Your Daily Beverages

Replies

• willowbas
    willowbas Posts: 7 Member
    I'm having beef broth (5cals/cup), LaCroix waters, tea, coffee, water.
  • etherial1
    etherial1 Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2016
    I have 3 cups of coffee (black) and water for the whole day. I'm confused when people add fruit, milk, sugar, coconut oil to their beverages. Doesn't adding calories stop the fast? I read this on Maria, Mind Body and Health: Keto-Adopted's website. She says the bullet-proof coffee ends your fast because of the coconut oil.

Can I drink my unsweetened almond milk? I have chocolate and vanilla. I sweeten them with Swerve, no-calorie sweetener.

Thanks, everyone.

PS-Can I have a glass of red wine with my dinner everyday or will that stall me?
  • etherial1
    etherial1 Posts: 22 Member
    I have my answer about the wine. Yes! Also, I drink herbal fruit teas, sweetened with EZ Sweetz or Swerve.
  • thebobogrind
    thebobogrind Posts: 143 Member
    Would added zero-calorie flavour enhancers like Dasani drops or MIO be ok? I can drink tons of water that way....any pointers?
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Would added zero-calorie flavour enhancers like Dasani drops or MIO be ok? I can drink tons of water that way....any pointers?

Feel totally free to do so.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    I keep water handy throughout the day and at night so I won't bother posting about that!

Black coffee when I get to work (around 8.45) and another mid morning.

Coke zero or another low calorie drink like flavoured ice tea or cactus water at lunch.

Black coffee mid afternoon.

Sometimes I drink a green smoothie with my main meal if I don't feel there's enough veg in the meal, other times I just drink water.

Maybe one more black coffee in the evening.

At a weekend I may have an iced black coffee which requires a bit of sugar or low calorie syrup to make it taste ok.

Once I've been OMAD ing a while I'm going to try and swap some of my coffees for herbal teas, purely because I find coffee very dehydrating. I know it's not but it leaves a taste in my mouth that isn't pleasant. I have some really nice herbal teas but I still need the caffeine boost to make it 23 hours without eating!
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Incidentally, if you want you're frozen blended drinks, then asking for an iced black Americano with a shot of no sugar syrup is the way to go. I know Costa are more than happy to do it and I'd assume most other coffee places will as well. All the fun of a summer morning coffee with friends without the massive calorie intake.
  • susieqpatti126
    susieqpatti126 Posts: 8 Member

Feel totally free to do so.

You're right, I do find that I'll drink twice as much with a couple of squirts of the flavour enhancers (I think they are a bit addictive!). Walmart brand has a couple of flavours (and they are about $1 less a bottle). Nestea has a great iced tea one that I'm especially enjoying this summer.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited August 2016
    I fill up all day with water (now cold and ice water....thank Joe) all throughout the day. When I first started, I drank a LOT of green teas, slimming teas, oolong teas and various zero calories herbal and medicinal teas. Now that it's been 2 months, I've slowed down my drinking a lot of teas and only have about 2-3 cups per day now and my main source of beverages is good ole H2O.

Everynight, After my mealtime (between 6pm-10pm), I'll have two caloried drinks:
    Water mixed with Braggs ACV (w/Mother in it)--about 2 heavy tbsps or so, a heavy dash of cayenne pepper and some fresh squeezed lemon-about 2 heavy tbsps or so( --that's about 7 calories and before go to bed, I'll have water mixed with Ceylon cinnamon (about 1/2 teaspoon) 1/2 teaspoon or so of Manuka Honey and 1 teaspoon of Black Seed Oil--that's about 46 cals or so.

On my "splurge" day, I may have a Thai Ice Tea sometime---when I'm having Asian food.
  • jjrogalski73
    jjrogalski73 Posts: 15 Member
    I buy Polar, San Pelligrino, Perrier sparkling water and drink that all day long. Sometimes I use Mios to flavor them. I pour them in a huge mug with ice. I drink black coffee. My favorite tea is this one called TAZO the green tea called ZEN. It has an excellent flavor. Its really good iced. I use Truvia to sweeten everything. Sometimes the supermarket has Pure Leaf Tea on sale and Ill buy them and drink the unsweetened version. I find sweetening unsweet tea with Mio flavors of some kind is good. Also these drinks called True Lemon that make many flavors are good with water as well.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Adding to the list...

Nettle tea
    Jasmine tea

I love the taste of Jasmine tea.
  • OMADing1
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Adding to the list...

Nettle tea
    Jasmine tea

Me too, I drink Jasmine tea, mixed with a terrific milky oolong everyday!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    OMADing1 wrote: »
    Adding to the list...

Nettle tea
    Jasmine tea

Chop up one finger of turmeric and add it and it will be even better!
  • OMADing1
    Adding to the list...

Nettle tea
    Jasmine tea

You are so right Joe, I use this fabulous turmeric and ginger tea sometimes and it does improve the taste tremendously. also a dash of black pepper or a tea that has black pepper in it is excellent to use with turmeric tea, because the black pepper helps "activate" the turmeric, or so I've always heard. Here's a tea with black pepper in it that's the bomb...

The Republic Of Tea Be Active Green Rooibos Tea, Get Burning - Herb Tea For Metabolism
    https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Tea-Active-Rooibos-Burning/dp/B0083MNZK4

This tea works super good with turmeric tea and taste summy yummy, almost like "red hots" candy for years ago, even though there is no sugar at all in this tea.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Adding to the list...

Nettle tea
    Jasmine tea

You are so right Joe, I use this fabulous turmeric and ginger tea sometimes and it does improve the taste tremendously. also a dash of black pepper or a tea that has black pepper in it is excellent to use with turmeric tea, because the black pepper helps "activate" the turmeric, or so I've always heard. Here's a tea with black pepper in it that's the bomb...

The Republic Of Tea Be Active Green Rooibos Tea, Get Burning - Herb Tea For Metabolism
    https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Tea-Active-Rooibos-Burning/dp/B0083MNZK4

This tea works super good with turmeric tea and taste summy yummy, almost like "red hots" candy for years ago, even though there is no sugar at all in this tea.

There are stevia leaves in it which are sweet. It sounds interesting. $18 is a bit steep to try if I discovered I didn't like it, although admittedly I did like "red hots" when I was growing up.

I put cinnamon in my coffee instead of sugar. It cuts appetite for me.
  • OMADing1
    Yes, it's super expensive and so are most of the teas I drink daily. I excuse the expense as my replacement for drinking coffee (which I was totally and completely addicted to before OMAD). I also look at the herbal teas as a kinda medicine of sorts for me. I used Ceylon cinnamon exclusively, because I really like it and it's is excellent to use, also to use cinnamon instead of sugar is a fabulous substitute. Excellent way to drink your coffee Deb!

Most of the cinnamon found in grocery stores isn't ceylon cinnamon though, check out this article:

Cinnamon – Ceylon Vs Cassia, Health Benefits, and Other Interesting Facts
    http://www.organiclifestylemagazine.com/cinnamon-ceylon-vs-cassia-health-benefits-and-other-interesting-facts
  • Alicia09NYC
    Alicia09NYC Posts: 34 Member
    edited December 2016
    am - Coffee w half and Half-
    I'm doing green tea w stevia...the aftertaste kind of gets to me after 2 cups
    noon- Whey protein drink
    night- red wine w my meal
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I fill up all day with water (now cold and ice water....thank Joe) all throughout the day. When I first started, I drank a LOT of green teas, slimming teas, oolong teas and various zero calories herbal and medicinal teas. Now that it's been 2 months, I've slowed down my drinking a lot of teas and only have about 2-3 cups per day now and my main source of beverages is good ole H2O.

Everynight, After my mealtime (between 6pm-10pm), I'll have two caloried drinks:
    Water mixed with Braggs ACV (w/Mother in it)--about 2 heavy tbsps or so, a heavy dash of cayenne pepper and some fresh squeezed lemon-about 2 heavy tbsps or so( --that's about 7 calories and before go to bed, I'll have water mixed with Ceylon cinnamon (about 1/2 teaspoon) 1/2 teaspoon or so of Manuka Honey and 1 teaspoon of Black Seed Oil--that's about 46 cals or so.

On my "splurge" day, I may have a Thai Ice Tea sometime---when I'm having Asian food.

What is the intended purpose of the cayenne? Thanks
  • Whoniverse_Lover
    Whoniverse_Lover Posts: 34 Member
    Black coffee in the morning and then water only until mealtime at 3pm. I usually drink milk or chocolate milk or keifer with my meal because that's what I like and what my brain tells me I want. Then water only till morning.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    That's the great thing about OMAD...we can have a calorie drink of our choice with our meal. ♥