREEN-WHITE), onion (WHITE-GREEN), berries (RED-PURPLE)
    Wed = red pepper (RED), cucumbers (GREEN)
    Thurs = carrots (ORANGE), lettuce (GREEN), tomatoes (RED)
    Fri = lettuce, avocado (GREEN), apple (RED), onion (WHITE-GREEN)
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    Color Challenge - 5/5
    Mon. Red - tomatoes, apple, Yellow - pineapple,
    Tues. Green - Spinach, broccoli, snap peas White - cauliflower, onion
    Wed. Orange - mandarin orange, Yellow - lemons
    Thurs Yellow - yellow pepper Red - grapes, apple,
    Friday Green - mixed lettuce Red - tomatoes, red pepper
  • Cheriels82
    Cheriels82 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer
    Color Challenge 5/5

Mon- grapes(PURPLE), sweet potatoes (ORANGE), potatoes (WHITE),rutabaga (YELLOW), carrots(ORANGE), celery(GREEN),zucchini(GREEN), tomato(RED), blueberries(BLUE), raspberries(RED), apple(RED),
    Tues-banana(WHITE), apple(RED), pear(YELLOW), green pepper(GREEN), mushroom(WHITE), zucchini (GREEN), tomato (RED), celery(GREEN), carrots(ORANGE), rutabaga(YELLOW)
    Wed-banana(WHITE), potato(WHITE), sweet potato(ORANGE), rutabaga(YELLOW), parsnip (WHITE) pear(YELLOW), raspberry(RED), turnips(WHITE), carrots(ORANGE),
    Thurs-banana(WHITE), apple(RED), turnips(WHITE),parsnip(WHITE), carrots(ORANGE), potatoes(WHITE)
    Frid-eggplant (PURPLE), zucchini(GREEN), potato(WHITE), rutabaga(YELLOW), sweet potato(ORANGE),

Phew definitely colourful, but heavy on those root veggies (time of the year ).

got in 5 more minutes ->still 10 to go, huge challenge to complete... of the jump rope, and lots of stretching for the calves....my hubby even rubbed them down quickly for me AND i foam rolled them, but still on the sore/cramped side, might go for the variations tomorrow.

@HASWLRS yup saw we are dragging our feet compared to some other teams, however we made it to GBR so thats an accomplishment on its own! a full weekend to relax there-> while jumping rope (cringe)

• samra338
    Options
    Yay!!!! We reached Great Barrier Reef!

Come on Team Three! We got this, let's get those bonus points.
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Challenge #1 Kangaroo Hop COMPLETE :D Today was definitely just..Get. It. Done.
    I am very proud of myself. Was ready to stop at 7 minutes. (I did intervals - one minute jump rope, 1 minute walk/dance, move - whatever!) But I sucked it up and kept at it. It was all very dramatic - sweating buckets, moaning, cursing, complaining, hurting...everything negative until it was over. Then... all smiles and "whew" and "that wasn't that bad..." to "I ROCK!!" Seriously, just so glad it's done. LOL. Can you tell...I'm not a fan of skipping. wink:
    Here's the breakdown:
    Mon - 3 minutes
    Friday - 15 minutes
    Saturday -12 minutes and that's it till the next time!
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Awesome, job, Lori! I still have to finish mine tomorrow. I need 13 minutes still. But before I can skip I have to go shopping with my son (a previous engagement) so my legs will already be tired!
  • smile_laughter
    edited November 2016
    Options
    @enuf200 - great job! I hear that running is the same....lots of swear words during then runner's high occurs. I have never experienced runner's high.
  • samra338
    Options
    I'm still 5 minutes short, hopefully can get it tmrw and complete all the challenges. Great job @enuf200
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey team! I'll be back home tomorrow evening and I should be able to input my times in then. I did not get that much exercise in this week. I am going to finish the arm challenge tomorrow and sadly that'll be the only challenge I'll get done. Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)
  • tammo41
    tammo41 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Day 1: cauliflower (white), tomatoes (red)
    Day 2: coleslaw (green, orange), grapes (purple), leaf lettuce (green)
    Day 3: homemade stirfry! (zucchini - green, broccoli - green, carrots - orange, onions - white), leaf lettuce (green)
    Day 4: stirfry (green, orange, white), apple (red)
    Day 5: stirfry (green, orange, white), apple (red)

@MissionEnforcer
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I can't get into the spreadsheet, can some add 10 points to the arm challenge and 30 minutes exercise for Saturday? Thanks!!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Got you added @carlsoda!
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Good morning, team! Day seven. Last day of this week to enter our numbers for our Australian leg of this Race. Twelve and a half hours left to do so. (Nine and a half if you go to bed early in the east!) THERE ARE A LOT OF PINK SQUARES WHERE CHALLENGE NUMBERS SHOULD BE!

@runwmeNC, @sandkp, and @summ72 still have no entries on the spreadsheet. If you've done no exercise this week, please at least enter some zeros so we know you are still with us!
  • TangledThread
    TangledThread Posts: 312 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I don't have very much blue or purple in my diet so I made a point of eating it for this challenge and for fun. I ate a lot more vegetables each day than listed but am keeping it short.

Day 1: carrots (orange), yellow summer squash (yellow) sugar snap peas (green)
    Day 2: spinach (green), yellow bell pepper (yellow)
    Day 3: red lettuce (green? red?), cranberries (red) butternut squash (orange)
    Day 4: pineapple (yellow), cherries (red)
    Day 5: Purple potatoes (purple) blueberries (blue)

edit to add- my dog loved the arm change without weights. I thought I was playing and was very confused that I didn't have Squeeky while making all the motions.