TEAM TWO

Options

Replies

• lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Sad to see that this is the last week. I have only been to Vancouver once for a conference but it is on my bucket list for a running date weekend with the hubby. I love all the outdoor space in the midst of such an urban city.

Alissa - I agree, I am so sad this is the last week. I cannot wait till they do it again. I love this challenge so much!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Did the 6 minute standing ab video twice, it was quite easy for me. Husband and I went for a 2 mile brisk walk after work.
    This challenge has really improved my energy levels and strength.

Kim - so awesome to be able to see improvement, isn't it? I am so happy for you having your husband involved. I can't wait till mine gets on board and we can start doing more active things together.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I am loving seeing all the lists. I am hoping that it will help me think of more for mine because right now I can't come up with 8 although I know there's got to be that many there, I would think. :p
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning, Team 2 Beat!! Let's make this our best week yet! :)

I forgot to mention that yesterday morning I exercised to the videos at the top to get an extra 20 minutes! Woohoo! Just an FYI, the 3rd video actually has talking and not just video, so be prepared! I had the volume a little too low at first and had to finish up the exercise I was doing before turning it up. Whoops.

For those members who have been on this team previously, Leanne (our team captain prior to this go round) says hi!! :)

Hope everyone has a great day!! :p
  • lynnjano
    lynnjano Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Team 2 beat.
    @lbenson2006 @Joanna2012B @kimmy5280 So glad I could provide a little Monday am entertainment and laughs for you.
    I too was streaming tears and LMAO when I saw your responses. Did I mention I hate auto correct?
    @Team 2
    I am also sad this is our last week. Vancouver Videos are gorgeous, started the ab videos, thinking about my goals, will post soon.
    Wishing everyone a Healthy Safe week, let's make a grand exit!!!
    Get out there and get some active minutes and points.
  • belle_reve9
    belle_reve9 Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Healthy Lifestyle Choices:

1)Have a lot more water
    2)Try to stay under calorie goal every day
    3)Limit the number of ‘treats’ that I have after dinner
    4)Make myself get up before work to get to the gym
    5)Run at least 15 miles every week
    6)Aim for a lot more fruits and veggies every day
    7)Try to cut down on the ‘fun’ coffee drinks that I have
    8)Stop being so hard on myself on how far I have or haven’t come in this journey

9) I would like to have the courage to do a lot more weight training exercises at the gym!
  • energyseeker
    energyseeker Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    For challenge 2 I chose Drum to a Viking beat as this was the first challenge of this Amazing Race and thought I'd make the final challenge the same. I also wanted to have an indoor challenge so I did not have to worry about the weather. Lots of snow fell last night and it is slippery outside. I have my exercise ball which makes a great drum. I also remember it being a great cardio workout. I'm exhausted and will rest well tonight.
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Hey All,

Doing my check in so far for the week, its been less hectic so far but still busy as I am taking advantage of overtime with work while I have a chance. This weekend is going to be interesting, Crook is in a dog show this weekend and we are driving to the show Friday, Saturday and then again on Monday. Wish us luck, its only his second show.
    Its been a slow start to the week energy wise, but I will get there.

Healthy Habits to Continue:
    1) Still continue my weight loss journey
    2) Continue to stay active in everyday things
    3) Stay happy with the progress that i have made with my body
    4) Keep my sanity for work
    5) Keep the cravings at bay, especially for sweets
    6) Keep under my calorie goals
    7) Not be so hard on myself when I slip up, tomorrow is always another day
    8) Maintain my long hikes with my sister once a month, for sister time

Something to try
    9) Bring out my running gear and start training for a half marathon
    10) Get back to the gym and start toning up my body to further my body improvement

I think I am going to go back to Japan, only because I absolutely love Sumo Squats, and while I was very uncoordinated for the warm up videos at least its not dancing !!!

Have a good week you all, I will be back to check in again on Thursday, probably after Dog bath time.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Good luck Crook...and Bri!! Lol. You may have answered this in the past, but I'm assuming Crook is the adorable pup in the picture??
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Dogs got me up early which I was cursing at first then realized it would give me the ability to get downstairs early and do a longer workout. Over an hour and I am whooped and the day hasn't even started really. :o I finished up the standing abs videos. I am working on the Japan's week sumo squats and radio tsaio. Had made my decision before I realized you only had to do one but will stick to finishing out the radio tsaio even though I can log my points once I complete the sumo squats. Still need to compose my list of 8. Maybe I need to start jotting my thoughts down. Anyways, have a great hump day!!
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Good morning team 2

It is so cold this morning! 11 (F) which is our high for the day. Woo, starting to feel like Christmas might just be around the corner. I had a great day yesterday. Stayed under calories, and did a bunch of walking. Did the 20 minutes of videos and the first ab video. It was killer, I have no abs.

Challenge #3
    1. Moving more, I love my daily walks and feel like crap if I don't do it.
    2. Mindful eating, portion sizes, staying within my calories
    3. forgiving myself when I don't eat under calories, or do as much exercise as I want
    4. Setting a good example for my kids, influencing the way they think about things
    5. Hiking with the BF
    6. MFP Challenges, these help keep me motivated and on point.
    7. Water, did I mention Water? and more water.
    8. Loving myself, being proud of the changes I have made and will continue to make.

and what I want to add:
    Too many things to count, but here are a few Run a 5k, Mud run 10k with sister, strength training at the gym, Learning to do push ups again. Bike riding.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I think I have decided on Stairs....Love me some stair running! I'll do them on Saturday after spin!!

Healthy Habits to continue
    1) Maintain my current fitness Level
    2) Do Yoga at least twice a week
    3) Keep Running
    4) Pack a healthy lunch for work most days
    5) Eat my fruits and veggies
    6) Drink my 8+ glasses of water daily
    7) Pack lunches for games and tournaments during baseball season - it is way too easy to get takeout!!
    8) Take my Iron everyday so that I may continue to give blood

Healthy Habit to try
    9) Meal Prepping - I believe this will assist me in losing my last little bit and to maintain my Healthy Eating Habits!!

• Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good luck Crook...and Bri!! Lol. You may have answered this in the past, but I'm assuming Crook is the adorable pup in the picture??

Yep that's him. but don't tell him he is adorable it just goes to his head.
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    Raasy wrote: »

Yep that's him. but don't tell him he is adorable it just goes to his head.

He looks like a lot of fun but also looks like he can be very mischievous!!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    No gym today. But I still did an exercise video (CIZE...dancing...LOVE IT) and another shorter workout. Had to break them up and do small bits at a time because of the baby, but eventually got them done. If it weren't for this Amazing Race challenge I wouldn't even bother force to get them done. Thank God for this challenge and this team. Now for bed.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    No gym today. But I still did an exercise video (CIZE...dancing...LOVE IT) and another shorter workout. Had to break them up and do small bits at a time because of the baby, but eventually got them done. If it weren't for this Amazing Race challenge I wouldn't even bother force to get them done. Thank God for this challenge and this team. Now for bed.

I know. I will be a little sad when the challenge is over. It's really helping me stay active during this sluggish winter season.
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    I have really enjoyed the Race, but I am looking forward to a little break from all Challenges. I definitely want to join again if they offer one after January!!!
  • lbenson2006
    Options
    I have really enjoyed the Race, but I am looking forward to a little break from all Challenges. I definitely want to join again if they offer one after January!!!

I think I need to do just one 30 day challenge at a time. This countdown to Christmas and boot camp challenge is getting to me. I think it's because I am dreading the boot camp piece every darn day. I keep thinking I should just quit, but keep going...so far. :)
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Grr, I went to go do the ab video last night and my internet was being a PITA. I couldn't get a connection.

Today it is frigid out. -2F before windchill. Only supposed to get up to 20,

Guess I need to do two videos tonight.
  • Joanna2012B
    Options

I think I need to do just one 30 day challenge at a time. This countdown to Christmas and boot camp challenge is getting to me. I think it's because I am dreading the boot camp piece every darn day. I keep thinking I should just quit, but keep going...so far. :)

I am totally in the same boat...plus I do my own cross training, running....just too much. I am struggling for time for the Boot Camp Part. One challenge at a time is doable!!