holidays: pressure to eat

2»

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I do feel better after fasting for awhile than being stuffed.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »

I do also.
  • secret_despair30
    secret_despair30 Posts: 57 Member
    edited December 2016
    DebSozo wrote: »

I do also.

me too, I cannot stand the feeling of being full and usually have to go for a brisk walk afterwards (no cardio or intense exercise)! I take forever to eat, sometimes taking a little over an hour. I know Joe said in one of his videos never to take more than an hour, but I was also told slow eating is good so im confused.
    also an update, I kept in control over thanksgiving, although I felt guilty not accepting the pie as it was one of my favorites! :'( but what really made it count for me is the opposite of why most people celebrate. apart from feeling disgusted at how much everyone else was eating, I was also taking in the fact I did NOT have to spend it with my own "family"!
    im going to leave this with a question that has been nagging me for weeks since starting back....is it actually ok if all u are losing is 1-2 pounds a week? there is a rare occasion I can lose about 7-10 in a week, but that's almost never! no matter how little i have at the one meal, its never more than 2lbs in a week! is this a plateau, or am i still on the right track? maybe i just have the wrong mentality about it by expecting more weight loss? I am getting really discouraged because I still get the late night cravings and im 3 months in! I don't understand, why is this so hard, when most people by now on OMAD don't get cravings anymore and its "supposed" to get easier the longer u do it.
  • DebSozo
    edited December 2016

I do also.

me too, I cannot stand the feeling of being full and usually have to go for a brisk walk afterwards (no cardio or intense exercise)! I take forever to eat, sometimes taking a little over an hour.I know Joe said in one of his videos never to take more than an hour, but I was also told slow eating is good so im confused.
    also an update, I kept in control over thanksgiving, although I felt guilty not accepting the pie as it was one of my favorites! :'( but what really made it count for me is the opposite of why most people celebrate. apart from feeling disgusted at how much everyone else was eating, I was also taking in the fact I did NOT have to spend it with my own "family"!
    im going to leave this with a question that has been nagging me for weeks since starting back....is it actually ok if all u are losing is 1-2 pounds a week? there is a rare occasion I can lose about 7-10 in a week, but that's almost never! no matter how little i have at the one meal, its never more than 2lbs in a week! is this a plateau, or am i still on the right track? maybe i just have the wrong mentality about it by expecting more weight loss? I am getting really discouraged because I still get the late night cravings and im 3 months in! I don't understand, why is this so hard, when most people by now on OMAD don't get cravings anymore and its "supposed" to get easier the longer u do it.

1-2 pounds a week average loss is perfect! You will lose more if you have a lot to lose for instance over 100 pounds. Then it drops down to maybe 2 pounds a week and then 1 pound a week. I'm at 1/2 pound a week because I only have 10-15 pounds to go. Figure out your TDEE and create a deficit from that. Be sure to recalculate TDEE every 5-10 pounds lost. It changes as you lose weight. You are doing fine.
    :)

ETA: Taking longer to eat is better than wolfing down food. I think Joe mentioned for those who don't like high volume at one time that we can eat in a window of a couple hours.
  • blambo61

I do also.

me too, I cannot stand the feeling of being full and usually have to go for a brisk walk afterwards (no cardio or intense exercise)! I take forever to eat, sometimes taking a little over an hour. I know Joe said in one of his videos never to take more than an hour, but I was also told slow eating is good so im confused.

If you get too aggressive you may have problems sustaining it. 1lb a week is fine especially if your close to your goal (IMHO). I always partake on special Holidays, because I want to, because at most it will set me back a few days, and I don't want to be bummed and therefore hate the diet and discontinue it.
  • secret_despair30
    secret_despair30 Posts: 57 Member
    edited December 2016

1-2 pounds a week average loss is perfect! You will lose more if you have a lot to lose for instance over 100 pounds. Then it drops down to maybe 2 pounds a week and then 1 pound a week. I'm at 1/2 pound a week because I only have 10-15 pounds to go. Figure out your TDEE and create a deficit from that. Be sure to recalculate TDEE every 5-10 pounds lost. It changes as you lose weight. You are doing fine.

If you get too aggressive you may have problems sustaining it. 1lb a week is fine especially if your close to your goal (IMHO). I always partake on special Holidays, because I want to, because at most it will set me back a few days, and I don't want to be bummed and therefore hate the diet and discontinue it.

fair enough I guess, lol. im not like obese or anything as I was at about 185 at my highest, which is still overweight for my age and height. ive managed to get down to 154 so far, so seeing as my goal weight is around 125-130, I don't have very far to go so that makes sense. although im still iffy about setting a target weight because then I will get discouraged if it takes too long to achieve it, so I just go at my own pace and see what becomes of it. of course im gonna hate it when I have to give in during special holidays and have 2 or 3 splurge days that week, because Im trying to break the habit of thinking that if I have to break the diet because of the holiday pressure, might as well quit. im trying to tell myself that its ok to do that as long as its JUST for that week. I was not giving myself an occasional allowance before when i was doing OMAD, and Im having to learn how dangerous that is, now having seen joes latest 2 videos! in the past, I just felt so disgusting having eaten a lot of food and feeling full, that I let it get the better of me and I felt like I could never truly succeed at it. im trying to break that mindset, but he is right, it is very hard!

as a side note, here is a little before and after pic I did. its not really an "after" because this is not my end result, I just thought id share. (the pic on the left is from april this year, which is the only full body pic I had before starting back n OMAD)! it helps just looking at the pic to remind me that it can still be done, I just have to be stronger than ive allowed myself to be in the past!
    6xwk3iced1xh.jpg

• DebSozo

fair enough I guess, lol. im not like obese or anything as I was at about 185 at my highest, which is still overweight for my age and height. ive managed to get down to 154 so far, so seeing as my goal weight is around 125-130, I don't have very far to go so that makes sense. although im still iffy about setting a target weight because then I will get discouraged if it takes too long to achieve it, so I just go at my own pace and see what becomes of it. of course im gonna hate it when I have to give in during special holidays and have 2 or 3 splurge days that week, because Im trying to break the habit of thinking that if I have to break the diet because of the holiday pressure, might as well quit. im trying to tell myself that its ok to do that as long as its JUST for that week. I was not giving myself an occasional allowance before when i was doing OMAD, and Im having to learn how dangerous that is, now having seen joes latest 2 videos! in the past, I just felt so disgusting having eaten a lot of food and feeling full, that I let it get the better of me and I felt like I could never truly succeed at it. im trying to break that mindset, but he is right, it is very hard!

as a side note, here is a little before and after pic I did. its not really an "after" because this is not my end result, I just thought id share. (the pic on the left is from april this year, which is the only full body pic I had before starting back n OMAD)! it helps just looking at the pic to remind me that it can still be done, I just have to be stronger than ive allowed myself to be in the past!
    6xwk3iced1xh.jpg

You have made amazing progress and you look really great! I definitely can see a difference. Try not to stress too much. Cortisol and stress hormones cause me to gain weight. I'm trying to work on stress relieving exercises and am not taxing myself too hard or I will bloat up from inflammation and resultant water weight. I hate feeling sloshy from water.
  • blambo61
    Your doing good! Steady wins the race! If not eating a lot on a Holiday doesn't bum us out, I don't think there is any harm continuing the diet either. Good luck!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    You look great.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Wow! I'm impressed! The change in just 8 months!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Awesome!